Chapter 7

Feud [Hansoon/Soonsol]

Soonyoung basically stuck to the window, waiting for Hansol to return to his room. He tried to call him but all his calls were declined. To say he was worried was an understatement. His parents were probably punishing him in some form and he was here, sitting around, unable to do anything. 

Suddenly, the doorbell rang so he went downstairs to open. He knew it couldn't be a Choi because he had a good view on their  front door from his window, so he didn't have to fear for his life just yet. 

"Hey, you up for hanging out?" Wonwoo questioned with Seokmin in tow. Soonyoung looked past them in the direction of the Choi's front door. It opened and Mr Choi stepped out. He spotted Soonyoung and started making his way across the street.

"...get in, quick!" Soonyoung said, pulling his two friends inside before closing the door. "Uh...what was that?" Seokmin questioned. Soonyoung put a finger on his lips and locked the door before leading his friends upstairs. He entered his room and looked out of the window. He saw Mr Choi stomp back to his house. 

He let out a sigh of relief. "Soonyoung, what the hell is going on?" Wonwoo asked. Soonyoung ruffled his hair in frustration and took a seat on his bed. "My neighbor wants to kill me", he said. "What? Why?"

Soonyoung took a deep breath and looked at his friends. "Because I'm dating his son...", he told them. Wonwoo's eyes slightly widened while Seokmin stared back at him in utter shock. "Wait...which one?" he asked. "Hansol", Soonyoung replied and shot an involuntary look at the younger's bedroom window. "You're with Hansol?!" "Since when?" Wonwoo questioned.

"Since sometime around the end of May, I guess", Soonyoung admitted. "MAY?!" both of them exclaimed at the same time. "And you didn't say one thing? For six months?!" Wonwoo said disbelievingly. Soonyoung lowered his head. "I'm sorry, you two...I meant to tell you but I couldn't risk anything", he explained.

"Do you think we would have told anyone?" Seokmin asked. "Of course not, but-" "But you still didn't trust us with something that important", Wonwoo interrupted him. Soonyoung sighed. "I'm sorry, okay? But Hansol and I got caught earlier and now I can't reach him and I'm worried about what will happen to him", he explained. 

"His father is ready to kill you and you still worry about the guy who got you in trouble?" "Wonwoo, don't be an ", Seokmin warned and sat down next to Soonyoung, patting his shoulder. "So, you're not mad that our so-called best friend lied to us for months?" the second oldest asked.

"No, I'm not because it's his relationship and his decision if he wants to tell anyone or not!" Seokmin replied with an uncharacteristic glare towards his boyfriend. "Guys, please don't fight because of me. I know that you're mad, Wonwoo but I can't undo it and now you know. Besides, I am the one who got him in trouble...", Soonyoung spoke up.

"Maybe I can help...Hansol's in my class, right? If I go over there and tell his family that we have to work on a project together I might find out something about where he is...", the youngest offered. Wonwoo huffed and crossed his arms over his chest. 

"Don't you think his dad already saw you earlier?" Wonwoo threw in. Seokmin shrugged. "Can't hurt to try, right?"

~

Seokmin crossed the street, approaching Hansol's house. He took a breath before ringing the doorbell. It didn't take long until a boy opened the door. "Yes?" he asked. 

"Hi! My name is Seokmin. I'm Hansol's friend from school...we're working on a project together", Seokmin introduced himself. "I'm Joshua. I'm afraid my brother can't talk right now...", the boy said, peeking over his shoulder. 

"I know you...you're also friends with Soonyoung right?" he then said with a hushed voice. Seokmin nodded, confused that Joshua knew him. "I'm here because of Soonyoung...he's worried because of what happened earlier...", he explained. 

"My dad went crazy earlier. He locked Hansol away and took his phone", Joshua said. "He locked him up? Where?" "In a guest room on the top floor. I don't know if my father is ever going to calm down. Can you tell Soonyoung that I'm trying my best to help?" Joshua asked. Seokmin nodded. 

"Can I ask you something? I thought...that you were also on your family's side. Why are you helping Soonyoung?" "I was always neutral. I only kept quiet about it. Just look where this feud has gotten us. Seeing how my dad freaked out earlier made me realize that I had to do something...", Joshua explained. 

"Tell Soonyoung that he doesn't have to worry about Hansol. I'll look out for him. It's gonna be okay", he said. "Thanks, Joshua", Seokmin replied before he made his way back.