Ch 13

Descendants of The Sun - Book 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No biting nails chapter...at least, not yet..

Thank you for all your love for the story :)

Italic fonts = conversation on phone and military rank in Korean

Links

Mo Yeon's dress: http://imgur.com/e0V0b5w

Myeong Ju's dress: http://imgur.com/YZJabRw

13

 

“What is her problem?” Myeong Ju asked Mo Yeon when they were having lunch the next day after receiving the wedding invitation from Dr. Song.

Mo Yeon shrugged. She knew Myeong Ju was talking about Dr. Kim. “I never knew what her problem is. She always like that with me. Her parents are highly respected by Haesung board. She gets almost everything by connections. One of her patients’ family almost sued her from wrong diagnose if it wasn’t for me.”

“I bet if it was not because of her parents, she wouldn’t even step her feet on Haesung.”

“Now, you understand.”

“Does she always annoy you like that?”

“Always, every time, anytime.”

“Are you sure you can handle it? I mean, you’re pregnant now. Don’t let her stressed you out.”

Mo Yeon rolled her eyes. “I’m pregnant, not invalid. I can handle her before I’m pregnant and I can do it again while I’m pregnant.”

Myeong Ju pursed her lips. “Hmm...let’s do some make-overs.”

“The things involve my not-yet-big belly and Dr. Song’s wedding?”

The General's daughter grinned. “Exactly.”

“And what is that?”

“We’re going to make it a day to remember.”

Mo Yeon stared at Myeong Ju in disbelief. “I don’t like this at all.”

At night, Si Jin called Mo Yeon and the doctor told him about Dr. Song’s wedding.

“I’m sorry, I can’t come with you to the wedding.”

Mo Yeon smiled. “Don’t worry. I’ll go with Sergeant Major Seo and Myeong Ju.”

“You’ve learned.” She could hear the surprise on Si Jin’s voice when she mentioned Sergeant Seo’s new title.

“I promised to learn, didn’t I?”

“Is this another way for you to show your charm again?”

“Maybe.”

Mo Yeon heard Si Jin chuckled. “I really missed you and our little one.”

The doctor smiled wistfully. “We’ll see each other again in two months.” And then, she gasped. “Oh, right. In two months, isn’t it our...first anniversary?” Mo Yeon’s cheeks were blushing.

“If I think of it, I’m glad my deployment is over before our anniversary.” And then, Si Jin’s voice turned very soft. “Do you have any plans for that day?”

“Eh?” Mo Yeon blinked. “I don’t know...I mean, not yet. How about you?”

“I can think of something.”

The doctor chuckled. “Don’t try so hard to be more romantic than Sergeant Major Seo.”

“As the matter of fact, that’s what I’m trying to do.”

Mo Yeon smiled. “I missed you too.”

“When are you going to have your check up? Let me know, ok?”

“I’ll have my check up after Dr. Song’s wedding. Myeong Ju is planning something for me for that day.”

“What kind of plan? She’s not planning to have another man to accompany you, right?” Mo Yeon could sense Si Jin’s jealousy.

Mo Yeon pursed her lips. “Um...no?”

“That didn’t sound so convincing.”

“Call Myeong Ju, then, to convince you.”

“Calling her is more worst to get me convince.”

The doctor laughed lightly. “What could possibly happen? It’s just a wedding reception.”

“I said that to you on your reunion day and then, looked what happened.”

“I told you I didn’t want to come.”

“That’s the point.” Si Jin blew a breath from the other line. “I can’t ask you not to come this time.”

“Gosh...I already married to you, I have a wedding ring, and little one in my belly. Do you trust me?”

The Major sighed. “Alright...I trust you.”

“That didn’t sound so convincing.”

Si Jin could only laughed.

Mo Yeon found out Myeong Ju’s plan two days later. She suddenly appeared in Haesung, dragging her on lunch time to go dress shopping. The General’s daughter took Mo Yeon to one of the boutiques which was owned by her mother’s friend. Mo Yeon almost forgot Myeong Ju’s family was rich. Her mother was a successful businesswoman while her father was the General. No wonder her father wanted someone who was equal to her. She frowned when she remembered how Myeong Ju’s father once favored her husband to become his son-in-law.

“What’s wrong with the face?” Myeong Ju suddenly asked Mo Yeon while giving her a black dress. She looked over the dress and then, to the doctor. “This dress suits you. The black color concealed your figure. Maybe you can wear this dress again after Si Jin gets home.”

Mo Yeon blinked. “What?”

Myeong Ju grinned. “Nothing.”

The doctor eyed Myeong Ju suspiciously before looking at the dress and her eyes widened. She paid attention closely to the dress, it was a black dress, hanbok style with gold ribbon on the waist, and knee-length skirt. The one thing made Mo Yeon’s eyed widened was the dress had open shoulders.

