Chapter One

Strawberry, Peppermint and Fairy Tale Endings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Sook joo POV

 

“Ireoda michyeo naega yeoriyeori chakhadeon” (brown-eyed girls Abaracadabra)

 

I woke up hearing loud music and hurried stumps of feet as I reached out for my cellphone to check the time. I never bothered to put a clock inside my room. Time itself scares me. I rubbed my eyes as the bright sunlight hit them with so much intensity I feel like I’m going blind.

 

“Sook joo yah! Wakie-wakie!” I heard a shrilling high pitched voice shouting from outside, and as the door opened the music grew louder in my ears.

 

I am not surprise to see half of her body hanging in front of my doorstep. She is my Hyojin unnie. Nothing surprises me if it’s her. She is my private butler as rich people call them but I never treat her as one. She is my unnie and that’s it. We get along pretty well and both of us are comfortable in this kind of set up.

 

“Unnie, why are you so loud early morning?” I hoped my voice didn’t sound raspy as I squeaked the words out.

 

“My dear Sook joo. This is our first day in Seoul and you are sleeping like a baby. Get up and we will go shopping!” she exclaimed as she fully stood in front of me. I gazed at her dress, if you could call it that. She is wearing a brownish shade of furry coat with double plated buttons and tight fitting leather pants underneath. There should be a law about people wearing coats made from animal fur.

 

I yawned and covered my face with my blanket. I couldn’t be bothered getting up early.

 

“Yah! Sook joo!” she yelled pulling the blankets off me. “Remember that we only have 3 months in Seoul so hurry up and get dressed.”

 

I flinched at the voice and stood up, my eyes still closed to prevent the light to blind me.  I remember well that my father allowed me to have this 3 months freedom in Korea. Being the youngest and the only daughter of the family entitles me to be highly guarded. I was homeschooled, I never get to leave without a bodyguard, and I was strictly surrounded by my oppa’s. I have five older brothers and another couple of male cousins that watches like a hawk. I am happy to have all the attention since I am the only girl but sometimes it also means that I never really got a close girl friend. Except for her. Sooyeon, my childhood bestfriend.

 

I dressed up and combed my long curly hair thinking about the adventure I am supposed to experience alone, for the first time, here in Korea. I can smell the excitement emanating from my bones.

 

I walked slowly at the spiral staircase leading my way out towards the common room of the large house. I can still hear unnie’s loud song in the background as she sways her body to the beat of the music. If I haven’t known her all my life, I could easily mistake her as a hallyu star. She has the right attitude and fashion sense for it.

 

I trudge silently by the hallways when I heard my dadtalking to someone in the phone. I don’t mean to eavesdrop but my curiosity grew as I heard him mention my name.  I positioned myself two steps away the slightly open door of the study room.

 

“Yes, I mean that. Sook joo will definitely marry your son. We have agreed about this even before she was born.”

 

Heavy silence surrounded the room as my father nods as if the other person can see him agreeing in whatever the he is saying. The only sound I could hear is the heavy beating of the heart, drumming frantically at the information I had just heard.

 

“Yes, as soon as possible. I hope your son likes her. She’s obedient and she’s very pretty like her mother.” My dad laughed as he continued. “It wouldn’t be problem. What is there not to like about your son. Sook joo will be more than happy to be a part of your family.”

 

I don’t have the slightest idea whose family that is. And why is my dad so sure I wouldn’t go against it?

 

I took count of all the rich families I have come to know so far and I couldn’t think of anyone else but Jung soo oppa.

 

My dad is fond of Park Jung soo. He thinks he’s the ideal young man, the ideal son, a perfect candidate for being the next best CEO. I remember him picking me up yesterday at the airport. I slapped my forehead. Of course, dad wants to create a lasting b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter