Nine

Another Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once there was enough hugging and more tears to be shed. Everyone that was outside went inside the house and decided to have some cake that Yoonji had bought for Miyu. This birthday she got to spend it with her brothers.

It felt perfect in her life and of course, she couldn't forget her feelings towards Jongup. He was different and he listened to her. He cares for her and accepts for who she is. Despite it being so quickly it felt nice.

Miyu was sitting in the middle of her brothers on the sofa but Yongguk was the one who never took his eyes off her. He smiled and then shed a few more tears and hugged her more. Before Himchan pulled them apart so he could have a turn. They both were fighting to have her in their arms but she too needed some space to breathe.

She loves her brothers and they can be loving but she needed space of her own.

"Jongup, how does it feel dating someone older than you?" Junhong asked with a smile on his face.

Daehyun and Youngjae let out a laugh but then covered their mouth quickly knowing Yongguk knew nothing about it.

"Wait what?" Yongguk asked confusingly at Jongup and then he looked at Himchan and Yoonji.

Yoonji widen her eyes as she looked at Miyu with slightly opened and looked at Jongup. "No way?"

Himchan took off his shoe throwing it at the young one. He dodged it and laughed.

"You knew about this?" Yongguk smacked the back of Himchans head making it move forward.

"I had a hunch." Himchan answered rubbing his head. "I didn't expect much, but I can only tell how he looks at her."

Jongup stayed quiet with a smile forming on his face as his ears were turning red. Miyu bit her bottom afraid to even look at her older brother in the eye. "It just sort of happened..."

"Oh please do tell me more." Yongguk leaned forward looking at his sister but then looked at Jongup. "Emerald City, look at me."

Emerald City?

Jongup stayed looking down for a bit before he moved his head up looking at his alpha. "I...I don't know how to explain it. I just feel an emotional connection to her. Even if I could stop it, I don't want too."

Miyu looked at his eyes and she smiled feeling her heart race. He looked over to her and felt the same feeling she was feeling.

"Wait a minute..." Yoonji looked at Jongup and then to Himchan. "Emotional connection? Isn't what you and I have?"

Himchan nodded and sighed. "Yes. I think we should tell them."

Yongguk couldn't stop looking at Jongup who was with his sister. "I just got my sister back and you're telling me your emotionally connected with her?"

"Yongguk don't." Himchan said getting up and poking his wrapped wound.

"Ow! What the hell!" he shouted at him.

Himchan moved Miyu to his seat sitting himself in the middle. "Let me tell them what we found out in the Lunar Village."

Yongguk sighed sitting back letting Himchan talk.

"What about the Lunar Village?" Youngjae asked being interested as the mentioned his home.

Himchan looked at Yoonji who was smiling at him and then back at the others. "When Yongguk and I first arrived there, we spoke to a Deacon."

"You mean Ha Minhwan?" Youngjae asked again blinking his eyes.

"Who is he?" Daehyun asked this time.

"Before we found any of you. Youngjae was the first one we found and he was in the Lunar Village with some relatives before we took him with us." Yongguk replied the answer for him. "Minhwan, is like a doctor prophet or something, for when we find someone we want to be with and have kids. He has to check us before anything can happen."

"He mentioned to us we don't relate to most wolves. We are part human and we are allowed to love more than once. So for us we don't have mates that stay with us forever." Himchan sighed for a moment and leaned forward putting his elbows on his thighs. "For us werewolves, we have an emotional connection with our significant other. But not only do we feel what they feel. They feel what we feel as well. When we found those we felt emotionally connected to, they are similar to mates and we won't part from them."

"So basically the emotional connection has two go both ways and its considered as mates?" Mikako asked understanding her summariezed version from Himchan. 

"But you stayed with Yoonji for a long time." Junhong said blinking his eyes and then to her.

Himchan nodded. "Yes but I stayed longer because I wanted to be sure my feelings were real. Yongguk and I don't believe in that crap we were told but it turns out it is true. So I stayed with Yoonji longer and I ended up falling in love in the process."

"Why didn't you tell us this before?" Jongup finally spoke up looking at Himchan.

"Because we didn't think one of you would end up finding someone until we found Mikako. To be selfish for our own personal reason, we didn't want any of you to end up feeling that way until we found what we wanted. That's why."

"That's cruel." Daehyun said back to them. "You were keeping us in the dark like that? We are supposed to be a pack and we tell each other everything!"

"Daehyun --"

"No you even kept us in the dark about those witches!" he stood up looking at his alpha and beta. "You could have told us once we were complete as a pack instead you had us looking for your sister!"

"We are sorry, we just --"

"Wanted your sister back. Yeah I get it. But you know what.. you are selfish for doing that to us." He looked at Miyu and glared. "You have two selfish brothers, congratulations."

He walked off going outside slamming the door, waking up Nox in the process as he let out a screech and flapped his wings.

"It's ok, go back to sleep." Miyu stood up and went to her owl. She held out her index finger as he climbed on and she took him to her room.

"Creepy owl." Himchan said shaking his head and then looked at Yoonji." Why did you give her that?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "I needed a way to stay connected."

"That's why cell phones were created." he scoffed at her.

"No service out here and we are witches." she said sticking out her tongue. She stood up and went to the door. "I'll go talk to Daehyun."

Miyu came back and stayed standing before Yongguk met her eyes. "What's wrong?"

"Is it true.. about Lillian?" she asked him.

Yongguk looked at Himchan and looked back at her. "Yes."

"So what happens now?" she asked going over to her brothers. Himchan moved from his place going back to his old spot letting Miyu sit between them again.

Yongguk sighed and clenched his jaw. "Anna wants the stone."

Wha-what?

- - -

Daehyun bent down trying to find a rock and throw it to the trees but all he picked up were leaves and dirt. He kicked the leaves under him and groaned trying to find a way to get rid of his frustration.

He heard a noise and turned to see Yoonji walking up to him. "I know it's hard."

He scoffed looking away. "How am I suppose to trust them if they keep secrets from us! That's not a pack! They treat us like servants or something and we are suppose to be one together. Instead we get used and lied too."

Yoonji smiled at his cute stubbornness and placed her hand on his shoulder. "Daehyun, you need to calm down and see it from their point of view. Nothing came easy for them or you or anyone in the pack. They believed Miyu was alive this whole time. They didn't expect to run into those witches and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter