Warmth

Look At Me (Junshua)

Jun awoke to a pleasant surprise.
Or a downright terrifying one, depending on the take.
He'd just had a nice dream, when he was aware that despite the chill that autumn should be bringing, he was feeling way too hot. 
He kicked off the blankets, but that really did nothing. He sighed and turned over, trying to use mind control to get the air conditioner to suddenly turn on.
He finally opened his eyes, deciding he couldn't go back to sleep like this.
As he opened his eyes he was aware of the fact that he was not, in fact, alone on his bed.
Joshua was curled up next to him, his breathing slow and even, his hair a mess and pulled back, revealing his forehead which he usually kept hidden.
Jun wasn't the type to scream for any reason what so ever, but he did let out a startled yelp before catching himself.
This heat must be making me hallucinate, he thought wearily. He attempted to sit up when he realized Joshua's arm was draped over his torso, gently holding him in place.
Then Jun figured out that he really wasn't dreaming and that the Last Person he wanted this to be was actually lying next to him.
Oh, and defenseless. In case that wasn't obvious.
Jun was sure waking up to a heart attack was not healthy by any means, so he tried to calm himself down. Through the dim light cast through the windows, he eyed Joshua's sleeping face-not much different from usual except that his expression was slightly flushed--probably from the heat. His mouth was subtly open, his breaths steady and light. His shirt was pulled up halfway, revealing his stomach, the collar ed and slipping over one shoulder, exposing his collarbones easily, and his shorts were much too high up his thighs in Jun's modest opinion. Oh, fun.
Jun gulped and slowly pulled Joshua's arm off himself, then got up. What was Joshua even doing in his bed in the first place? He glanced around to make sure he wasn't actually in Joshua's bed. Nope. That meant that Joshua had ended up in his somehow.
Jun gently poked Joshua's cheek, unsure of how to get him up. He ruffled his hair, then traced his finger down Joshua's way too sharp and defined jawline and chin before resting on his bottom lip.
Joshua made a soft breathy sound that almost--almost--resembled a moan. Jun bit back the strangled sound that nearly left his throat. Joshua was lying here, half dressed, in Jun's bed, utterly defenseless and looking way too tempting.
Don't do it, Jun. Oh my god, don't you dare do what you're thinking. 
Jun leaned in closer. 
Jesus, stop it.
His eyes were locked on Joshua's lips, unable to tear himself away from how goddamn smooth and full they looked.
Jun, if you dare move another millimeter closer...
Joshua shifted suddenly, causing Jun to fling himself away and off the sheets. Joshua turned a bit and stretched, still asleep. 
Jun had enough. He was going to wake Joshua up and get him out of his freaking bed if it was the last thing he did.
He starting shaking Joshua, noticing the way his shirt easily slipped away from his body, revealing more than it already should've been. He shook his head, avoiding any further distractions and starting muttering "Joshua-hyung, wake up," before Joshua's eyes finally fluttered open.
"Hm? Jun? What's up?"
"You're in my bed."
At those words, Joshua sat up much too quickly, his body slightly twitchy.
"I-I am?" He turned and saw his own bed at the other side of the room. "Oh sh-sorry," he mumbled, getting off and stumbling towards his own.
There was no way Jun was going to be able to fall asleep now. 
And the same seemed to apply for Joshua.
"Care to explain?" Jun finally asked what he'd been dying to know.
There was a brief silence. "Um-I'm not really sure myself...I think I may have stumbled in the wrong bed when I went to get a drink of water..." Joshua confessed, his voice low.
Jun laughed quietly. "Well, it's hot in here, so I was kinda burning up."
"Yeah, sorry about that," Joshua mumbled. He thanked all things supernatural that it was too dark for Jun to make out how red his face had gotten. He was feeling unusually hot for some reason.
Jun blamed the next few sentences he blurted on the fact that he was still half asleep. 
"You look really cute when you're sleeping. Like a deer. Well, I don't know what a deer looks like asleep but you look like one."
Joshua didn't respond at first and Jun thought he'd gone to sleep.
"Oh, r-really...thanks," the latter finally replied, his voice cracking at least twice in that one sentence.
Surprised by his tone, Jun clicked on the bedside lamp. Then he saw Joshua's face, which was even more flushed than usual.
"Are you hot? It's a bit more heated in here than usual," Jun remarked in concern for the small figure across him.
Joshua shook his head, and Jun noticed the way his bangs stuck to his forehead due to beads of sweat.
"Are you sure?" 
Joshua nodded, still not speaking. Jun didn't like the way his eyes were slightly unfocused and or the way his breaths sounded a bit more sharp than they ought to be. He got up and walked over to him. Before he knew what he was doing he'd placed a hand on Joshua's forehead.
"Holy shi-dude! You're burning up! Oh geez, should I call someone?"
Joshua shook his head again, grabbing Jun's hand.
"Your hand's just cold," he refuted weakly.
Annoyed at Joshua's resistance, Jun did something very logical and well thought out that he was sure he wouldn't regret later.
He leaned in suddenly and rested his forehead against Joshua's, their breaths mingling in the heat of the room.
Joshua's eyes widened slightly but they still looked glassy, and Jun knew his forehead was much warmer than his own.
"You definitely have a fever," Jun murmured.
Joshua didn't respond, his breath sounding ragged.
"I'm going to go call someone. Stay here," he said, finally releasing Joshua and moving away, heading to the main hall so he could call a staff member.
It was kind of a blur after that. He saw a person check his temperature, calling for someone else to bring supplies. Jun just stood there, no longer feeling very sleepy.

"I'm fine guys," Joshua repeated for the hundredth time to the huddle of members sitting around him the next morning.
He was bed bound for the time being. It turned out he had a fever of a whopping 103 degrees, resulting in somewhat of a commotion as members clamored down to the dorm to check on him.
"It hasn't gone down yet, has it?" Joshua asked hopefully, and his temperature was taken again. Nope. He sighed and leaned back on his bed, uncomfortable and just wanting to go back to participating in promotions with the others.
Eventually, the members had to return and get dressed and styled up for their next outing, leaving Joshua to brood silently over his health.
Then Jun popped in, his face makeupified, his outfit crisp and perfect. Joshua looked up at him and pouted, nearly making Jun fall over from the sheer cuteness in his expression.
"I'm bored..." Joshua complained, his hair tussled and his face about as grouchy looking as a puppy. Jun smiled.
"Well, try not to fall sick on us again and that won't be a problem anymore."
Joshua stuck out his bottom lip, visibly moping. Jun wanted to forget promotions and keep Joshua company, to rid the poor guy's boredom of course, not to get closer to that absolutely lovable face.
Joshua closed his eyes suddenly, turning away. "Can't you sneak me out somehow?" he asked halfheartedly.
Was this some sort of test? Because Jun was this close to failing.
He walked over to Joshua's small figure, back facing him, bundled under the covers. He leaned towards his exposed ear.
"I don't know," Jun breathed. "Maybe if you behave I'll get you a souvenir."
Joshua didn't seem fazed that Jun had just done the one thing he hated. In fact, he turned towards Jun, grinning.
"Really? No takebacks then," Joshua chirped, smiling contently, his eyes twinkling. He reached out and pinched Jun's cheek. It took all of Jun's self control not to melt on the spot. He backed away, his own face going red instead of his target's, like he'd planned. He bid Joshua farewell, the latter seemingly lost in thought as he nodded back. Jun took a deep breath as he left the room.
ADGAHSJKLSKSJPSKSL
He nearly went OTL right then and there on the floor. Instead, he locked his shaking knees and attempted to walk like a normal human being.
Joshua Hong, I swear...Jun muttered to himself. Once Joshua's fever was over he was so going to get him back for making Jun this way.

