The Mistake

Look At Me (Junshua)

“Jun…what the hell are you doing…?” Joshua groaned, turning over in his bed to face Jun.
Jun mock gasped. “Language, hyung! Tsk tsk.”
“Shut it, Junnie.”
Jun snickered and went back to what he was doing, aware that his heart was stupidly thumping over that dumb excuse of a conversation.
“Jun..it’s like 7 in the morning…”
“And we’re going to have our dance practice video filmed at 9.”
“What…”
Jun decided not to look back at Joshua’s adorable half awake form. 
“I have to look good, hyung! I mean, this is the new and revamped Jun, here! I gotta please the crowd,” he explained, holding up two different shirts.
Joshua probably rolled his eyes, Jun wasn’t sure since he was determined not to look at him. 
“You always look good, Jun. So go back to sleep.”
Jun tried not to let those words get to him, but too late. He bit his lips to hold back a smile.
“Oh, and Jun…please pick up that huge pile of clothes you just dumped onto the floor. It looks like a landfill in here,” Joshua added drowsily.
Jun was trying to think back something in retaliation but when he finally turned to face Joshua, the latter was already peacefully asleep.
“Pft, fine, since you asked so nicely,” Jun muttered. He dropped the clothes he’d been holding and flopped onto the bed, glad that the other had been half asleep so that things hadn’t gotten awkward.

But unfortunately, he himself didn’t go back to sleep. He heard Joshua shuffle out of bed an hour later, deciding to wait till he’d entered the restroom before moving.
Then he heard a thud and an “oomph”, and his eyes flew open, sitting up.
Joshua was on the ground, looking unhurt, but certainly annoyed. He felt Jun watching him and glanced at him.
“I thought I told you to pick up this mess…” Joshua reprimanded, getting up. Even an annoyed Joshua wasn’t really all too bad, there was a lack of real irritation in his tone or expression. Jun shrugged, smiling weakly at Joshua.
“Sorry…I forgot.”
Damn Jun, nice. He’ll totally fall for you with your great communication skills and level of responsibility.
Joshua sighed and brushed himself off before turning away without another word.
Jun felt a bit guilty, so he got up and started tossing clothes into drawers, stopping when he realized he still hadn’t chosen an outfit for today. He sat there in consternation, when he heard Joshua leave the restroom.
“Hyung…”
“Hm?”
“Which do you think looks better on me?”
Jun held up two shirts. Joshua snorted.
“Does it matter?”
“Of course it does!”
“Just wear something and go.” And without a second glance he left Jun just sitting there.
Jun was appalled by Joshua’s behavior, if not slightly hurt. Well, sorry for trying to dress nice, he grumbled. He suddenly felt like this didn’t matter too much and threw on a shirt, still a bit upset over that exchange. 
Yeah, sensitive. Whatever.

When he met Joshua’s eyes later, Jun immediately turned away, unsure of how to face him. What he didn’t see was the way Joshua’s face fell at that simple gesture. Joshua looked down sadly as the members went to the dance room so they could start filming their newest dance practice video.
Afterwards, an exhausted SEVENTEEN lay around in the common room. When Joshua had started towards a chair next to Jun, he saw Jun tense up and redirected to a chair opposite him, next to Jeonghan. 
“What’s up, Shua?” Jeonghan asked, looking at him. “You look bothered by something.”
Joshua smiled. “You know me too well.”
“I’ve known you for a couple years, yeah.”
“I’m just...tired,” Joshua lied, though he felt bad for it. He usually was unnecessarily truthful, but he couldn’t just blurt out that his crush was avoiding him for some unknown reason and it was crushing his heart into a million pieces. He pulled out his phone and started tapping away.

Joshua: Jun are you mad at me? 
Jun felt his phone vibrate and looked at it, his eyes in disbelief as he saw that it was Joshua, who was just a few feet away, texting him.
Jun: dude u could just, idk, talk to me
Joshua: theres too many people
Jun: then lets go somewhere else
Joshua: no
Jun: ???
Joshua: im not being alone with u if ur mad at me >< i dont wanna die yet ㅠㅠㅠ
Jun laughed aloud a bit before collecting himself. 
He’s so damn cute.
Jun: i wont do anything to u
He paused as he watched Joshua, conflicted, trying to decide whether to believe him or not. 
Joshua: ok fine, if im murdered then the others have this conversation as evidence
Jun: deal

“Ok, so are you mad at me?” Joshua asked as they entered into their favorite place, their own dorm.
Jun sighed dramatically and looked out a window, trying his best to draw this out.
“Jun?”
Jun looked back at Joshua, who looked both anxious and disheartened, and felt his facade start to slip.
“Yeah, I’m mad,” he finally said. He could actually feel the sadness radiating off Joshua, and he bit his tongue before he could deny everything instantly.
“I-is it about this morning? Sorry-I was just upset that you left your clothes lying everywhere-”
“That’s not it.”
Joshua stopped, confused.
“It’s not? Then what?”
“You don’t even remember? I’m hurt, hyung,” he replied airily, refusing to look in Joshua’s direction because he was sure his resistance would fall at Joshua’s face. 
“Wh-what else did I do?”
“Something that clearly didn’t matter to you since you don’t remember,” he answered dryly. Stay strong, Jun.
“I…” Joshua was at a loss for words. He racked his brain hopelessly.
“What do you think of my outfit?” Jun said quietly.
Then it hit him.
“Oh my god was that it? Oh, I’m so sorry Jun! I was just a bit pissed earlier and I didn’t realize you were genuinely hurt by my actions, I’m really really-”
He was shut up when Jun clamped his hand over Joshua’s mouth.
“Silly,” he said, his hard shell breaking and a smile lighting up his features. “I was joking. Just wanted to tease you a little. Yeah it made me a bit upset, but really, I’m not mad at you.” How could I ever be?
Joshua let out a breath he didn’t know he was holding. Then, to his horror, he felt his eyes welling up.
J-Joshua-hyung?!”
“Oh, s-sorry-it’s dumb-” he started furiously wiping at his eyes, praying he’d stop tearing up and looking so pathetic. He felt Jun watching him, and he embarrassedly blinked a couple times, trying to clear his vision. 
“Hyung-”
“No, I was just relieved, really-” Joshua interrupted. “Sorry, I was just-a bit surprised I guess.”
Jun was still looking at him with an unfathomable expression.
“Ah, geez hyung. Here I am trying my best to control myself and then you do something like this.” He stepped forward, not breaking eye contact. Joshua suddenly felt a foreboding that made his heart start pounding unknowingly. 
“What do you mean?” he replied in a small voice.
Jun looked at him with a rueful expression.

Jun, do not ing do it.
“I’m so going to regret this later, but…”
Wen Junhui, ing stop you idiot!
“…Joshua-hyung…”
STOP!
“…I like you. Like a lot. Like wow do I like you. You’re everything I’ve wanted all this time. And I hate myself for it, but I’m serious, I’ve had a crush on you since you joined us. And I know it’s ing stupid but I can’t stop. I just can't,” he blurted out in a rush, his face heating up.

Joshua stood there, dumbfounded. He shook his head.
“You can stop the jokes now, Jun,” he said in a whisper.
Jun rolled his eyes despite himself.
“Gee, thanks hyung. I give you an earnest confession and this is what you say? Just reject me already.”
Joshua’s heart was beating so loudly he could barely hear Jun. He could barely even breathe.
“This isn’t funny, Jun…”
“I’m being serious.”
“N-no you’re not…”
Joshua’s lips trembled as he backed away.
“Please stop,” he pleaded, his chest rising up and down rapidly.
Jun couldn’t believe this. This was way worse than what he’d imagined would’ve happened. He’d expected Joshua to outright reject him or laugh it off, but not this.
He watched in shock as Joshua ran away, his light footsteps echoing in the now empty room.
Told you you’d regret this. You ed up big time, Jun.

------------------

sorryyyyyyyyy~~~~please dont hate me lol i had to thread in some angst somewhere;;;;;just look forward to the next update huhuhu