Ch 8

Descendants of The Sun - Book 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank you for all your love.

Your comments, votes, and subscribes mean a lot to me.

Bold and italic fonts = conversation in German

8

 

“What do you mean Dr. Kang is pregnant? With Major Yoo’s child?” Nurse Choi asked in disbelief.

They were on the cafeteria after Mo Yeon left for Switzerland. She asked Dr. Pyo to tell the others about her pregnancy after she left. Dr. Pyo assumed Mo Yeon already told Major Yoo, so she told their friends the happy news.

“Of course, it’s Major Yoo’s child. You can say weird things sometimes,” Dr. Pyo said.

“Not sometimes, but every time,” this time it was Nurse Ha.

“Why can’t she tell us? I can share my experience,” Chi Hun said.

Dr. Pyo rolled her eyes. “The one who got pregnant was your wife, not you.” She sighed. “Mo Yeon wanted to tell Major Yoo first, that’s why. It’s really hard for her too, being pregnant when her husband is far away.”

Chi Hun nodded solemnly. “Maybe that was why she looked so tired while being in assignment with Dr. Kim. Did she tell you she has morning sickness?”

Mo Yeon’s friend shook her head. “No, she didn’t. Besides, every woman is different. I was suspected she was pregnant when she said she was easily got tired.”

“I want to congratulate Dr. Kang, but I think she’s busy. Should we wait until she gets home?” Chi Hun asked.

Dr. Pyo smiled. “Yes, I think so. Let’s hope Mo Yeon and her baby are fine. I’m sure the baby’s father will protect them.”

In Switzerland, Si Jin was stay awake while Mo Yeon was asleep next to him. He only lay on the bed and stared at the ceiling. He couldn’t find a way to fall asleep as the effect of the overwhelming feelings he felt at the moment.

He was going to be a father.

A father to a boy or a girl.

While most fathers wanted a boy, Si Jin secretly wanted his child to be a girl. He knew how Mo Yeon was anxious if their children someday would follow his path on being a soldier, and if their first child (even at the moment, he wanted to have more than one) was a boy, the chance was high for him to follow his footsteps. Well, he did, too, with his father. But then, if his child was a girl, she could be like Myeong Ju. At least if his little girl ever joined the army, she would not endure the dangerous missions like he did.

Si Jin watched Mo Yeon who stirred next to him and opened her eyes slowly. He smiled when their eyes met. The doctor furrowed her eyebrows.

“You still awake?” she asked.

Si Jin smiled. “I can’t sleep.”

“You need to sleep. You’re going to have a long day for the next several days.”

“A soldier can sleep a few hours and stay awake longer than when he’s sleeping.”

Mo Yeon smiled. “Are you telling me one of your job secrets?”

“I told you, I’ll always be honest with you.”

They stared at each other before Si Jin played with Mo Yeon’s hair. “I can’t believe I’m going to be a father.”

“Are you happy?”

“Of course, I am. Any man will feel that way.” He caressed his wife’s cheek. “Why are you taking so long to tell me?”

“Do you want me to tell you I’m carrying your child by phone or from Skype?” Mo Yeon sighed. “Well, I was about to do that if you were not in charge for this mission.”

Si Jin scooted closer to Mo Yeon, their faces almost touched. “A beautiful lady told me once I will always catch you. She was right. And besides, I took a vow to always protect you in front of the army officers on our wedding.” His eyes turned soft. “How far along are you?”

“The last time I checked, I was on my five weeks.”

“I’m not the first person to know you’re pregnant?”

“Literally, you’re the third person, but you’re the first who know from me directly.”

“Dr. Pyo?”

“She’s the first. I asked for her diagnose because I was having another headache.”

Si Jin’s face turned worry. “Do you still have the headache?”

Mo Yeon shook her head. “No, I don’t. Dr. Pyo said it was because of pregnancy hormones. Every woman is different. I also don’t have morning sickness, but I easily get tired.”

The Major looked at his wife solemnly. “I’m sorry for causing you to endure all of it by yourself. When are you going to have another check up? I want to go with you.”

“Eh?”

“I want to see my child too.”

The doctor smiled tenderly. “Do you think it’s a boy or a girl?”

Si Jin sighed and pulled his wife closer to him. “I don’t care if it’s a boy or a girl. As long as you and the baby are safe and healthy.”

“Any normal men will want a boy.”

“I deal with dangerous missions, so I’m not technically a normal man.”               

“So, you want a girl?”

“I didn’t say I want a girl.”

“You said you are not a normal man who wants a boy.”

“You were the one who said any normal men will want a boy.”

Mo Yeon sighed. “Even when we’re going to have a child, we’re not changed at all. How do you think our children will react when they see us bickering like this?”

Si Jin looked thoughtful. “Well, I’m hoping to bicker with them someday.”

The doctor only laughed while her husband stared at her eyes. “I always know you’re keeping secrets from me,” he said.

Mo Yeon blinked owlishly. “Well, you don’t need to worry because it’s not about another guy.”

Si Jin sighed and buried his head on Mo Yeon’s hair. “I think it’s about time for me to look for a real house.”

“Huh?”

“Our place will not fit for our child or children someday.”

Mo Yeon narrowed her eyes. “Is that the reason for you not to look for a bigger place before we get married?”

Si Jin nodded and hugged Mo Yeon to him. “I want to spend our time without children in your place, making new memories, and when we’re about to have children, it’s time for us to make new memories in our own home.”

“I never knew you can be so romantic.”

“Of course, I can. I’m more romantic than Sergeant Seo.”

Mo Yeon laughed, remembering their first double date. “Gosh...how can you be jealous of him?”

Si Jin scoffed. “You were hurting my pride when you said he was romantic in front of my face.”

The doctor smiled. “I’m sorry for making him to do a mission before his wedding day.”

Si Jin smiled back. “I told you, difficult task always for Sergeant Seo.” He stared at his wife. She looked so alluring, either because he missed her or the effect of her pregnancy, making him leaned down to kiss Mo Yeon before she stopped him, covering his lips with her hand.

“What are you doing?” she asked.

Si Jin uncovered his lips from Mo Yeon’s hand. “I want to kiss you.”

“Did you turn off your communicator?”

“Is that important for this moment?”

“Well...yes.”

Si Jin chuckled. “I already did, honey.”

“Oh...” Mo Yeon narrowed her eyes. “Don’t you even feel embarrassed they heard us?”

“It was not about confessing my feelings, so no,” he said cheekily. “Now...” Si Jin’s face was dangerously close to Mo Yeon. “I don’t know much about pregnancy, but I know we can still do something.”

Mo Yeon woke up several hours later, feeling so sleepy and tired. She was hoping it was because of her pregnancy and not because of what she did with Si Jin the night before. She blinked owlishly when she realized she was alone on the bed, a note on her bedside tabl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter