Ch 16

Descendants of The Sun - Book 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank you for your comments, subscribes, and upvotes :)

I give you this update before I’m getting busy again next week. My sister’s wedding is coming closer.

Bold and italic fonts = conversation in English

16

 

“Hello?”

“Dr. Kang?”

The doctor furrowed her eyebrows, sensing the one who called her was not Korean.

“Yes?”

“It’s me, James, the UN doctor. Can we talk about the WHO offer?”

Time seemed to stop for Mo Yeon when she heard James’ voice. She knew they would call her sooner or later, she just didn’t expect it to become this sooner because she hadn’t prepared any answers and she hadn’t made the decision yet. Added the fact she was pregnant, that also made everything became complicated.

“Hello? Dr. Kang?”

Mo Yeon was brought back to reality. “Umm...yes?”

“I’m James.”

“Yeah, I heard you,” Mo Yeon answered sheepishly. “What is it, Dr. James?”

“How are you, Doctor? It’s really nice to hear your voice.”

“I’m doing fine. How about you? What brings you to call me?”

“I’m fine as well. Anyway, Dr. Margaret Chan would like to hear about your decision for her offer about joining WHO, Dr. Kang. Do you already made your decision?”

Mo Yeon took a deep breath. “Honestly, no. Not yet.”

“I’ll be on Korea next month. We can meet at WHO regional office there and you can tell me your decision. Is that alright with you?”

The doctor could only nodded. “Yes.”

“That’s good. I’ll contact you later. Good day, Dr. Kang.”

And James disconnected the call, leaving Mo Yeon stood motionless while gripping her phone. What should she do?

“Who was that?”

Mo Yeon almost jumped in surprise when she heard Si Jin’s voice. She looked up to see him watching her. Again, Mo Yeon forgot how stealthily Si Jin could become.

“Who?”

“The one who called you.”

“It’s nobody.”

Si Jin chuckled. “Are you still mad at me?”

“Yes,” Mo Yeon answered without thinking.

“If I apologize to you, will you tell me who it was?”

“If you apologize to me, do you mean it?”

Si Jin sighed and stepped closer to his wife while the latter only watching him. “What do I have to do to prove you that you’re the only one in my heart? I even didn’t enjoy my blind date.”

“That explained your smiling face.”

“Do you think it’s proper to give a sad face for my picture? I was just trying to be nice.”

“Too nice.”

The Major blew a breath. He had said dealing with his wife or Myeong Ju was deadlier than any of his missions once and apparently it proved to be right again.

“Can we not talk about this now? We’re on our friend’s wedding,” Si Jin finally said.

“No, we should talk about this now since someone just brought it up,” Mo Yeon said stubbornly.

Si Jin took another deep breath again. “Any normal men will also get angry in a situation like this, but I won’t do that.”

“What will you do, then?” The doctor challenging him.

He looked at his wife deeply before leaning down, held her face, and kissed her deeply. Si Jin didn’t care if someone might saw him making out with his wife, he smiled inwardly when he sensed her didn’t fight him, but kissed him back. Si Jin pulled Mo Yeon closer by her waist while the doctor wrapped her arms around Si Jin’s shoulders.

After a while, Si Jin ended his kiss and stared at his wife’s face. Their noses almost touched. “Are you still angry now?” he asked with smile on his voice.

“Not really. Maybe I should angry more often to have you kiss me like that,” Mo Yeon said with twinkle on her eyes.

Si Jin only chuckled and took his wife’s hand, walking back to the reception hall. Their discussion could wait.

Inside the hall, they sat on their table, surrounding by their friends whom were looking happy by some news.

“Ah, there you are,” Dr. Song said. “You’re almost late, Mo Yeon. Chi Hun has great news.”

“Oh?” Mo Yeon blinked and then, looked at her junior. “What news?”

The young doctor grinned while his wife was blushing next to him. “I’m going to have another child.”

The nurses and Dr. Song were grinning while Mo Yeon’s eyes widened and Si Jin chuckled.

“This is indeed a great news,” The Major said. And then, he looked over to Dr. Song and his wife. “What about you, Dr. Song? You don’t want to follow our steps to have children?”

The senior doctor grinned while his wife was blushing. “We’re still trying.”

Mo Yeon hit his husband playfully by his arm. “That’s nice.”

Si Jin looked over at Captain Lee who sat next to him. “And looks like you and your girlfriend who are unmarried on this table.”

Joon Ha and Nurse Choi blushed instantly while Mo Yeon hit Si Jin’s arm again. “Don’t tease them,” she said, causing Si Jin to laugh.

“Ah yes, I’m waiting for them, though,” Dr. Song said while grinning. “I still remember when Min-ji had a crush on Dr. Daniel.”

Mo Yeon, Si Jin, and Joon Ha said at the same time, “What?”

“You didn’t know?” The senior doctor asked. “Oh, of course you didn’t. You both were busy flirting with each other,” he pointed to Mo Yeon and Si Jin.

It was a good thing Daniel was not present at the wedding for he had UN mission in Canada, but Si Jin told Mo Yeon the Peacekeeper doctor would come personally to Korea to see Sergeant Seo and Myeong Ju after his mission was over.

“Dr. Song, how can you say that?” the young nurse said in embarassement. And then, she raised her chin defiantly. “Your wife also had a crush on Dr. Daniel.”

It was Dr. Song’s turn to be frown and his wife grinned sheepishly.

“You had a crush on Dr. Daniel?” Joon Ha asked Nurse Choi, his jealousy was crystal clear.

Mo Yeon raised her eyebrows. “This is getting interesting.”

Si Jin sighed and tapped Joon Ha’s shoulder several times. “I understand how you feel, Captain.”

The reception was still going afterwards and Mo Yeon walked outside the hall and sat on one of the benches. Her feet were getting sore for standing too long using high heels. She left Si Jin inside the hall when she saw him having conversation with some of the army officers. Besides, she needed time to think about James’ phone call.

Mo Yeon looked up to the sky and a bit disappointed when she saw no stars. She blew a breath and lowered her head.

What decision did she has to make?

Joining with WHO was the biggest reward for her passion as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter