Closets and Closeness

Look At Me (Junshua)

Joshua woke up, and immediately a blush crawled onto his face.
God, now I'm so desperate I'm seeing him in my dreams.
'Him' being Jun, of course.
Joshua stuffed his face into a pillow, his face warming up despite the fact that his fever had reduced. 
Why did I dream about kissing him? Gahhhhhhhhhh!!!
Joshua lifted his head out of the pillow before he died of suffocation, slightly weary looking.

He couldn't remember last night all too well, or the entirety of yesterday for that matter. It all passed in a haze. He did faintly remember talking to Jun, and then--
His eyes darted to Jun, who was sleeping in his own bed. Phew. For some reason, he'd remembered that Jun had been sleeping with him. Must've been part of the dream. He kicked off the blankets, no longer feeling cold, and walked over to a window to let the morning chill wash over him.
He stood there, watching cars drive by, the sun peeking over the horizon. Anything to distract himself from that dream. He tried to recall if he'd acted weird or anything yesterday. His parents used to tell him he'd act almost childishly drunk when he had a fever. Cute, but horribly embarrassing.
That was actually the first time he'd ever gotten seriously sick since he'd joined. Probably due to stress. Or maybe--
Lovesickness?
Joshua knocked the thought out of his head as quickly as it'd come, but it was too late. What the hell? he thought, deciding to remove the censor bar over his mind. He can at least drop the gentleman act in his head, right? He groaned internally. Maybe I'm still sick, he decided.
Suddenly a pair of arms shot around him and pulled him backwards. He was too startled to scream. He got pulled into something solid and warm. It was a nice contrast to the coolness of outside-Joshua's face had started to go pale from the cold without realizing. 
"Gotcha," a husky voice murmured.
Joshua's face heated up, ruining the effects of earlier. 
"J-Jun? Jeez, you scared me," he replied, hoping Jun didn't get to see his expression.
"Are you feeling better?" Jun mumbled into his neck, still not releasing Joshua, who was currently having a mild heart attack.
"Uh--yeah. Much better." 
"Mmm..."
"C-can you let go now? I'm kinda dying here," Joshua complained. To be honest, he actually wanted to tell Jun 'GET AWAY FROM ME I'M REPULSIVE I FREAKING DREAMT ABOUT KISSING YOU AHHH' but he was the ever calm and collected hyung here, after all.
Jun smiled, still half asleep, and pulled away. Joshua turned around, thankful that his face had gone back to normal.
Jun rubbed his eyes, trying to erase the sleep from them. He wished he hadn't. Now he could clearly see Joshua, as well as clearly realize what he'd just done.
"Morning, sleepyhead," Joshua said sweetly.
.
"Haha...yeah, morning."
There was an awkward pause. Joshua couldn't stop reliving his dream, and passed quickly by Jun towards the restroom before his face turned back to its signature shade.
Jun recalled what he'd done last night and wanted to Die. How could he have just advanced onto this harmless guy like that? He didn't deserve to even get near Joshua anymore, much less backhug him. With a huff, he went to get dressed.

It turned out Joshua's fever had been short lived, and now he was back to participating in activities with the rest. Today, they were doing something a bit different.
"Hide and seek? What're we, five?" Hoshi asked, although his tone said otherwise. 
They were doing a V live, and basically the members had just about anywhere to hide. There was one seeker, and if he found someone, then that person had to help him find more people, and the process continued until one last person was left, who would get some sort of prize.
Jun grinned. If there was one thing he was good at, it was going unnoticed. Although it's kinda pathetic if you think about it, but hey, at least it's something. He glanced at Joshua, who also had a smiling creeping on his face. Guess hyung's good at this as well, he reasoned.

They all dashed away, Jun's eyes darting around for a good spot. He had to get far away as well. He noticed some members going into obvious places like behind curtains or under beds and he shook his head. Ha, fools. Some people even went to hide in their own rooms. The entire floor was theirs to use so Jun ran to a deserted hallway and opened the storage closet in the back where the staff kept their cleaning supplies. The door looked ancient and creaked loudly, to his annoyance. He wondered when was the last time they actually cleaned the closet. He tiptoed over brooms and mops, trying not to hit anything since there also happened to be no source of light. He brushed a spiderweb away, hoping the spider wasn't angry about his home getting destroyed. Then, he collided into something hard. Humanlike.
Jun shouted in surprise but quickly shut himself up. Were there dead bodies hidden here too? Is this where After School was being locked away? His eyes finally adjusted to the darkness.
The other person rubbed their shoulder. "Jun?" said a soft voice.
"Oh, jesus. It's just you, hyung. I thought I stumbled upon something I shouldn't have."
Joshua stifled a laugh, trying not to get heard. "We chose the same hiding place, huh?"
Jun rolled his eyes. "Well, great minds think alike?"
Joshua's eyes somehow managed to sparkle in the darkness. Now that's talent. They vaguely heard someone yell and then lots of running. They heard more shouts as people started to get found. Jun was aware of how close he and Joshua were, and hoped the latter couldn't hear his heartbeat. They were both stuffed in the back behind all the supplies, barely any room to move. Then they heard footsteps approaching the hallway.
Joshua's eyes widened. In one take he pulled Jun down with him so they were sitting on the ground. Now the little light from beneath the doorway was covered. Jun turned to Joshua, who had his index finger on his lip.
God, now we're even closer than before. He could feel Joshua's breath on his shoulder, and he tried not to move away. He wondered why the universe was testing him this way. They heard footsteps walking down the hall. More than one person.
"You think someone's in there?" they heard DK ask.
"What? No way, I'd be scared to death to go in there," Seungkwan replied.
"Me too, but maybe someone isn't," DK considered.
Then they heard the doorknob turn.
Jun instinctively pulled Joshua closer, trying to duck behind the heap of supplies and boxes. He was practically cradling the older boy, but he did not want to get found just yet.
"AHHH! I think I just ran into a spiderweb!" Seungkwan shrieked. 
"There's no way anyone could be in here," DK added. "It's filled to the brim with stuff."
They turned away, closing the door. Jun finally relaxed, and only then he noticed the small boy in his embrace, also no longer on edge.
He coughed in embarrassment and released Joshua, thankful that it'd gone dark again. Joshua sighed and got up and moved rather far from Jun. Well, as far as the two feet space allowed him to. Joshua then pulled his phone out of his pocket and opened up V app.
"I wanna see what they're up to," Joshua explained. The light from the phone illuminated his features. Jun noticed Joshua's face was red as a beet. Interesting.
He leaned in closer to Joshua to watch as well, and heard Joshua's breath hitch in his throat. Ohhhhkay...

Joshua's eyes were trained on the screen, but he wasn't paying attention. When Jun had pulled him down like that, he thought his heart had actually stopped. Is this what it's like to have a ? And worse, it reminded him of his dream where he'd...kissed...Jun. Joshua felt awful. Why was he dreaming such things about someone as innocent as Jun? I'm such a terrible excuse for a hyung, he thought in dismay. 
And now Jun was inches away from his face and he wanted to back away to the other end of the earth, not really possible when there's zero room in a small storage closet. Through his peripheral vision he could feel Jun glancing at his face every once in a while and it made him even more nervous. 
"There's no way they're going to find us now," Jun muttered into Joshua's ear. Joshua's hand flew to his ear.
"You know I don't like it when you do that," he complained.
Jun smirked. "You didn't mind it yesterday though."
Joshua blinked. Yesterday? When had Jun done it yesterday? Jun noticed Joshua's confusion and leaned even closer.
"You must've forgotten all the things you said yesterday, but I remember," he breathed.
"Wh-what did I say yesterday?" Joshua asked, aware that Jun had an arm against the wall, pinning Joshua between him and the wall. 
"Oh, you know. Interesting things. Some cute stuff. Things I didn't expect." Jun was having too much fun with this. "Like how you looooved me, you know."
Joshua froze. No way, he hadn't actually confessed to Jun, had he? Jun was smirking like a maniac, looking at Joshua like a predator at prey. Joshua gulped.
"D-did I?"
Jun was now the only thing in Joshua's sight. Not a bad view, to be honest. But a nerve wracking one all the same.
"Why? Are you not gonna deny it?"
Jun was sure Joshua would see though his lies and defend himself. After all, Joshua didn't actually like him.
"J-Jun-you're too close..." Joshua steered away from the question, his heart pounding like some sort of parade was going on in there.
"Too close? Earlier we were closer," Jun murmured, his voice agonizingly low and just fueling Joshua's relentless heart.
"Y-you should really back away now," Joshua replied, his eyes squeezed shut, recalling his dream. What if he suddenly kissed Jun like in the dream? He couldn't let that happen. So he kept his eyes closed and turned to face away from Jun.

That for some reason provoked Jun to do the stupidest, brainless, moronic mistake in his entire short-lived life.

He tilted Joshua's head and swooped down and planted a kiss on Joshua's lips, the latter's eyes flying open in shock. Wow, this feels even better than last time, Jun thought at the back of his mind as his lips lingered over Joshua's. There was a clatter as the phone slipped out of Joshua's hands and onto the ground. Jun finally pulled away, satisfied.
Or not.
Joshua's eyes were widened to the extent that he'd looked like he'd seen a ghost, his hand flying to his lips in disbelief. Jun was always a bit slow on the uptake, and of course it applied again as well. 
"," he said aloud although he knew Joshua disliked cursing. ", sorry-that was...an accident." Yeah right, what kinda guy kisses someone for that long by accident?
Joshua exhaled suddenly.
"Oh-yeah, no it's okay-um, that's why I told you to back away..." he responded weakly. Joshua's mind was malfunctioning so he picked up his phone and resumed watching like nothing had happened. Like his crush hadn't just kissed him like in his dreams. Was he actually still dreaming? He pinched himself. Nope. 

Jun was on the verge of breaking down into hysterics right then. 
WHAT THE DID I JUST DOOOOOOOOOOO
He gritted his teeth to stop himself from shrieking. 
HE'S GONNA THINK I'M ING INSANE! WAIT WAS THAT OUR FIRST REAL KISS TOO OH GOD
Jun glanced at Joshua, who looked relatively calm compared to Jun's inner state. 
"You still haven't found Joshua-hyung and Jun-hyung?" they heard Dino say through the phone and because he was in the hallway right outside. 
"We already looked in there," they heard Seungkwan say.
The door was opened once more. Unlike his hyungs, Dino was fearless and pushed aside the tools and boxes, leaving the two stranded and just waiting to be seen.
"OH! LOOK! There you two are!"
Jun and Joshua got up, and both secretly felt relieved to get found.

"What!? They were both hiding together?"
They made their way to the main hall, where everyone else was. They were the last two to be found. 
"The storage closet? Jeez, how come nobody looked in there?"
"Those hyungs did but chickened out and didn't check properly."
"I did not chicken out!"
Jun and Joshua's prize was...wait for it...lobster. They really needed to start thinking of more creative rewards. Not that either minded. Lobster was delicious.
However, neither could really enjoy it since their minds were elsewhere.

How am I going to face him? both roommates thought in dismay.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*screams* hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! oops looks like there's gonna be some awkwardness between them now but what can ya do ~ thanks for reading!