Ch 7

Descendants of The Sun - Book 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank you for the love for this story, for the comments, votes, and subscribes.

Bold fonts= conversation in English

Italic fonts= text message and conversation on communicator

7

 

Myeong Ju was in her office when she heard a knock on her door. She looked up to see Dae-young stood on the door. When their eyes met, the Sergeant gave her a salute and Myeong Ju replied. She approached her fiance and gave him a hug. She knew why he was in her office.

“When will you go?” she asked.

“This afternoon,” Dae-young replied.

Myeong Ju blew a breath. “I don’t know if I should resent the Major’s wife or not for making you have to do missions when we’re about to get married.”

The Sergeant only smiled. “I know you’re worried about her too.”

Myeong Ju chuckled and released her hug. “Keep yourself safe just like you’ll keep her and Major Yoo safe.”

“I will.”

Both of them smiled at each other before the Sergeant leaned down and gave Myeong Ju a kiss.

In Haesung, Mo Yeon was about to go home when she saw Nurse Choi was sitting on one of the chairs on the waiting hall with dejected expression. Later, she took the young nurse to the hospital’s roof and they both stood next to each other.

“Why is he always have dangerous missions?” Nurse Choi said in low voice.

Mo Yeon looked at the nurse and smiled. “Who? Captain Lee or my husband?”

Nurse Choi laughed lightly. “Of course, it’s Captain Lee, Dr. Kang. How can I talk about Major Yoo? He’s your husband.”

The doctor patted Nurse Choi’s head lovingly. “Aww...this baby finally falls in love.”

The latter caused Nurse Choi to blush. “I’m...I’m not.”

“You’re not?”

The nurse only blew a breath and covered her face with her hands. “I don’t know,” she said in defeat. She looked at Mo Yeon. “Why do you decide to be with Major Yoo even though what he does is dangerous, Dr. Kang?”

“Because I love him,” Mo Yeon answered instantly.

Nurse Choi blinked. “Just like that?”

Mo Yeon smiled wistfully. “It’s because I love a man with the heart of a soldier. That’s the one thing I love about him. He does dangerous missions as a part of him being a soldier and his honor to serve his country.” The doctor looked again at the nurse. “It’s also what makes me proud of him.”

“Don’t you wish he does something less dangerous?” The nurse asked again.

The doctor pursed her lips. “Well, I had this conversation with him when I just arrived in Urk. Even then, I knew I won’t be attracted to him if he was not a soldier.”

“Oh.”

Mo Yeon took a deep breath. “The one who kidnapped me in Urk was a former soldier.”

“Eh?”

Mo Yeon smiled. “I tell you this now because sooner or later Captain Lee will tell you.” She took another deep breath. “When I was in captivity, I saw how he was. He looked so lost, and even his own country resented him. I couldn’t imagine if that happened to Si Jin, being someone who was entirely different, being a criminal. It was the moment when I understood the honor of being a soldier despite on what he did.”

“It’s just...” Nurse Choi sighed. “I’m just afraid he will get hurt.”

The doctor patted the young nurse’s shoulder. “Well, you can tend to his wounds. Si Jin always does that. Sometimes I wonder if he gets hurt intentionally to have me treat him as his doctor.”

Nurse Choi laughed. “He probably does, Dr. Kang. He can be a whining boy whenever you treat him.” The young nurse remembered when the doctor played a bit with her husband by the time the medical team wanted to draw blood from the soldiers in Urk.

Mo Yeon laughed too and looked again at the nurse. “Accept him for who he is and he will return it twice more than you can imagine.”

The nurse blinked. “Huh? What is that supposed to mean?”

The doctor grinned and patted Nurse Choi’s head lovingly for the second time. “Now, it’s the time for you, babies, to find out.” She chuckled and then, started to walk away from the nurse, leaving the latter with bewilderment expression.

“Dr. Kang!”

Mo Yeon turned around. “I’m going to Switzerland tomorrow. Tell your soldier how you feel when he sees you, ok?”

Nurse Choi blinked and then, she smiled. “Ok.”

Mo Yeon smiled back and turned around again, starting to walk to go home, preparing for her departure and to see her husband in another country.

Nurse Choi, however, pursed her lips and pulled out her phone from her pocket. When she was about to call Captain Lee, she changed her mind, but sent him a message instead.

“Come back safely. I’m going to miss you.”

With blushing cheeks, she giggled and put her phone back on her pocket.

In the military base, the soldiers were ready next to C-17 when Joon Ha felt his phone vibrated. He pulled out his phone and smiled widely, causing Captain Han, the Captain of Team Bravo looked at him in curiosity.

“What makes you smile so big like that?”

Joon Ha only grinned. “Nothing. My mission is completed.”

“Huh?”

Joon Ha ignored the other Captain and stared at his phone screen, before turning it off.

He would come back.

For sure.

The next day, Mo Yeon departed from Korea along with Dr. Song in the early morning. She would endure 11 hours flight from Seoul to Switzerland and she unconsciously touched her belly, hoping her child would be safe until they both could meet Si Jin. Dr. Song was busy with his handphone, listening to the music while Mo Yeon stared at the ultrasound picture. She was thinking several scenarios on how to tell her husband about their baby, and she admitted it was harder than to do a presentation in front of a lot of people. She even read several romantic stories on how to tell your spouse that you were pregnant, but she couldn’t find any. The simple “honey, I’m pregnant” didn’t seem to suit her. Mo Yeon took a deep breath and put the picture back on her pocket, trying to sleep during the long flight.

When finally she and Dr. Song landed in Switzerland, someone from the UN picked them up and took them to the hotel where all the doctors would stay during the meeting. Mo Yeon, being around with Special Forces and army people, could tell the difference between them and the doctors. It seemed the UN placed the security and the doctors in the same hotel. She looked around, but didn’t find Si Jin, and then, suddenly turned nervous. She still haven’t found the way to tell him about her pregnancy, but she forgot about it momentarily when she saw her room. It was a suite room twice bigger than her place in Korea, with all the high facilities. Mo Yeon could only gaped and despite her jetlag, she uttered one thing that came into her mind.

“I love my job.”

Almost two months in his deployment after getting married for Si Jin was harder than when he had to spend 8 months on his latest deployment in the same country. To him, Urk was a country with good and bad memories he spent with his wife. And now, his Commander gave him indefinete leave to do the protecting mission in Switzerland. The Major was feeling nervous and also thrilled, both because he would meet his wife, and because the news Mo Yeon secretly kept from him. He never thought he missed her so much and it had been barely two months. He hoped the head of security, at least, could gave him time to spend with Dr. Kang before she was busy with WHO schedule. Although he was worried, but he was also proud of his wife. He knew how Dr. Kang took her oath highly with her heart and with WHO regarded her with respect, it was a huge achievement for her.

At noon, a chopper was ready for him and after reporting his departure to his Commander, Si Jin sat on the chopper which would fly him to Switzerland. He was informed someone would fetch him at the military base with his civilan clothes for his mission. The journey took a while before finally his chopper landed on the helipad at night. Si Jin thanked the pilot and then, walked to a car which already waited for him and he blinked when he saw the man who fetched him.

“Big Boss, long time no see.”

Si Jin only chuckled. “I’m not surprised to see you here when I heard UN asked for American Special Forces.”

Jordan, The US Special Forces Captain only shrugged. “The UN loves us.” He paid attention to Si Jin closely. “So, you’re a Major, huh?” he said when he saw Si Jin’s insignia. “Your Captains are not good enough for the job, so they send you here?” The US Captain said while opening the passenger door for Si Jin.

The Major only laughed lightly before sitting on the passenger seat. Jordan sat on the driver seat after closing the door, and turned the engine on.

“It’s a special mission for me,” Si Jin answered.

“You were asking for it or is it the order from the Korean base?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter