Ch 17

Descendants of The Sun - Book 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank you for the comments, subscribes, and upvotes :)

Sorry for the very late update and thank you for still waiting for the new chapter.

Italic fonts = conversation on phone and flashback

17

 

Director Han was looking at the papers in front of him and had a long sigh before his secretary told him the meeting room was ready. He was on his way for an emergency meeting to discuss one of his doctors. Once he arrived, the room already filled with the members of the board and also senior doctors. They all greeted him when he entered the room.

“These are the patients who reported their complaints for Dr. Kim Eun-ji,” The Director said. “Haesung’s reputation becomes public attention now, not to mention with the complaints from the viewers of our show.”

“Is Dr. Kang still being her supervisor?” One of them asked.

Director Han shook his head. “No, she refused the task after several months and now, I hear she’s pregnant.” His heart clenched a bit when he mentioned the last part. Han Suk-won must admitted he had special feelings for the beautiful doctor and it was all too late for his foolish act and the fact that she was married to a soldier.

And not just a soldier, but a Special Forces member.

Ha also heard about the encounter between Dr. Kang, her husband, and Dr. Kim’s parents. He heard about how the soldier protected her and he knew he must be careful not to cause a Major from Special Forces decided to give him a visit.

“What are you going to do, Director?”

The Chairman of Haesung looked deep in thought. “If this case was for another doctor, he or she will be fired, but Dr. Kim’s parents have major influence in this hospital. We must proceed this case slowly.”

“Are you going to ask Dr. Kang to...”

“No,” The Director answered hastily. The image of the Major gave him a visit chilled him to the bone. “I think I’ll put Dr. Kim on the regular department without any surgeries or patients who need spesific diagnoses.”

“But, she’s a professor.”

“And that means I need to do something about her title too.”

The room went silent.

Director Han took a deep breath. “Dr. Kang is not only known as the most capable doctor here, but her skill is also known outside Korea. Even WHO knows her. I’m sure WHO already knew about this case.”

All the meeting attendees could only gaped.

“What do you suggest, Director? Are you suggesting Dr. Kang should replace Dr. Kim in VIP ward?”

Han Suk-won took a deep breath. “Give Dr. Kang her professor title and put Dr. Kim on regular department.”

The Chairman’s decision, of course, causing Dr. Kim felt both embarassed and angry. She was complaining with tearful eyes in his office, and Mo Yeon was there too, only looking at her emotionless.

“Are you saying you’re going to release my title and put me on regular department? That department is only for patients who have flu and fever,” Dr. Kim said in high voice. She, then, pointed at Mo Yeon. “And she’s the one who’s going to replace me in the VIP ward? Look at her. She’s already big enough with her belly.”

Mo Yeon rolled her eyes and sighed. “I’m four months pregnant. I’m not that big.”

“You will be in the next two months,” Dr. Kim said again stubbornly.

“Are you jealous?”

“Why would I feel jealous to a woman who will gain weight soon?”

“Not that. Are you jealous about the VIP ward?”

Dr. Kim blinked and answered stubbornly, “No.”

“Or are you jealous because I’m going to have a child with a handsome man as the father?” Mo Yeon asked while grinning.

Director Han almost choked when he heard Mo Yeon’s words.

Dr. Kim stomped her foot and looked again at the Director. “I’ll tell my parents about this.”

“You may, Dr. Kim, but I also have a hospital reputation to be saved,” Director Han said casually.

The female doctor grunted in frustation before walking out from the office, leaving Mo Yeon with the Director.

“Dr. Kang.”

Mo Yeon turned her head to see Director Han.

“I’m sorry. I should have done this sooner,” The Director said.

“It’s alright.”

“I know I should do this properly. Congratulations on your pregnancy, Dr. Kang.”

Mo Yeon smiled. “Thank you, Director.”

“You may start tomorrow in the VIP ward. You can arrange your own schedule since you’re going to have a baby.”

Mo Yeon nodded and bowed a little before walking out from the office.

“Dr. Kang,” The Director called again.

The doctor turned again and blinked when she saw Director Han’s eyes. She could see the longing and the regret.

“I’m still blaming myself for mistreating you,” he said in low voice.

Mo Yeon sighed. “Thank you for giving me my professor title, Director, and if you ask more than that, I still remember my promise to shoot you with my husband’s gun.”

The latter caused the Director’s eyes widened and he turned nervous.

Mo Yeon smiled slightly before walking again. “I can’t believe he was flirting with me,” the doctor grumbled once she reached the hall.

Si Jin was coming home early at night and saw his wife sitting on the dining room with a can of cold drink in front of her. He furrowed his eyebrows and walked closer before noticing Mo Yeon was holding a glass of warm tea. The Major could only chuckled when he realized the drink must be for him.

Mo Yeon smiled at Si Jin and handed him the can. “Painkiller?”

Si Jin smiled in return and took the can from Mo Yeon’s hand, sitting next to her. “I thought you were drinking.”

“I am,” Mo Yeon grinned and pointed at her glass. “Tea.”

Si Jin took a sip from his can and watched his wife. “You still awake.”

“You’re home early.”

“Do you know I’m going home early tonight?”

“Yes, I’ve read your mind.”

Si Jin laughed lightly and looked again at his wife. “What is it?”

Mo Yeon chuckled while drinking her tea. “I know I can’t fool you.”

The Major smiled and put the can on the table before wrapping his arm around his wife’s shoulders. “Is it a good thing? You look happy.”

“Uh-huh...” Mo Yeon nodded. “The Director gave me my professor title.”

Si Jin’s eyes lit up. “That’s good. And?”

“I’m going back to the VIP ward.”

“I see. How about your schedule?”

“Director Han said it’s up to me.”

“Ah...I know this is what you’ve wanted.” And then, he smiled. “But?”

Mo Yeon blew a breath and leaned her head on her husband’s chest. Si Jin was indeed the only one who could understand her. “The WHO offer is still bugging me.”

Si Jin chuckled and played with Mo Yeon’s hair. “You haven’t decided yet?”

“No.”

Si Jin pursed his lips and decided to ask Mo Yeon about their child’s name to distract her. He already thought about it for a while, but never had the chance to ask his wife about it.

“I know it’s out of our topic, but have you thought about our child’s name? We can’t always call him or her by ‘little one’,” Si Jin asked.

Mo Yeon shrugged. “What do you have in mind?”

“I’m not good with names. Besides, you’re the mother. You decide.”

The doctor took a deep breath. “Hmmm...if it’s a boy, how about Yoo Min Jin?”

Si Jin blinked. “Yoo Min Jin?”

“Yes, your family name and your last name. Actually, I was planning to do that since the beginning.”

Si Jin’s heart fluttered. This woman never ceased to amaze him.

“If it’s a girl?”

Mo Yeon smiled mysteriously. “I’ll tell you if it’s a girl after she’s born.”

“You’re going to use my last name too?”

“It’s a secret. You’ll love it. Don’t worry.”

“So, that means if our children are all boys, I don’t get the chance to know the name?”

“No, that means you need to try harder to have a girl.”

Si Jin grinned, his eyes glinted. “I like that.” He touched Mo Yeon’s face and their eyes met before giving her a deep kiss.

Several days later, at lunch time, Mo Yeon was standing on the top of Haesung building, holding her lunch and her drink. She leaned on the rail, her eyes focused on the high buildings around her, while eating her lunch and sipped her drink. It was like a dream when she learned she was moving to VIP ward although it meant she wouldn’t work with her friends anymore. Dr. Pyo told her it was because the Director received numerous complaints from Dr. Kim’s patients and also compliments from her own which made him decided to trade their positions. But, deep in Mo Yeon’s heart, the offer remained fill the biggest part of hers.

Mo Yeon smiled when she remembered how Si Jin asked her about their child’s name. Since her husband mentioned about three children, she started to look for some names, saving one special name if their child was a girl. Mo Yeon wanted her and Si Jin’s daughter had one of a kind name, something memorable for her daughter.

Something that she was also the part of their little girl.

And she knew how to do that, and she was sure Si Jin would love it too.

Her phone suddenly buzzed and she furrowed her eyebrows when she didn’t recognize the numbers.

“Hello?”

“Dr. Kang? It’s Daniel.”

Mo Yeon’s eyes lit up. “Daniel! Hi!”

“Are you free this lunch? I’m in the coffee shop you and Major Yoo used to visit. I thought I can see you here.”

The doctor chuckled. “How did you know about our favorite coffee shop?”

“Working with the UN is a bit like special agent.”

Mo Yeon blinked. “Really?”

She heard Daniel laughed on the other line. “No, I was joking. Liutenant Yoon used to tell my wife about the place you, her, and your soldiers used to meet. I’ll see you there.”

“Ok.”

It didn’t take long for Mo Yeon to arrived at the place. Daniel was indeed already there, wearing a grey shirt and jeans, waving his hand on her. Mo Yeon smiled and ordered a juice to the waitress before sitting in front of Daniel with a large cup of honey strawberry juice.

Daniel smiled at her. “You’re showing.”

Mo Yeon chuckled and rubbed her belly. “I’m on my fourth month. How’s Ye-hwa? And your son?”

“They are fine. Ye-hwa said hi to you. She apologized she couldn’t see you because our son still needs our fully attention.”

“It’s alright. I’m glad to hear they are fine.” She looked at Daniel. “Your mission in Canad

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter