Chapter 8

Feud [Hansoon/Soonsol]

"What if his father used his shotgun on him?" Soonyoung panicked while he and a, still kind of pissed, Wonwoo were waiting for Seokmin's return. "Why would he do that? Hansol is his son. Don't be ridiculous...", the younger boy said. 

"Come on, are you really going to be mad at me forever?" Soonyoung asked his best friend. Wonwoo shrugged. "I'm really sorry, okay? I've felt bad about it for ages...can you please just be my friend now because I'm literally freaking out..."

Wonwoo looked at him. His features softened a bit at the sight of his desperate expression. He went over and sat next to him where Seokmin was earlier. "I'm sure he's alright...", he said while putting a comforting arm around his shoulder. 

"His dad won't...shoot him...wait, we let Seokmin go there if his dad has a gun?!" Wonwoo exclaimed as the dawn of realization hit him. He stormed over to the window, panicking when he didn't spot his boyfriend anywhere. 

"Good thing to see you care", Seokmin said as he entered the room. Wonwoo spun around and let out a relieved sigh. Seokmin chuckled and crossed the room to hug him. "You're acting like I almost died just now. Calm down, I'm fine", he said jokingly. 

"So, I was able to speak to his brother. Apparently, his dad is an absolute nut case who locked Hansol up in a guest room...", Seokmin said to Soonyoung, one of his arms still around Wonwoo's waist. 

"His brother told you that?" Soonyoung asked, utterly confused. "Not quite like that but yeah. Seems like he's siding with us. He said to tell you that Hansol's okay", the youngest explained. Soonyoung sighed, slightly relieved to hear such news. However, Hansol was locked up. This was all his fault. He should have been more careful. More importantly, though, he should have been able to protect him. 

~

Soonyoung was more than just a little surprised when his parents came home that night. His mom called him downstairs and into the kitchen. Nayoung shot him an uncomfortable look as he sat down by the table. 

Mr Kwon glared at him and Soonyoung hoped that his assumptions on what this was about were wrong. "Can you explain why exactly we got a phone call from Mrs Choi, telling us to tell our son to stay away from hers?!" his father almost shouted. Soonyoung cursed mentally. This wasn't going to end well and he knew it. 

"Please tell us that this is some sort of immature prank...", his mom said, pleadingly. Soonyoung lowered his head. "I could tell you that...but I guess there's no point in lying anymore. Mom, Dad: I'm gay and I'm dating Choi Hansol. Nothing you say or do can make me break up with him. And even if you hate me, I'll still be with him", he admitted in a quick pace. His parents both looked at him, shocked. 

"This can't be true...please tell me that this isn't true...", his mother mumbled, burying her face in her hands. "I hope you're aware that you two made this fight a lot worse than it already was by playing Romeo and Juliet?!" Mr Kwon spat. 

"Listen, his parents locked him away. Dad, please, I'm begging you. Can't we let the past be in the past? I love Hansol...and he loves me", Soonyoung tried. His father slammed his balled fist on the wooden table. 

"DON'T ACT LIKE YOU KNOW WHAT LOVE IS! DON'T YOU REALIZE WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?! This family killed your aunt, my sister! I can't let that go because my teenage son is 'in love'!" he replied furiously.

"Dad, neither Soonyoung nor Hansol are to blame for what happened all those years ago. It doesn't matter to them who's a Kwon and who's a Choi! They love each other but because of your and their immaturity they had to hide their real feelings. My brother must have felt so damn alone, having nobody to talk to about this and all you care about is this damn feud!" Nayoung exploded. 

Mrs Kwon was crying by now. "I can't allow you to date one of those Chois. I fully accept you being gay but you will NOT associate with anyone of that rotten kind as long as I live!" Mr Kwon said, trying to stay calm, even though his face was red with anger. 

Soonyoung looked at him in disbelief. "You can't be serious!" he exclaimed. Mr Kwon glared at him. "Believe me, young man, I am. Go to your room!" he ordered. "I'm not a kid anymore, dad", Soonyoung shot back. 

"That's right, you're not. But until you have enough money to live on your own you're following MY rules and now go to your room before I lose my cool. And hand me your phone. From now on you go to school and then come straight home. I'll talk to your teachers. If you talk to Hansol at school I will find out", Mr Kwon explained. Soonyoung huffed. No way in hell would he let his father treat him like that. 

"I'd rather freeze to death outside with no home than stay here...", he said before he got up and left the house without even puttin on a jacket.