Two

Another Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taking care of a wolf who is badly injured is one thing. But trying to care for a werewolf is another. It was never simple.

It had been a while since she saw a werewolf.

Thirteen years to be exact.

She had nursed a few wolves before and they were grateful in return. Although, werewolves were different since they were part human as well.

It took Miyu at least fifteen minutes to carry the black werewolf inside. The rain was starting to hit hard and it the lighting was so quick it was a blink of an eye.

Nox was on his place setting still looking outside. Sometimes Miyu ever wondered maybe he was possibly human inside him and he wasn't telling her.

The werewolf was whimpering in pain as he was laying on the dark orange carpet with a few towels placed under him. She didn't want the carpet to get stained. It's hard to wash off the blood once it was dried.

Miyu looked at his wounds and tired her best to stop the bleeding but she needed him to transform back to his human form. In the mean time, she used long wraps of bandages to wrap around the area to see if it would stop.

Then she got up on her feet and went to the kitchen to check the tea and the wine with garlic. She smiled as she stirred both things a few times and Nox made a screech as he was flapping his wings from his post but he was looking in another direction.

Miyu went to see what it was and her eyes widen as she saw the werewolf transform to his human form and as expected he was .

Feeling her cheeks burn up at the unexpected seen, Miyu went to the spare room and found a something to cover him up. Thankfully it was a thin blanket that could be of use. When she touched his forehead, she realized he was burning up with a fever. She was smart enough to make tea that would fix that.

She grabbed the items and went back to his side and started working on healing him. Before she got too comfortable, she went to the bathroom to grab a few cloths and cut them in four square pieces.

"Nox," she poke while spreading the wine and garlic on the cloth. The owl looked at her with his big black round eyes. "Thank you."

He continued to look at her but he closed his eyes and went back looking out the window watching the storm.

The wounds looked bad but with what she was using, he would heal and the tea would help the inflammation as well.

Before she placed the cloth on him she closed her eyes and took in a deep breath.

Relax Miyu.

'With this herb, heal thy wound.'

She said the same thing over and over a few times. When she opened her eyes she continued to say the same chant over and over. One thing her mother always taught her was to never give up when you're mixing a herb and a spell together. It would only work if you believed.

Kind of like when you believe in fairies.

It's magic.

She placed the first cloth on his wound placing it on top of the blood. She hurried fixing up the other one but stayed calm as she fixed up the other on by his upper arm.

'With his herb, heal thy wound.'

Miyu pressed down hoping it would speed up the process. She closed her eyes and continued the chant a bit louder as the thunder outside was roaring louder as well with the flash of lighting filling the sky.

Nox let out a screech at what was happening and flew away from the window and went to the two people.

He watched his owner still chanting a few more times until she stopped and moved her hands away opening her eyes. Their eyes met and she smiled at him.

"I think he will be ok." she spoke softly and went to his head picking up carefully and placed it on her lap. She grabbed the cup of tea and stirred it again and pushing his chin down as she got his mouth slightly open. "Come on, help me and drink this. It will help."

She his black wet hair as she waiting for a sign. It didn't take long when he let out a groan. She placed the cup to his mouth and slowly tilted it up as he could be heard drinking the tea. He choked on it a few times, but she managed to shush him, telling him it was ok.

When he drank all of it Miyu placed the tea cup to the side and saw him going back to sleep to rest. She looked at the rest of his body and he only had a few scratches and possibly a few bruises since she saw a few dark spots.

One thing she noticed the most were the two tattoos on the right side of his neck. They were star like shaped. She kept looking at it and somehow her fingers were carefully them. He flinched under her and turned his head to the side.

She stop probably making him uncomfortable and then look at his face. Even though he was slightly upside down to her. She could still look at him gracefully.

He had nicely shaped eyebrows with a fine nose that had a mole on the left side. She couldn't help but smile at it.

Nice touch.

His nose led to his nice shaped light pink lips and where slightly opened as he was breathing. She didn't even notice she was humming to herself and his wet hair that was actually calming him too.

Realizing what she was doing, she stopped as she picked up her hands and looked at Nox, who was just looking at her but at the person asleep. She grabbed a pillow from the sofa and placed it under his head as she got up to go back to the kitchen.

Despite what was happening, her heart was pumping quickly for some unknown reason. It had never happened to her before. Leaving a lone for five years and staying away from other people just made it easier for her.

At least that's what her mentor told her.

But just by staying in that one place, she felt relaxed and she liked it. Which is weird.

Miyu shook her head closing her eyes taking in a deep breath and let it out. Then she noticed something. It was quiet. She turned to the window and the storm was passing. "Nox, look outside."

She heard him flew to his post and he was looking outside.

It didn't take long for Miyu to go to almost every window and open them letting the scent of rain enter the house. It was a good smell especially with the moist dirt also filling the air.

She went back to the person laying on her carpet and he was still sound asleep.

"Now we wait Nox."

- - -

Birds were chirping from a distance and the scent of something sweet was feeling up his nostrils. It was a sweet scent that left his mouth watering yet unusual since he had to be in the forest somewhere with his pack.

This has to be a dream or a joke.

Not only was the scent sweet, it also had a spice that made his mouth still watering yet he knew this wasn't real.

It's a dream.

He carefully shifted around the ground and let out a hiss as he sat up. He grabbed his left side with his right arm and tightened his eyes dealing with the pain. "What happened?"

A screech filled his ears making his eyes pop wide open and he was realized he wasn't in the forest with the rest of the pack. He was in some house.

"Where am I?"

He looked around and carefully stood up and saw a small table in front of the kitchen and saw a sofa right in front of him with a small coffee table. Another screech was heard and he met eyes with a barn owl looking at him.

He then felt a breeze in a certain place and looked down. He widen his eyes and grabbed the blanket wrapping it around his waist but did it carefully since he was sore almost everywhere. He felt something fall from his side and looked down. It was blood and something else that was red.

"Oh you're up." a female voice rang in his ears and a light chuckle. "Sorry I don't have any boy clothing for you. The thin blanket was my only choice."

When he met eyes with the person talking. He felt the air knocked out of him. His heart somehow skipped a beat and his watery mouth went dry.

"Don't worry, I didn't really want to look." she let out smile and had her hands on her hips.

She had short black hair with bangs and her skin was pure glowing as her gray shirt was oversized on her. He couldn't tell if

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter