Chapter 4

Feud [Hansoon/Soonsol]

"Are you guys hungry? Mom told me to bring you these", Nayoung said and entered her brother's room with a plate of cookies. "Thanks, noona. We really need food right now!" Seokmin exclaimed and picked one up from the plate. Nayoung chuckled. "I'll leave you three alone then", she said and did just that. 

Soonyoung had Seokmin and Wonwoo over. They originally wanted to do some studying but it rather ended up in playing video games. Wonwoo watched Seokmin and Soonyoung play various games while yelling at each other in excitement. 

Eventually, Soonyoung gave up and placed his controller down. "So, you seem to be in a better mood than this morning", Wonwoo stated. Seokmin raised his eyebrow. "That's true", he agreed. Soonyoung smiled and looked out of the window, hoping to spot Hansol, but no luck. 

"I am..", Soonyoung said. "Will you tell us what dragged you down?" Wonwoo questioned. "It was nothing, really", the oldest of the three replied. "Liar...", Seokmin mumbled. Soonyoung only shrugged. 

"Are your parents still at war with your neighbors?" Wonwoo asked when he caught Soonyoung staring through his window. "Yeah...and I mean I totally think they're right", Soonyoung said, trying to sound convincing. Wonwoo raised his eyebrow but said nothing. Seokmin on the other hand spoke up. "I think that Hansol's pretty nice. He's in my grade so I know him a little bit", he said. "Well, even if I wanted to I wouldn't be allowed to get to know him..", Soonyoung replied. 

He felt weird, lying to his friends about not knowing Hansol. He had learned so many small and endearing facts about the younger like how he wasn't able to sleep without his favorite blanket until he was nine. Or how he kept a cat in his room secretly because his mom wouldn't allow him to adopt a pet. Hansol had told him that he had cried for a week when he came home from school to have his dad tell him that they had brought it to an animal shelter. His favorite thing about Hansol was the way his eyes looked when he talked about something in excitement. They would legit glow and sparkle and he'd get so lost in whatever he was talking about. 

"Soonyoung? Are you listening?" Seokmin asked, ripping Soonyoung from his thoughts about his boyfriend. "Yeah...sorry, I was spacing out", he answered. Wonwoo raised his eyebrow (again). "Are you keeping something from us?" Seokmin asked. "What? No...", Soonyoung said. "Now stop interrogating me...", he added and grabbed a cookie before picking up the controller again.

~

Wonwoo and Seokmin left a few hours later. Luckily, they didn't ask any more questions that forced Soonyoung to lie to them.

Soonyoung phone rang and he picked it up from his bedside table. He smiled when he saw that he got a text from Hansol. 'My parents and my brother won't be home over the weekend. Wanna come over?' Soonyoung grinned and typed a quick 'sure'. It had been a while since he had been alone with Hansol for more than an hour. 

"Soonyoung, come downstairs, please. Dinner's ready", he heard his mom call up. He sighed and got up, mentally preparing himself for another hour full of tirades against the Choi family. Ever since he and Hansol started dating he'd had a hard time holding back when his father raged against Hansol. In his dad's eyes, he was rude, irresponsible and a complete waste of space. 

Soonyoung entered the living room and sat down next to Nayoung. "Dig in", his mom said. Soonyoung's dad loosened his tie and started eating. He looked like he was in a real bad mood. Of course, his mom had to ask about it. 

"You're awfully quiet today, honey. Did something happen at work?" Mr Kwon huffed. "Here we go again...", Soonyoung mumbled under his breath, earning himself a side look from Nayoung. "It's just them again. Just now I ran into Mr Choi when he picked up his brat of a son from work. And he dared to ask me if my son's future was as bright as his. I told him that my boy is going to be a successful business man one day and he laughed and told me that I should just keep telling myself that...", he explained. "He's acting like his useless sons are going to have any kind of future ahead of them. Especially the younger one. There's nothing to brag about with him!"

Soonyoung tightened his grip around his fork and kept staring down at his plate, forcing himself to keep eating. It wouldn't end well if he were to stand up for Hansol. 

~

Meanwhile the Choi family had a similar situation going on at their dinner table. Hansol looked at his plate, eating silently while his parents talked about those 'despicable' Kwon's. 

"I heard that their son is going to graduate soon...", Mrs Choi said. "And then what? He'll probably end up like his dad. An incompetent nobody that only follows orders but has no brain cells at all...", Mr Choi replied, his voice laced with venom. 

Hansol got up, standing still for a few seconds. His parents and his brother Joshua looked at him questioningly. "I'm going to my room", Hansol said and stormed out of the room before anyone could say anything. 

He was glad that his family was at a wine tasting event over the weekend. That would give him at least a small break from that feud. And he could let Soonyoung sleep over. It's been a while sicne they were able to get intimate. He was definitely looking forward to tomorrow.