Chapter 6

Feud [Hansoon/Soonsol]

They decided to head downstairs to get some hot chocolate. It was a weird feeling for Soonyoung to just walk around Hansol's house like that, without the fear of getting caught any second. The two of them entered the kitchen where Hansol got two mugs from a shelf. Next, he went to get some milk from the fridge and filled the mugs with it. 

Soonyoung stepped up behind him and wrapped his arms around his boyfriend's waist, placing his chin on his shoulder. "I can't really move like that, you know", Hansol informed the older. Soonyoung hummed but didn't budge. The younger turned around in his grip and looked at him. Soonyoung closed the distance between them, pressing his lips onto Hansol's.

"What about the hot chocolate?" Hansol questioned when they pulled away for a few seconds. "What about it?" Soonyoumg asked back before reconnecting their lips. Hansol's arms found their way around his boyfriend's neck and he let them rest there. Soonyoung lifted Hansol up to place him on the counter, luckily without knocking over the mugs. 

Hansol's hands tangled in Soonyoung's hair as their kiss deepened. They could go on like this for hours. Soonyoung's hands came to rest on the younger's hips when suddenly a gasp caused them to pull apart and stare in the direction of thr kitchen's backdoor.

Mrs Choi stood there, eyes wide and a hand clasped over in shock. They were busted. "Mom, I can explain, I swear-" "Get out of my house!" she hissed at Soonyoung. "Mom-" "Out!" she repeated in a louder voice, cutting her son off again. 

Soonyoung looked at Hansol with an apologetic look on his face before he left through the regular kitchen door. "You, living room! I'm getting your father", Mrs Choi said, not looking at her son at all. Hansol slid off the kitchen counter and trotted to the living room and sat down on the couch, scared of what was going to happen next. 

A few minutes later his family entered the room. Mrs Choi still wasn't looking at him. "What is this about? I thought you were just going to grab your purse...", Mr Choi asked, giving his son a questioning look to which he responded with a guilty one. 

"Your son is dating one of those Kwon rats!" Mrs Choi spoke up, the venom in her voice made Hansol shiver. A few seconds passed before his father reacted. "WHAT?!" he shouted. "After all those times we told you to stay away from them you just go and date their daughter?" Hansol looked down at his lap. "It's not their daughter...", his mom spoke up.

Hansol squeezed his eyes shut, hoping for this nightmare to end already. A sting erupted in his cheek after his father's hand made contact with his skin. "Dad!" Joshua exclaimed. 

"You sicken me!" Hansol held his cheek and looked up at his father. "Is your problem that I'm dating a Kwon or that I'm dating a guy?" he asked. "That is not the question right now!" Mrs Choi interfered. 

Joshua sat down next to Hansol, removing his hand from his cheek and inspecting it. There was a bright red hand print clearly visible on his milky white skin. Joshua looked at his father. "Don't ever hit him again!" he warned. Mr Choi looked at him, unimpressed, before he looked at Hansol again.

"Here's the thing: from today on you will stay in your room, you'll get homeschooled and you willl never see that rotten bastard again!" he hissed. Hansol felt anger bubble up in his stomach. His dad really was a thick-skulled when it came to the Kwons. 

"Are you really going that far because of some stupid feud that has been going on for 20 years? All those years you raised me with so much hatred in your heart, yet you still didn't manage to keep me and Soonyoung apart. So do it. Lock me up, get me homeschooled. All those things don't matter to me. But by keeping me away from Soonyoung you're punishing me for something I'm taking no fault in! I know that you miss your father. It must have hurt having him taken away so suddenly. But at the end of the day we don't know which side really caused that accident. All I know is that all of this happened before Soonyoung and I were even born. If you want to keep on living like that, blinded by hate, you go do it. But let me tell you that this whole thing will not bring this family closer but tear it apart..."

Hansol was surprised they'd let him talk that much without interrupting him. Unfortunately, though, his father still seemed unimpressed. 

"If you're done, follow me", he said and led his son up the stairs but not to his room. Instead, he brought him up to a guest room on the third floor. 

"Since I'm very well aware of the tree in front of your window you'll stay here for a while...", he said. Just like his mom he wasn't looking at Hansol at all. "Fine. I still think that as a father-" "You lost the right to call me your father when you started dating that rat!" Mr Choi interrupted him and left the room before locking it.