Chapter 14

Feud [Hansoon/Soonsol]

8pm came soon. After spending a fun day with Seokmin and Wonwoo, playing video games and listening to music they decided to get ready for the restaurant. "Are you nervous?" Soonyoung asked Hansol on the backseat of Wonwoo's car who had offered to drive them to the restaurant. 

"To be honest, I am...my parents were pissed enough to lock me up", the younger stated. "Yeah...I wonder how today's gonna turn out...", Soonyoung said as he intertwined their hands.

~

A few minutes later Wonwoo dropped them off and they entered the restaurant. A waitress led them to a table in the far back of the restaurant. Hansol clutched on to Soonyoung's arm as they were approaching their parents and siblings.

Mr Choi looked like he tried not to glare daggers at his son. "Sit", Mrs Kwon said. The two of them sat on the last two empty seat between Nayoung and Joshua. "I'm glad you could make it", Mrs Choi said. "We just wanted to know why you called us here. If this is another try to break us up-", Hansol started but his mom cut him off.

"It's not...after you left, Joshua told us that were out, looking for Soonyoung. And even though your father was a bit stubborn...we decided to meet with the Kwons", she explained to them. "Now that both our sons were practically missing we knew that we had to do something" Mrs Kwon continued.

Soonyoung didn't say anything. "This...relationship of yours is an unfortunate coincidence..." Mr Kwon stated. Meanwhile, Mr Choi kept his mouth pressed shut. Hansol was that there were two people sitting between them otherwise he would have feared for his life.

"Unfortunate coincidence...", Soonyoung repeated his father's words. "That basically means that you still don't approve." "OF COURSE NOT! A CHOI WITH A KWON THAT'S-" Mr Choi suddenly burst out. He cut himself off and looked at everyone at the table.

"This little get-together is ridiculous! Our two families will never get along! You are bringing shame over your family by doing all that homo-crap", he hissed at Hansol. "Enough already!" Joshua spoke up sternly. Nobody had seen this coming as the older son of the Chois usually had a very calm and collected nature and would mostly stay out of discussions but right now he glared at his father, his hands balled into fists.

"Are you guys really not even willing to try? This is about your kids' happiness! If you want to keep this feud going by any means you'll lose not only them but also me! I'm not doing this crap anymore!" "Same goes for me. I'm sick of this", Nayoung said.

Soonyoung linked his hand with Hansol's. "You guys have to make a decision now. We're not asking for our families to hold weekly dinners together. I just want to be with the guy I love", he explained. His parents exchanged a look. "We're going to need a little time..." Mrs Kwon said.

"We get where you're coming from but this is new for us. We'll try our best because we don't want to lose you. Right, honey?" she now addressed her husband. "...right", he agreed a little grumpily.

"Ridiculous", Mr Choi said and got up. "Let's go home, Minyeon", he said to his wife. To his surprise, she only shook her head. "I agree with the Kwons." "Not you, too. Their family killed your father-in-law and you want to let our son date this horrible excuse of a boy?!" he exclaimed.

"It was an accident! And they lost someone as well. Your father was a good man but I will not sacrifice my relationship with my son for something like this!" Mrs Choi clarified. Her husband stared back at her in disbelief. "Whatever", he said after a few seconds and left while mumbling something along the lines of 'so-called family'.

Mrs Choi turned to her son. "I know that I haven't really earned the 'Mom-of-the-year award but I hope you can forgive me for letting your father treat you like this." Hansol looked down at his lap. "I think I'm going to need some time to think...", he said. "If it's okay I would rather not come back home for the time being", he said.

"Then where are you going to stay?" Mrs Choi questioned. "I have a friend who'd let me stay for a bit. Don't worry, mom. I'll be back. I just need to figure things out first...", he said.