Epilogue

Descendants of The Sun - Book 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Here you go...the Epilogue and sorry for the long wait

Italic fonts = flashback

Geongang = good health in Korean.

Epilogue

Nine Years Later

Mo Yeon put her working bag on her desk on the small room where she was staying for a week on a mission in Vietnam assigned by WHO. Yes, she joined them, but being stationed in Korea. It was quite a teary farewell party with her friends in Haesung when she informed them that she resigned from the hospital. Director Han was beside himself when finally Mo Yeon handed him her resignation letter. He was expecting her to return the next day and changed her mind, but of course, it didn’t happened. Being assigned in reputable organization, it was quite a task since she just gave birth to Yeon Jin, thankfully her new office understood and she could have any time she needed to be with her daughter. Those were times when she really needed her mother’s help to watch over Yeon Jin when Si Jin couldn’t also be at home.

Speaking about home, her and Si Jin finally moved to their own house when her pregnancy reached almost seventh month. It was comical to see Si Jin ordered some of the officers from the army to help them moved their things to their new house.

Mo Yeon turned her laptop on and waited until she clicked the Skype icon. On her laptop screen, a girl clapped her hands when their eyes met.

“Mom!” she said happily.

The doctor smiled. “Yeon Jin, where’s your father?”

“He’s in the house somewhere. Dong Jin made Dad had to chase him around the house for playing with the toothpaste.”

Mo Yeon blinked. “What?”

And then, Si Jin appeared on the screen with his boyish grin, making Mo Yeon’s heart fluttered in her chest. 10 years of marriage and her husband could still make her felt that way.

“Hi, honey,” he said. “Sorry, Dong Jin keeps me busy.”

“I can see that.”

Three years after Yeon Jin was born, Mo Yeon gave birth to a son, Yoo Min Jin, and two years after the birth of Min Jin, also a son, Yoo Dong Jin. Her daughter was proudly claimed herself as the big sister who would protect her younger brothers. Mo Yeon could guess where Yeon Jin could have the thought of protecting her siblings, she was her father’s daughter after all.

“Yeon Jin, Mom looks beautiful, doesn’t she?” Si Jin asked their daughter.

Yeon Jin grinned and nodded. “Mom looks beautiful everyday, Dad.”

Mo Yeon raised her eyebrows. “Where did you learn your flattery, young lady?”

“She is sly, just like her mother,” Si Jin answered, his eyes glinted, while Mo Yeon could only chuckled.

The doctor sighed. “I really missed you all. Yeon Jin, you’re being a good girl to Dad, aren’t you?”

“Yes, Mom,” her daughter answered proudly. “I play together with Dad and brothers. We play punch and kick.”

Si Jin’s face changed when he heard Yeon Jin.

“Ah...” Mo Yeon said knowingly. “Punch and kick? Sounds interesting.”

“It is,” Yeon Jin said in return, oblivious on her father’s panic face. “Dad said I can do that to bad people.”

“Uh...Yeon Jin, go play with your brothers. Dad wants to speak with Mom,” Si Jin said hurriedly to her daughter.

“But, I still want to tell Mom about what you had taught me,” Yeon Jin pouted.

“I agree with Yeon Jin,” Mo Yeon replied, sending daggers through her eyes to her husband while the latter could only grimaced. And then, she turned to her daughter. “So, you want to kick bad people just like Dad?”

The young girl shook her head. “No.”

Both of her parents raised their eyebrows. “No?”

“I don’t want to be like Dad. I want to learn how to kick and punch to protect Mom when Dad is not around. Min Jin said once he wants to be like Dad, though, while Dong Jin said he wants to be like Mom.”

Si Jin furrowed his eyebrows. “How did you know that, sweetheart?”

Yeon Jin tilted her head, giving her father her glare, her mother’s signature. “I asked them.”

“Dong Jin is four years old. How come he know about Mom’s job?”

“He asked me and I answered Mom is helping sick people and then, he said he wanted to be like Mom.”

“So, you told your youngest brother that Mom is helping people, and what did you tell to Min Jin about Dad?”

“I told him Dad is also helping people by keeping peace in the world and suddenly, he said he wanted to be like you.”

“Wah...you’re clever just like your Mom.”

Mo Yeon cleared . “You two aren’t the only people there.”

Si Jin and Yeon Jin both froze and then, looked over the screen and grinned sheepishly.

The doctor only smiled. Her heart warmed when she saw their grin were so similar. “Go play with your brothers, Yeon Jin. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Oh...okay.” Yeon Jin’s shoulders slumped and then, she smiled to her mother. “I missed you, Mom, and I love you.”

“I love you too, sweetheart.”

Yeon Jin got up and disappeared from the screen, leaving only her father.

“Honey,” Mo Yeon sighed. “Our daughter is only 9 years old and you already taught her how to punch and kick.”

“It’s her nature being a soldier’s daughter,” Si Jin defended himself.

Mo Yeon squinted her eyes. “What happened if she used it to her friends at school?”

Si Jin chuckled. “Didn’t you just hear what I said to Yeon Jin? She’s clever, just like you. She promised me only to do it to bad people and like she said, to protect you.”

“Did you teach her to say that?”

“No. She is also wise for a 9 year old girl.”

Mo Yeon chuckled. “I can see you’re having a good time with our children while I’m away.”

Si Jin pursed his lips. “Well...they are quite entertaining.”

“You finally got what you wished for. Remember, you said you want to bicker with them someday.”

“Ah...yes.” Si Jin scratched his head. “Those words are right, though. Be careful on what you wish for.”

Mo Yeon laughed lightly.

“How’s your mission, Doctor? Good?”

The doctor nodded. “It went well. The epidemic is decreasing. Another team will replace mine tomorrow.”

“So, no celebrities this time?”

Mo Yeon giggled. “Why? Don’t tell me you’re still jealous even after 10 years of marriage.”

“I will always feel jealous whenever any men dare to make a move on you. Do you remember when you just moved to your new office? I have to visit you every day with my uniform to keep them away.”

The doctor could only laughed, reminiscing the moment when she just worked in WHO office and some male staffs showed their affections to her even though she told them she was married. Si Jin, being easily jealous, of course, didn’t take it well. He always had excuses to see Mo Yeon in her new office. It was also very funny to see.

“I kind of like it when you visit me with your uniform,” Mo Yeon said again.

“I can do that again,” her husband replied.

Mo Yeon tilted her head. “I never knew being a Colonel is making things easier.”

Three years ago, Si Jin was being promoted for the second time and now, he was a Daeryeong (Colonel), and before that a Jungnyeong (Liutenant Colonel). Sergeant Seo was no longer a Sergeant, but a Sowi (First Liutenant) while his wife, was a Daewi (Liutenant). Liutenant Seo was still in the Special Forces and Myeong Ju on the army medical team. They had two children, a girl and a boy. Their other friends, Dr. Song and his wife welcomed a girl a year after they wed while Major Joon Ha (formerly Captain) tied the knot with Nurse Choi two years after Myeong Ju’s wedding. They had a son. Chi Hun also had another son on three months after Yeon Jin was born.

“You will always be my top priority. You and our children,” Si Jin said, making Mo Yeon smiled.

“You still have your day off?” the doctor asked her husband.

The Colonel nodded. “I’ll return to the base the day after tomorrow. I’ll pick you up at the airport with the children.”

“That sounds lovely.”

And then, they heard Yeon Jin shouted from the distance, “Dad! Dong Jin is biting my doll!”

Si Jin sighed while Mo Yeon chuckled before he squinted his eyes. “I hope you still remember your vow on our wedding day.”

Mo Yeon blinked. “Huh? Which one?”

“You promised not to laugh at me when our children are making me losing my mind.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter