Ch 1

Descendants of The Sun - Book 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1

 

Bold fonts = conversation in English

Italic fonts = conversation on communicator

Syria

United Nations Refugees Camp

19:30

The refugees camp was almost empty. All the refugees were being moved to another area. United Nations helped the civilians until they could reach the safer area. Among them, several soldiers were seen to guard them. Captain Lee Joon Ha, Team Alpha’s Captain, watched the refugees, along with other soldiers from Special Forces from other countries.

“Big Boss to Eagle.”

Joon Ha turned his attention to his communicator.

“This is Eagle.”

“Is everything alright there?”

“Yes, sir.”

“Be on your guard. Our monitor tracks a movement heads to the camps.”

Joon Ha automatically turned alert and looked over to the rest of the team. Team Alpha, sensing their Captain giving them signals, started to standby. The Captain approached other teams and informed them about the possibility of guest coming.

The latter was a truck full with heavily armed men and the civilians quickly scattered away from them. The soldiers stepped forward in order to protect the civilians.

“We are from the United Nations and this is humanity action. You have no authority to be here,” the head of the UNHCR spoke to the leader.

In the other side of the camp, Si Jin watched everything from the commando tent using the satellite communication provided by the United States Army.

“This is our country and those are our people. We have the authority to have our people back,” said the leader.

“We are here to help them, not the opposite, sir. Please, we don’t want any violences. A lot of children and women here.”

Joon Ha’s eyes darted around, looking for any sign of movements. As luck would have it, he saw a man pulled the trigger and aimed his weapon to UNHCR’s leader and with quick reflex, he shot the man straight to his heart.

Chaos happened after that.

Some of the soldiers moved to secure the UNHCR’s leaders and the rest of the refugees, while the others trying to stop the armed men to come closer to the camp.

Si Jin watched everything and saw his men were getting cornered. Without saying a word, he took his rifle and ran from the tent, ignoring the shouts from other officers. Between the chaos and the gunshots, he aimed to one of the armed men and shot him, causing the man dropped on the ground, unmoving.

“Team Alpha, retreat!” He ordered his team.

Joon Ha and his team obeyed the order and started to back away from the battlefield. Si Jin shot some men to protect his team and when Team Alpha nearly reached his spot, he saw the red dot on Joon Ha’s temple and realized those Syrian’s mercenaries probably had sniper too. Without thinking, he grabbed Joon Ha and felt the bullet grazed his right arm. Dae-young, who had seen the sniper, quickly grabbed Si Jin’s rifle and took his aim. Seconds later, he shot the sniper down.

The rest of Team Alpha approached Joon Ha and Si Jin. The Captain was unharmed while Si Jin had  blood dripping from his wound.

“Are you alright, sir?” Joon Ha asked the Major.

“I’m alright. It was close, though,” Si Jin said while holding his arm.

“Thank you, sir. I owe you one,” the Captain said in respect.

Si Jin blew a breath. “Don’t mention it. You will do the same for me.”

The rest of the team trying to catch their breath and saw the mercenaries were being taken care of. The perks of being a mission with another Special Forces were there was no time to waste for facing incident like that.

Si Jin looked at his arm and groaned. He could imagine someone in Korea would scolded him when he got home. “My wife is going to kill me.”

Joon Ha and his team snickered.

Major Yoo Si Jin was more afraid of his wife rather than facing the snipers.

Kang Mo Yeon was pressing her hand to a bloody wound of her patient whom had a car accident, running next to the wheeled bed into the surgery room. Her hands coated with blood, smearing her wedding ring. When she and the nurses arrived in the surgery room, Mo Yeon quickly washed her hands and pulled out her wedding ring, and put it on her pocket. Wearing a mask and surgery robe, she was ready to do another surgery to save someone’s life.

The surgery lasted for three hours and Mo Yeon blew a breath when she got out from the room. She washed her hands and pulled out her ring, seeing it almost red with blood. She smiled and washed her ring under the pouring water of the sink, silently wondering what her husband might do in this moment.

After getting married 7 months ago, she and Si Jin spent almost two weeks in Greece, spending time together, visiting beautiful places, watching movies in hotel room (which it was really hard to do for both of them in Korea), getting close to each other, and the latter was making a slight blush appeared on her cheeks.

For Mo Yeon and her husband, their first night together as a real husband and wife happened on the third day after they arrived in Greece. Si Jin never pressured her, he really granted Mo Yeon’s wish by waiting for the signal from her. Their first time was sweet, and a bit awkward, for it was really the first time for both of them, but after that, they began to understand each other and Mo Yeon finally could see what kind of man Si Jin was on that department. He was sweet and caring, and very passionate.

Mo Yeon shook her head and returned to her task cleaning her ring. The blood was gone and the ring was just like when Si Jin gave her on their wedding day. She put her ring back on her ring finger and left the surgery room.

When her shift ended, Mo Yeon returned to her place which she shared with Si Jin. Her landlord was quite difficult when she said her husband would stay at her place, but finally relented when Si Jin spoke to him and agreed about the changed of the price.

Her place was more like two people lived in it. Pictures when she and Si Jin in Greece, their wedding day, Si Jin’s pictures when he had his missions with his team while he was still the Captain, his pictures when he was younger during the academy days, were displayed on the small furniture near the dining room. Mo Yeon smiled when her eyes were on the picture of their wedding day, it was a beautiful day for them. She took a deep breath and started to have a shower, ate her dinner alone, and then, went to sleep, wishing Si Jin was alright.

The next day, Mo Yeon left for her morning shift and busy with her patients. It was around the lunch time when she checked the list of one of her patients on the front desk of her department, two arms circling her from behind and she froze.

“How are you, beautiful?”

Mo Yeon left a sigh and turned to see the eyes of her husband. Si Jin smiled tenderly, didn’t realize he missed his wife so much. The doctor hugged Si Jin tightly, ignoring the stares from the giggling nurses.

“You’re back,” she said, and when she released her hug, her hand grazed Si Jin’s right arm and frowned. Mo Yeon rolled up Si Jin’s long sleeve and saw a bandage. She narrowed her eyes while the Major only grimaced. Wordlessly, Mo Yeon grabbed Si Jin’s hand and led him to a room to check his wound.

Although the army had their own doctor at the clinic, but Si Jin felt more comfortable with Mo Yeon checking his wound. It was the moment when he could saw her being a doctor. Her concentrated face, her determined eyes, her beautiful face...all the things he loved about her.

“Gunshot wound?” Mo Yeon’s voice broke his daydreaming.

Si Jin cleared his throat. “Yes.”

Mo Yeon nodded and continue to treat Si Jin’s wound with Si Jin watched her.

“What happened?”

Si Jin watched Mo Yeon’s face. “Saving the captain from being shot.”

“H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter