Ch 2

Descendants of The Sun - Book 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Aww...thank you for your comments, votes, and subscribes. Thank you for your love too. It means so much to me.

Italic fonts = conversation on phone

2

 

In the other side of the town, at dal.komm Coffee, Myeong Ju sat across from Dae-young who was wearing his dress uniform. The General’s daughter raised her eyebrows.

“Why did you wear that? Do you have any discipline measures?”

“No.”

“No?”

“No, Ma’am. Actually, I asked Major Yoo how he proposed to Dr. Kang.”

Myeong Ju blinked. “What?”

“I want to do something different, but I can’t seem to find any solutions. The point is...” Dae-young stared at Myeong Ju. “Yoon Myeong Ju, may I ask your hand in marriage?”

Myeong Ju froze.

Ever since she had relationship with Dae-young, she always dream of being purposed by her man, but when it happened, she only could stare back at him in shock.

“You...were asking me to marry you?”

Dae-young stared back at her, showing her the ring. The Sergeant, like Si Jin, also followed the military tradition, by giving the miniature of his class ring to his fiancee.

“You really did, didn’t you?”

“You said I can propose to you after seeing you wearing your bridesmaid gown. You were so beautiful that day. I apologize it takes me a while to do this for I don’t know how to do a perfect way to ask your hand in marriage,” the Sergeant said.

Myeong Ju raised her eyebrows. “And then, you asked Major Yoo?” She blew a breath. “Gosh...he is so cliche and I can’t believe Mo Yeon said yes over a lame proposal.”

Dae-young looked at Myeong Ju nervously. “Are you not pleased with the way I propose to you?”

The General’s daughter only smiled. “No, you silly man.”

“No?”

“No, it’s not because of that.”

“So, it’s a yes?”

“I didn’t say it.”

“Oh.”

Dae-young’s shoulders slumped while Myeong Ju watched the Sergeant before rose from her seat and walked around the table to stand in front of him. She shoved her left fingers at Dae-young.

“Don’t you want to put the ring on me?” she asked.

Dae-young blinked and turned his head sharply at Myeong Ju. She smiled tenderly at him and the Sergeant realized she accepted his proposal with her usual way. Slowly, he rose from his seat and put the ring on Myeong Ju’s ring finger before the General’s daughter pulled him to her and kissed him. Some customers were giving them catcalls while the servant who recognized the Sergeant only sighed.

“This is the second time a man propose his woman in this place.”

Nearly midnight, Mo Yeon’s phone buzzed and the owner of the phone tried to open her eyes. It was hard to do while being cocooned by Si Jin behind her under the blanket after spending quite time showing their love to each other. When Mo Yeon was trying to move, Si Jin only stirred and wrapped her body closer to him. Her phone was still buzzing and with effort, she finally could free from Si Jin’s arms, causing her husband to open his eyes too.

Mo Yeon grabbed her phone on the bedside table and squinted her eyes to see the caller ID.

“Myeong Ju?”

Si Jin raised his eyebrows. “Why would she call you in this hour?”

Mo Yeon shrugged and wrapped herself with the blanket before answering the phone.

“Hello?”

“Mo Yeon, I can’t believe this. He proposed to me.”

“Who propose to you?”

Si Jin made a face and took Mo Yeon’s phone before tapping the speakerphone icon.

“Dae-young! He proposed to me!” Both Si Jin and Mo Yeon could hear Myeong Ju’s voice of delight.

Si Jin scoffed. “It’s about time.”

“Why are you listening? I’m talking to Mo Yeon. Are you putting me on speakerphone?”

“Have you forgotten Dr. Kang and I are married and that means we sleep in the same room and the same bed? It’s not my fault I’m talking to you too. You are just disturbing our beauty sleep.”

“Oh gosh...I don’t need to know if both of you are right now.”

“No, we are covered by the blanket.”

Mo Yeon only rolled her eyes. “Give me that.” She grabbed her phone back and Si Jin leaned his chin on Mo Yeon’s shoulder while playing with her hair. He looked so alluring with his bare chest and Mo Yeon tried so hard to focus on Myeong Ju.

“So, he really did propose to you?”

“Yes!! Well, I was expecting more than a proposal in the cafe with him wearing his dress uniform, but it didn’t matter. I’m engaged!”

Mo Yeon smiled. “Wow...congratulations. I’m so happy for you. We should meet soon and celebrate this.”

“Four days and three nights?”

This one made Si Jin curious. “Huh?”

“Gosh...don’t say that. Si Jin is here.”

“Oh...sorry. I forget you are not alone.”

Mo Yeon only covered her face with her hand, sensing Si Jin’s eyes on her.

“I’ll call you back when you are not with that wuss, okay?”

Myeong Ju disconnected the call and Mo Yeon blew a breath. She slowly turned her head at Si Jin and saw him with the same expression when she and Myeong Ju blurted out about Yoon Gi.

“So,” he said in low voice, dangerously, while taking the phone from Mo Yeon’s hand and put it on the bedside table and crept to her, causing Mo Yeon lay flat on the bed. He hovered above her, his identification tags were dangling on his neck. “What is this four days and three nights?”

“It’s nothing.”

“It’s definitely something.”

“It wasn’t me.”

“She was talking to you.”

Mo Yeon only sighed and smiled at Si Jin. She still couldn’t believe a wonderful man could love her like he did.

“I love you,” she said.

“I won’t let you get away by talking me up.”

She looked at him slyly. “I can find a way.” She held Si Jin’s tags and pulled it down before kissing her husband with all the love she had, causing Si Jin forgot to interrogate his wife.

In the morning, Mo Yeon woke up early for her morning shift while Si Jin was still asleep. Her mission the previous night was a success to keep him forget about her and Myeong Ju’s four days and three nights. When she was ready to go, she watched Si Jin under the blanket and kissed his cheek.

Si Jin, used to always stay alert, slowly opened his eyes. “Are you having morning shift again?” he asked his wife with sleepy voice after seeing her with her working clothes.

Mo Yeon nodded. “I’ll be home in the afternoon. What are you going to do for the day?”

Si Jin shrugged. “Probably meeting with Sergeant Seo. Either I call him or he call me. He will tell me about his engagement.”

The doctor squinted her eyes. “I swear to you, if Sergeant Seo is a girl, I will be jealous of him.”

Si Jin chuckled and sat on the bed, him being shirtless causing Mo Yeon to blush. “I survived with Myeong Ju, I can survive with Sergeant Seo too. It’s different with you. I told you, you have my heart. All of it.”

Mo Yeon smiled and gave Si Jin a light kiss. “Say congratulations to Sergeant Seo from me. I better get going.”

When Mo Yeon rose from the bed, Si Jin held her hand. “Have you eaten?”

“I can eat at the hospital.”

“What do you want to eat for dinner?”

The doctor chuckled. “I should be the one to ask you that.”

Si Jin shrugged. “I’m husband material

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter