Ch 6

Descendants of The Sun - Book 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank you for all the comments, votes, and subscribes :)

Bold fonts = conversation in English

6

 

“Wow...Switzerland. I’d like to go there someday,” Myeong Ju said to Mo Yeon when they had lunch together the next day after she met the UN doctor.

The General’s daughter suddenly asked her to have lunch together and Mo Yeon knew Myeong Ju must have found out about her being invited by the WHO. There were really no secrets in the army. So, here she was with the female soldier who was wearing her green uniform.

“You haven’t been there?” Mo Yeon asked.

Myeong Ju shook her head. “No, not yet. The peaceful country rarely becomes our destination for dispatchment.”

Mo Yeon made a face. “You guys have weird taste on destination.”

“And bringing two Special Forces teams with you? You are indeed a princess,” she said again.

Mo Yeon blew a breath. She almost forgot Myeong Ju’s snarkiness. “What kind of princess involves in dangerous situation like this?”

“You have a knight in shining armor by your side. I told you, he will protect you at any costs.”

“More like a knight with bulletproof vest and a gun.”

Myeong Ju grinned. “I’m glad you’re not losing your ability to bicker after you got married. Si Jin must be very happy.”

Mo Yeon raised her eyebrows. “You are an engaged woman and you talked about my husband? Where is your manner?”

Myeong Ju only grinned. “Well...I’m not getting married on the next three months, thanks to your husband. My fiance wants to wait until your husband’s dispatchment is over.”

The doctor only nodded and sipped her milk. Since Mo Yeon found out she was pregnant, she was more cautious on what she ate and drank. And now, when Myeong Ju met with her in their favorite place, she won’t take any chances by drinking coffee.

“You didn’t order for coffee? That’s strange,” suddenly Myeong Ju said.

Mo Yeon went still and then, cleared . “I’m..not feeling really well these days.”

“I know. Dae-young told me. He said your husband wanted me to keep an eye on you.” Myeong Ju looked at Mo Yeon in concern. “Are you feeling okay now?”

Mo Yeon nodded and smiled. She decided she won’t tell anyone about her pregnancy before she told Si Jin...well, her friend and the gynecologist didn’t count. For Mo Yeon, Si Jin was the first person who deserved to know directly from her.

“I’m okay. Did you say Sergeant Seo know I’m not feeling well? Why am I not surprised?” Mo Yeon huffed. “Both of them have more romance compares to our relationship with our men.”

Myeong Ju laughed. “Now you know.”

In the military base, Captain Lee and Captain Han from Team Alpha and Team Bravo had a briefing with the Commander and the General. The General informed them about what to expect from their mission in Switzerland.

“Major Yoo will meet you in Switzerland the day after tomorrow,” the General said. “I already contacted Switzerland army and they give permission for us to land a chopper. Team Alpha and Team Bravo will leave to Switzerland tomorrow afternoon. This mission requires you on civilian clothes, and I think you already knew. Both teams are provided with the same accomodations just like they provide Dr. Kang, so enjoy your mission this time. Who will pick up Major Yoo in Switzerland?”

“It’s already covered, sir.”

The General raised his eyebrows. “Is it?”

Captain Lee nodded. “Someone already asked to do that.”

“Who?”

The Captain of Team Alpha only smiled. “An old friend of Major Yoo.”

In Haesung, Dr. Song along with Nurse Ha, Nurse Choi, Chi Hun, and Dr. Pyo sat together at the cafeteria. They were talking about the Switzerland plan.

“How can you both get so lucky? It’s Switzerland!! They have delicious chocolates!!” Chi Hun said.

Dr. Pyo raised her eyebrows. “Is that the only thing that you care about? What kind of doctor are you?”

“You said you will go with the army? What happened?” Nurse Ha asked worriedly.

Dr. Song smiled. “Don’t worry. It’s just for safety.”

“Is it Team Alpha?” This time it was Nurse Choi. Since she started to have relationship with Captain Lee, she was more alert about anything related to special missions like this.

Dr. Song only shrugged. “I don’t know. I’m going to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs tomorrow with Dr. Kang to have the final meeting. Haven’t Captain Lee told you?”

Nurse Choi shook her head forlornly.

“How long will you stay there?” Nurse Ha asked again.

The senior doctor only sighed. “Maybe four or five days.” He looked over the doctors and nurses around him. “Please, don’t worry about us. We will be fine.”

“Yeah, well...the last time you went with Mo Yeon to Urk, there was an earthquake. Who knew what could happen this time?” Dr. Pyo muttered.

When Mo Yeon went home in the afternoon, Si Jin sent her a message and told her to get online on her laptop after dinner. Curiously, after having shower and dinner, she logged on with her laptop and then, an invitation from Skype appeared on her screen. Mo Yeon made a face and clicked the invitation and then, Si Jin’s face appeared on the screen, wearing his brown uniform and his childish expression warmed Mo Yeon’s heart.

“Honey,” he grinned.

Mo Yeon glanced sideways. “How did you know my Skype account? I even forget the password.”

“Umm...I’m observant?”

The doctor laughed. “Yeah, right. Are you using your Special Forces skill to stalk my social media accounts? Gosh...I can’t keep any secrets from you.”

Si Jin narrowed his eyes. “Is there any secrets that you keep from me?”

“I thought you said I can keep secrets.”

“As long it’s not about another guy.”

“How about you? Don’t you have any social media accounts?”

“No. They are easily to trace.”

“No? Not even a Facebook?”

“Do you have a Facebook account?”

“No.”

“Are you telling me the truth? Do I need to stalk your Facebook account too? Any male friends do I need to be aware of?”

“Now, you’re saying for yourself you’re stalking me.”

Si Jin realized his slip and blew a breath. “I lose.”

Mo Yeon smiled sweetly. “Even after married for 9 months, you still feel jealous. You’re so cute.”

Si Jin pretended to pout. “Don’t call me cute. I’m a man and a soldier.”

“Of course, you are. You are a cute soldier.”

Si Jin laughed and Mo Yeon smiled. “How are you? You’re not sick, are you?” he asked.

“No, I’m fine. Why did you ask?”

Si Jin shrugged on the screen. “It’s because...I don’t know...you look different. Maybe...glowing?”

Mo Yeon blinked. She knew the effects of pregnancy to a woman, for some women it caused them to look glowing. Was it possible for Si Jin to see her that way? Well, he didn’t know she was carrying his child yet, but with the glowing thing. He was really observant, but it didn’t mean she couldn’t .

“Glowing? Are you sure I’m glowing? Did you remember you said I was glowing because I was talking about Yoon Gi?”

“Oh, right. I take that back.”

The doctor laughed. “I’m...fine. Really.” She took a deep breath. “So, what is the occasion for you talking with me using Skype? Is it morning there in Urk? Don’t you have something to do?”

“This is what I do. Talking to you.”

Mo Yeon rolled her eyes. “What if your Commander knows you’re talking to me with a laptop using army’s internet connection?”

“I have my ways,” Si Jin said while grinning.

The doctor smiled and looked at Si Jin closely. “Seriously, what is it?”

The Major only sighed. “It’s getting harder to fool you.”

“Is a good thing, isn’t it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter