Ch 14

Descendants of The Sun - Book 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank you for the comments, subscribes, and votes.

Going to take a break for a while for the New Year holiday. Happy holiday and Happy New Year 2017, guys. I’ll see you all next year and here’s Si Jin and Mo Yeon’s sweetness for you :)

I’m envious of everything about that couple

(Jin Goo talks about Kang Mo Yeon and Yoo Si Jin – DOTS Special Part 3)

14

 

“Ugh...how can you create beautiful vows like that?” Myeong Ju grumbled.

Mo Yeon sipped her milk, they were spending their time at their favorite place, just the two of them. Sergeant Seo was in the base, for it was not his day off. Myeong Ju, again, dragged Mo Yeon for a company.

Her wedding day was coming closer, the General’s daughter realized there were a lot of things she needed to prepare, and her frustation was about the wedding vows. Unlike Mo Yeon’s wedding, Myeong Ju’s wedding would be held on a public venue with military ceremony.

“You really think my wedding vows are beautiful?” Mo Yeon asked while grinning.

Myeong Ju’s eyes narrowed. “Don’t get too proud of yourself. I can create it more beautiful.”

“Sure, and now, you’re stressing yourself for it.”

The General’s daughter groaned. “How did you even think about it? I mean, yours were about the insignias, and being his doctor, and then, about didn’t leave him when he had to leave. Gosh...those were really hit the spot.”

Mo Yeon shrugged. “Well, I just told him how I felt. I think it works the best for you too and Sergeant Seo.”

“Just tell him I love him? That would be too boring. I mean, unlike you, I know about insignias and everything about married to a soldier.”

“Tell him you love him is a good start.” And then, Mo Yeon glanced sideways. “Or maybe you can find some inspirations online.”

Myeong Ju blinked. “What?”

“For a reference.”

“Did you?”

Mo Yeon shrugged again. “Some of it.”

Myeong Ju grinned. “You are truly a wise woman.”

“I’m going to be a mother. It comes naturally.”

“Speaking of that, how’s your pregnancy? Everything is good? That doctor doesn’t annoy you anymore?”

Mo Yeon chuckled. “Everything is good. As for Dr. Kim, she avoids me, which is good. I said everything I wanted to say to her. Thanks to you.”

Myeong Ju shrugged. “I thought you’re more comfortable saying something to her without being a doctor and your doctor’s coat.” And then, she leaned closer. “So, Si Jin will be home soon. How do you feel?”

The doctor chuckled and sighed. “I’m happy, of course, but, it’s also strange. Before I met him, I was used to be alone and spending my time that way while he deploys to Urk is just like return to that old time. And now, he will be back and that reminds me I have someone to share my life with. Gosh...I don’t know what I’m talking about. The point is I’m happy.”

The General’s daughter laughed. “That’s good to hear.” She took a deep breath. “As for what happened when we were dress shopping, I hope it didn’t give you a trauma.”

Mo Yeon grimaced. “A bit.”

“I already told my mom about this and asked her to tell all her friends to stay out from the subject. I don’t want any fusses on my wedding day.”

The doctor only smiled. “Thank you and don’t worry. I’ll be fine.”

At least, that was what Mo Yeon hoped.

When the day for Si Jin to end his deployment was coming closer, Mo Yeon was nervous. There were so many things she wanted to tell him during his absence, about their little one, and her work at the hospital. She didn’t understand why she had to feel that way. Perhaps she was excited for finally having her husband near her again.

She also met frequently with Myeong Ju. The General’s daughter also felt the nervousness on going to become a bride and she admitted to Mo Yeon spending time with the doctor eased her feelings.

The day before Si Jin returned to Korea, Mo Yeon had a video call with him from her laptop, discussing his arrival.

“What time will you arrive tomorrow?” Mo Yeon asked him.

“Around noon. Will you be there at the base?” Si Jin asked in return. He told her she had privilege as the family member to meet him there.

“Do you want me to be there?”

“Do you even have to ask? I haven’t seen you in three months. Of course, I want you to be there.”

“You can see me now.”

Si Jin sighed and then, chuckled. “It feels different.” And then, his eyes turned soft. “Don’t forget. Two days after I arrived, it’s our anniversary.”

“Oh yeah...” Mo Yeon blushed.

“So, I’d like to ask you something for that day. I only managed to ask you properly when we first met and I want to ask you again. Do you want to go out with me?”

“Eh?”

“Just ‘eh’? Gosh...I’ve been deployed to foreign country for nothing.”

The doctor chuckled. “It’s just weird. I mean, we already married. I will say yes without you even need to ask.”

“But, I still want to ask.” His eyes glinted on the screen. “What do you say, Dr. Kang? Will you go out with me?”

“Like a date?”

“Yes.”

Mo Yeon laughed lightly. Her heart turned erratic and she felt both nervous and excited. It felt like she would date for the first time. “What do you want me to say?”

“Say yes, honey.”

The doctor smiled sweetly. “Yes, honey.”

Si Jin smiled in return. “You gave me your word.” He pointed on the screen. “And wear that black dress. I want to see you wearing that.”

Mo Yeon blinked. “What?”

The next day, the day when Si Jin returned from his deployment, Mo Yeon went to the base after lunch from the hospital. Some families already there too, waiting for their loved ones, also the Colonel along with other soldiers. The doctor was playing with her fingers nervously. In matter of minutes, she would see her husband again. The sound of a plane from the distance alerted her and all the people that a C-17 would land.

Mo Yeon watched the plane landed, made a round, before finally stop and the door on the back of the plane opened. Soldiers were walking out from the plane and the doctor tried to find Si Jin. She did find him, he looked the same as the last time they said goodbye in Switzerland. Si Jin, too, easily found Mo Yeon and he smiled when their eyes met.

They held the arrival ceremony and the Colonel stated the soldiers were given a week off to spend with their families. When the soldiers were dismissed, Si Jin took a full stride to where Mo Yeon stood while the doctor only rooted on her spot. She wanted to run to him, but she couldn’t even move her legs. Seeing Si Jin again after the long three months was like a dream to her. The Major released his heavy bags and embranced his wife with a warm hug and Mo Yeon returned it. Si Jin rested his head on Mo Yeon’s shoulder, the doctor only closed her eyes, enjoying being on her husband’s embrance again. They didn’t say a word, just hugging, conveying their feelings to each other.

“I missed you,” finally Si Jin said.

Mo Yeon smiled. “Me too.”

The Major released his embrance and caressed his wife’s cheek. “How have you been?” He lay his hand on Mo Yeon’s belly. “And our little one?”

Mo Yeon chuckled. Her eyes brimmed with tears of happiness. “We’re good. We’re good now that you’re home.”

Si Jin smiled and embranced his wife again, letting her cry on his shoulder. “I’m home.”

The Major took Mo Yeon back to Haesung and promised to fetch her when her shift ended. Si Jin’s arrival made Mo Yeon happier and her friends, of course, noticed it. She even declined the offer to replace a doctor’s night shift schedule and took a day off on the day of her wedding anniversary. When her shift ended, Si Jin already waited her outside, next to his car. He drove her home, but before she even got the chance to open the front door, Si Jin stopped her.

“Close your eyes,” he said.

“Huh?”

“I have a surprise for you. Close your eyes.”

“How can I walk with my eyes closed?”

Si Jin sighed and chuckled. “Just trust me.”

Mo Yeon narrowed her eyes, but she relented. She closed her eyes and felt Si Jin held her hand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter