Chapter 10

Feud [Hansoon/Soonsol]

"I can't believe you seriously broke down the door!" Joshua said on the way downstairs. It was a miracle that their parents hadn't heard them.  

"I'll pay for it but I'm worried about Soonyoung and I'll break down every single door in my way if I have to", Nayoung answered. 

"Should we head out through the window?" Hansol asked. Nayoung shook her head. "We'd probably fall. When I climbed up it was so icy and slippery that I almost didn't make it", she explained. "Then we have to take the front door but we have to be quiet...", Joshua said as they headed downstairs in the direction if the front door.

The living room door was in sight so they really had to be very careful. "Joshua?" Mr Choi's voice spoke up and they all stopped dead in their tracks.Mr Choi opened the living room door with a pair of keys in his hand. "Could you let your brother-" he spotted all three of them, looking busted. 

"Dad, before you freak out-", Joshua started but was interrupted by his furious father. "You're plotting something with her?!" he yelled at his older son. 

"Listen, sir. My brother ran away so I asked your sons for help!" Nayoung tried to explain. "Your brother can rot wherever he is for all I care! My sons will not go with you! And now get out of my house before I-"

Mr Choi got cut off by a fist colliding with his face. Joshua and Nayoung looked from Mr Choi who had fallen over to Hansol who was holding his now slightly aching hand. 

"This is for earlier. And if you ever talk about my boyfriend like that again I'll do worse than that. I didn't lose the right to call you my father. You lost the right to call me your son", Hansol said before he turned to leave his speechless father and brother behind. Nayoung followed, though.

"Come on, I have a car", she said. Hansol nodded and followed her. "Do you have any idea where he could be?" she asked as she pulled out her car keys. "I can think of a place but I'm sure he's there...", Hansol said. It was already dark so Hansol hoped that Soonyoung was there. 

"Uh..there's this hidden place in the park. It's like some kind of clearing in the woods but not quite. There's also a small lake and sometimes we'd go there to flee from reality. I can imagine him being there despite the cold...", he explained.

Nayoung started heading for the park. "Thanks for getting me out", Hansol said after a little while of driving in silence.

"It's okay. I care about my brother and you seem to be very important to him. I only want this ridiculous feud to end and maybe, one day, our parents will calm down after they realize that you two love each other", the older girl explained. "Thanks, Nayoung, really", he thanked her sincerely.