When Jun returned from their activities, he immediately dashed to his room to make sure Joshua hadn't died somehow during the day. 
Luckily, Joshua seemed alright, his fever had reduced somewhat during the course of the day. As Jun got into bed, he noticed his roommate was shaking like crazy under the covers.
"Hyung? Are you alright?"
Joshua turned to look at him, nodding.
"Just a bit cold," Joshua replied.
A bit?
Jun sighed and got up. He usually left the windows open to give the room some sort of breeze (the air conditioners were not quite up to speed) but he knew his hyung was probably freezing inside.
"Wai-Jun! You don't have to do that," Joshua exclaimed as Jun shut the windows.
"What? And let you turn into an icicle? No thanks."
"N-no! I'm fine!"
Jun walked over to him, and in one fell swoop pulled the layers of blankets off of him. Joshua gasped in surprise. His entire figure started shivering even more at the sudden onslaught of cold.
Jun raised his eyebrows. "Fine?" he repeated.
"Y-yes..." 
Jun shook his head. "You're awful at lying."
Joshua pouted again, causing Jun's resistance to crumble just slightly. 
"Well, you're awful at keeping promises."
"What?"
"You said you'd get me a souvenir," Joshua suddenly recalled, crossing his arms in an attempt to look angry (but failing miserably of course). "But I don't see one."
Jun was more than bewildered that Joshua had remembered that. Or taken it seriously, for that matter.
"Uh...your prize is that you get to sleep without freezing to death."
Joshua's sulking increased. He dropped his head, mumbling something about "promises" and "trust" or whatever.
Jun bit back a laugh. "Okay, okay. What do you want?" he asked, sitting next to him on the bed.
Joshua's eyes lit up like a little kid. "Oh! So I can pick? Hmm..." He furrowed his brow, looking ridiculously deep in thought.
Jun remained calm and collected on the outside, but his inner monologue went something like this:
HE'S SO GODDAMN CUTE WHEN HE'S SICK WTFFFF AH I CAN'T DEAL WITH THIS I'M--
Joshua snapped up suddenly. "Open the windows," he insisted.
"Huh? No-"
"Wait listen! This is my gift, right? So open the windows and," his eyes flashed a childish look of glee. "sleep next to me. I'll stay warm with the blankets and you can just sleep without any if you're too hot."
Jun's mouth may or may not've dropped open.
"E-excuse me?"
Joshua turned to him, wide eyed and dead serious. Oh god.
"What? Are you actually secretly cold as well?"
Jun shook his head. "No..it's just..."
"Oh, if you're worried, I don't hog all the space on the bed. I rarely turn in my sleep."
Jun couldn't believe what he was doing. Joshua was clearly out of his mind, his face still warm from fever but the rest of him cold, his eyes cheerful and his mind probably irrational since he was most likely still delirious from fever. Joshua had a flimsy grip on Jun's arm as he pulled him down to sleep next to him. 
He fell asleep in seconds.
Jun rolled his eyes. Of course. He made a mental note to avoid letting a fever-stricken Joshua go anywhere alone, as he was most likely to get himself kidnapped or killed in seconds.

Joshua's face was turned to him, inches from his own. Jun suddenly recalled the previous night when he'd checked Joshua's temperature using his own forehead, something he'd randomly recalled throughout the day and tried to force back since he'd blushed each time the thought resurfaced. 
Joshua was no longer as warm to the touch, but he was still far from back to normal. Although, it was mostly his personality that got affected. And a tiny--very tiny-- part of Jun wished Joshua would stay this way--not sick of course--since it was both amusing and was also giving his heart diabetes.
"Mmm..." Joshua suddenly mumbled. Jun looked and saw Joshua's lips pucker up slightly.
Jun could feel that familiar rush he'd felt last night. He gripped his fists. 
Jun, don't.
He raised himself slightly.
He has a fever for crying out loud.
He moved towards Joshua's face.
Do you wanna get sick too?
He leaned closer.
He'll kill you if he sees what you're doing.
He eyed Joshua's mouth once more, still in that enticing position. 
This is your souvenir, hyung.
His lips gently brushed over Joshua's. It felt like time slowed down. Joshua remained blissfully unaware that his lips had just been violated. Jun remained like that for a while, indulging in the sweet taste of his lips on Joshua's, every bit as soft as he'd imagined.
He finally pulled away, and only then it hit him.
Oh my god oh my god oh my god what the hell did I just do oh my god...
He got out of Joshua's bed, feeling terrible about taking advantage of Joshua like that. Joshua who was innocently lying there, unaware of the detestable guy right next to him. He went back to his own bed.
Despite leaving the windows open, the room felt much warmer than usual that night.

---------------------------------

eheheheehehe they finally did it~ well not really since Joshua was asleep but you know what I mean qvq hope u enjoyed the update! or at least Joshua's pouting face ahaha the cutie ^^