Connection

Look At Me (Junshua)

"Jun, I swear-"
"Oh come on."
"No."
"Pleaaaaaase???"
"Can't you ask-"
"He said no."
"Well too bad."
"Joshua-hyung...pretty please?" Jun (attempted to) make a pouting face, his eyes wide and pleading.
Joshua tried to avoid his gaze, but finally he turned to his seatmate, exasperated.
"Urgh, fine! Just once!"
"Yay!! Thanks hyung! I love you~"
Jun got up and pulled Joshua with him in front of the table where their fansigning was taking place.
Then, he simply lifted Joshua off his feet and held him sideways, firmly in place. The usual.
Joshua wanted to die from embarrassment, but smiled feebly at the screaming onlookers, who were snapping away with their cameras.
"You can put me down now," he muttered out of the corner of his mouth.
"Just a bit longer~"
"Jun-"
Jun grinned and placed him down softly. Joshua never appreciated solid ground more than at that moment.
As they returned to their seats, Joshua huffed, "We are never doing that again."
"You know you liked it."
"Have you lost your mind?"
"Lost in the moment, yes. And besides, the fan so cutely asked. I couldn't just say no."
Joshua rolled his eyes. "Next time, do that with Jihoon."
Jun laughed and returned to signing albums.

Joshua, meanwhile, was just trying to calm the hell down.
Curse this seating arrangement, he thought woefully. Jun is just attacking at my emotions at this point.
And to make matters worse, he was still dwelling on the words Jun had flung out in his delight.
"I love you."
Gahhhhhh!!!!!
Joshua bit his lip and tried to control his heartbeat, something that seemed impossible by now. 
Anyway, this is so dumb. Jun obviously only likes to be with me to tease me, nothing else. So quit worrying over him, Joshua.
Not that those words made any difference in his head.
Jun had a habit, and he knew it by now. Whenever he was embarrassed or feeling fluttery inside, he switched to Flirty Jun, a.k.a the side of Jun that just existed to make Joshua a mess, so Jun could mask his own feelings. Now, that wasn't all too bad, but afterwards, he'd switch back, and be left agonizing over what the hell he'd just said/done. 
This'd been one of those times.
Did I really just say 'I love you' to the person I have a goddamn crush on? Jun reflected. And why do I always blurt out things like that? God!
He chanced a look at Joshua, who's face matched his hair again. Oops. I bet he really hated that. But whatever. Jihoon would've smashed my skull in if I tried, and Joshua-hyung's the second lightest.
And no, he wasn't just a tad bit pleased with himself. It's not like seeing Joshua blush because of him was some sort of achievement.
Except it totally was, and Jun felt those jittery feelings again. 

The fansigning had ended, but a certain person wasn't off the hook.
"Jun, come on," said a playful voice.
Jun tried to ignore him.
"Oh Junnie-" Hearing that (absolutely goddamn cute) nickname from Joshua made Jun want to fling himself into the sun.
Jun whirled around. 
"I'm tired too, you know." 
Joshua raised an eyebrow. "Hm? Sorry, who was it that forced me to get up in front of a ton of people and do that earlier?"
Jun knew this was coming. He sighed. 
"Fine. With this, we're even, okay?"
Joshua smirked. God. If Joshua had any idea what that expression did to Jun...
Joshua hopped onto Jun's back, clinging to him like a koala. Jun groaned under the extra weight he now had to carry.
"It's not too far," Joshua added helpfully. Jun snorted and kept walking. 
He could feel Joshua's freaking heartbeat through their clothes. It was enough to drive Jun insane. And then Joshua's incessant breathing in his ear, his arms wrapped around the younger boy's torso...Jun was surprised he wasn't already 6 feet down under.

Joshua probably should've rethought his punishment. Because now it felt like a double edged sword.
Because now, his heart was beating like mad, and he was sure Jun heard it. He was breathing heavily too, and Jun's back was so sturdy, so nice...he wanted to stay like this for a while.
"Quit playing with my hair," Jun mumbled as one of Joshua's hands lifted up a few strands.
"It's a lot softer than I expected, considering how often you dyed it," Joshua remarked. "Jeonghan's feels like withered grass."
Jun was only slightly tempted to drop Joshua. Instead he shook his head, hoping Joshua couldn't see how red his ears were getting.
"Thanks, grapefuit," he muttered.
Joshua grinned. He suddenly remembered the times Jun had talked into his ears, something he hated because it felt so weird, and he leaned closer.
"No problem," he breathed into the other's ear.
Jun might've actually dropped Joshua if Joshua hadn't been clinging to him. As such, he definitely did stagger and lower him a bit before collecting himself.
"Don't do that," he hissed.
"You did that to me so many times."
"I thought we were even, grapefruit."
Joshua couldn't help himself. He leaned in once more.
"Now we are."
Jun closed his eyes momentarily, fighting back the urge to dump Joshua onto the ground and leave him there. Or dump him onto the ground and make out with him then and there. Something Jun totally did not fantasize about doing on occasion.
What the hell am I thinking about when Joshua is right here? he thought, groaning internally. 

He almost cried with happiness when they reached their destination. He immediately released Joshua, rubbing his sore back.
"You better be satisfied," he grumbled. Joshua smiled, his eyes doing that hella cute twinkling that made Jun want to--
Stop it, Jun. He doesn't like you. Get that through to your head already. He backed away, throwing himself onto his bed.
Joshua eyed Jun. There was really so much he wanted to say. For one, he had this slight crush on Jun that was driving him insane. But he knew Jun was always grossed out about things like the paper kissing or pepero game, and he had a feeling Jun would be less than thrilled to hear that Joshua liked him as more than a friend.
So he swallowed and made his way elsewhere so as not to have to look at Jun any longer.
I just wish he liked me back, both boys thought ruefully.

 

-----------------------------

Um, hi it's me, good ol author-nim or whatever. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed(?) the update! lol yeah i know but just hold tight for now ^^ i have school n stuff so i'll try to update asap ;; thanks for reading!