Touch

Look At Me (Junshua)

I want to Die, Jun thought miserably. Jun was suffering from a case of what the hell did I just do and say again, which was starting to become increasingly dangerous. He lay on a couch, zoned out, trying to figure out if he had some type of bipolar disorder, because one second he was cool and laid back and the next second he was this...mess. 
He was also keenly aware of the fact that he'd have to return and see Joshua again, because as luck would have it, they were roommates. Maybe the world had some sort of grudge against him for whatever reason.
A big part of being an idol is variety. Variety shows are common things, and they're ways for fans to get to know their band members a bit more. Today, there was a cooking segment. Now, Jun was no culinary genius, but his skills were like a master chef's compared to some of the other members. 
Today, the group was split into two teams. The team that cooked up the better meal would win a prize, which was kept secret for now. It was easily split between hyung line and maknae line, with Woozi joining the maknae line (much to Woozi's indignation). Unfortunately, that also meant that their team was up against Mingyu, a.k.a Ming-housewife. He could literally make a buffet out of leftovers. The hyung line felt slightly intimidated, but nonetheless got to work. S.Coups, being the leader and all, starting throwing out instructions.
"Joshua, crack the eggs. Jeonghan, get me whatever spices you can find. Jun, help Jeonghan." He continued to issue orders, which the rest just had to follow since they had no clue what they were supposed to be doing anyway. Jun and Jeonghan sauntered away, picking up bowls of spices and trying to guess which was which. They returned quickly, remembering that this was timed. Then Jun spotted Joshua, who was attempting to crack the eggs but hitting them much too softly against the bowl. Typical. Jun smiled and came up behind Joshua.
"Silly, if you do it like that they'll never break." He wrapped his arms around Joshua and reached for an egg, cracking it perfectly in half with one hand, bewildering the other members, even on the other team. He repeated the process, grinning. Then he realized that he was almost back hugging Joshua and moved back, trying to act natural. He came up beside Joshua and patted his shoulder. "Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it eventually," he reassured, hoping Joshua wasn't feeling too disappointed in himself. Then he looked up and saw that Joshua's face was pinker than a rose. Jun raised his eyebrows, but before he could say anything, they were interrupted by other members who were hurriedly trying to decide what else to put in their food. After a brief period of frustration and second guessing themselves, they finished the dish(?). Jun wasn't really sure if it was edible, actually, but guess they'd find out soon enough.
Of course, Mingyu's team won. It was no contest, to be honest. Their prize was that they got to go out and eat lobster. Jun couldn't help but envy them, since that was his absolute favorite thing to eat. Still, there were other things on his mind, like why Joshua's face had resembled the color of his hair, which was a very cute peachy color that fit him quite nicely. He wondered all the way back to their dorm, where-surprise! Joshua was already settled on the bed, looking at something on his phone.
"Joshua-hyung," he said as he entered. Joshua looked up. "Yeah?"
"Do you have a fever? Your face looked a little red earlier."
Now Jun knew that there was very little chance that Joshua did have a fever, but he couldn't just say what he actually thought it was, after all.
At those words, Jun saw an unmistakable pink tinge on Joshua's cheeks.
"Huh? Oh-um, it was a bit hot earlier, that's why,"
"I see." So Joshua wasn't going to tell the truth again, hm? He sat down next to him on the bed, noticing Joshua biting his lip slightly as he did so. Jun narrowed his eyes.
"Somehow, I don't believe you," he said quietly, leaning towards Joshua. Joshua flushed and jumped back, his hand on his ear.
"That-don't do that," he mumbled. Seeing Jun's smirk, he shook his head. 
"Fine, I was red earlier because you just came up behind me and talked right into my ear. That always-bugs me. So yeah. Happy?" He rolled his eyes, knowing that was what Jun had wanted to hear.
Or was it?
Jun sighed dramatically, getting up.  "Whatever you say," he said sarcastically, grinning. Joshua looked at his retreating back in disbelief. Did Jun still not believe him? That was honestly the truth! Joshua definitely didn't have a fever, and he knew it. He'd just been startled by Jun earlier. His ears were his weak spot, like his feet. He suddenly felt pissed and followed Jun, grabbing Jun's arm as he caught up to him.
"Wha-?" Jun nearly shouted in alarm. Not because he'd been grabbed, but because it'd been Joshua who'd grabbed him. He whirled around, nearly stumbling over. Joshua then took hold of his hand and firmly placed it on Joshua's forehead.
"I don't have a fever, okay? There." Much better. He felt satisfied now that he'd proved Jun wrong. Jun was speechless, too. Take that, Joshua thought loftily.
Jun still had his hand on Joshua's forehead, trying to process what was happening. He was aware that they were both alone, that Joshua was very close to him, that Joshua was freaking smirking again, and that Joshua's eyes were locked on his.
Not. Good.
Instead of acting like a normal human and apologizing for the miscommunication or whatever, he abruptly pushed Joshua back, his lips tightly pressed together.
"Jun?"
Jun turned back around and nearly ran down the hall, closing his eyes and breathing in and out.
Joshua stood there where Jun had shoved him, confused and wondering what on earth had just happened.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys~! Phew, 2 updates in one day. To be honest, I was mostly just bored and wanted to get this chapter done. Oh, and um...sorry about what just happened? But don't worry too much ^^ I'll try to update again soon. Thanks for reading!!! <3