“I can’t wear this,” Mo Yeon said.

“Why not?”

“I’m a doctor.”

Myeong Ju rolled her eyes. “You’re not working by the time you attend Dr. Song’s wedding.”

“Do you remember what I wore for Daniel’s wedding? At least, I want to wear a dress just like that.”

“That dress was barely a dress.”

“Myeong Ju!”

“I thought we had a deal.”

Mo Yeon blew a breath. “And what kind of dress will you wear?”

“This one,” Myeong Ju said cheerfully, showing Mo Yeon a cream colored long dress, no sleeves, but also had y look.

“Does the army know you’re going to wear that?” the doctor asked the General’s daughter in disbelief.

“What they don’t know, don’t hurt them. Besides, the soldiers who will see me wearing this dress probably Captain Lee and Dae-young. I can swear them to secrecy.”

“Right...I don’t think they’re going to keep it a secret to Si Jin if I wear this,” Mo Yeon showed Myeong Ju her black dress.

Myeong Ju chuckled. “Come on. This is the second time I can have fun to provoke another woman on a wedding.”

“The another woman is barely your friend.”

“It did too on the first time.”

“You mean, making me provoke another woman.”

“Now, you understand.”

Mo Yeon only chuckled in disbelief.

Myeong Ju grinned. “I take it you agree with me.” She gathered the two dresses and walked on the cashier with Mo Yeon behind her.

Both of them paid for the dresses when a woman appeared and Myeong Ju smiled at her.

“Mrs. Kim,” the General’s daughter greeted the woman.

The woman, she was on her 60s with stylish attire, smiled back and hugged Myeong Ju. Mo Yeon concluded the woman was Myeong Ju’s mother’s friend and the owner of the boutique.

“Myeong Ju, how are you? Oh, look how beautiful you are. I heard you’re getting married.”

Myeong Ju smiled. “I’m good, Mrs. Kim. Yes, my wedding is on the next two and a half months.”

“But, I heard you’re not going to marry that Captain.”

Mo Yeon froze, so did Myeong Ju. The latter gave a quick glance to Mo Yeon and sensed the awkward atmosphere.

Myeong Ju cleared and gave Mrs. Kim her smile again. “No, Mrs. Kim. The Captain is already married and he’s going to have a child. Well, he’s not a Captain anymore, he’s a Major. Besides, I don’t have feelings for him and he loves his wife very much.”

Myeong Ju’s answer didn’t make Mo Yeon felt better.

And she didn’t know why.

Her old insecurity just came back to haunt her.

“That’s too bad. I hope he didn’t regret his decision not interested in you.”

It was the moment when Mo Yeon couldn’t take it anymore. She quickly took her shopping bag and walked out from the boutique, leaving Myeong Ju and Mrs. Kim.

Myeong Ju only took a deep breath while Mrs. Kim watched Mo Yeon’s retreat figure with furrowed eyebrows.

“What’s wrong with her?” she asked.

The General’s daughter smiled again and patted Mrs. Kim’s shoulder. “Next time, maybe you can talk carefully about my father’s former arrangement, Mrs. Kim. I never agreed to it and I love someone else. As for that woman earlier, she’s my friend and...” She leaned closer and grimaced. “It happens she’s the Major’s wife.”

Mrs. Kim’s eyes widened. “Oh my...”

Myeong Ju patted the woman’s shoulder again before leaving the boutique.

Mo Yeon was standing next to Myeong Ju’s car with her head down, holding her shopping bag. Why of all places, someone just reminded her about the General’s former plan for Myeong Ju. Even after she was married, her old insecurity always haunt her.

“Hey,” Myeong Ju suddenly said to Mo Yeon. “Don’t listen to Mrs. Kim. She didn’t know the full story.”

“How many friends your family had who knew about your father’s former plan involving Si Jin?”

Myeong Ju sighed. “Mo Yeon, that’s not important, ok?”

Mo Yeon only looked at Myeong Ju and the latter blew a breath.

“If you want to know, fine. Well, what do you think? For several years, my dad wants your husband to become his son in law. I’m sure he talked to my mom and my mom told her friends. But, now it doesn’t matter anymore.”

“Of course, it does. Do you want me to show up on your wedding while everyone finally meet Si Jin and then, look at me with my big belly and bragging how beautiful you are and...”

“Mo Yeon!” Myeong Ju held the doctor’s shoulders.

The doctor only took several deep breaths and wiped her tears. “I’m sorry. I don’t know what happened to me.”

“I know what happened to you,” the General’s daughter said. “You’re pregnant and you have mood swings. You think too much. But, please, Mo Yeon. You are married to Si Jin. You know how much he loves you and how he was when he rescued you in Urk twice and protected you in Switzerland. Are you doubting his love?”

“No,” Mo Yeon said in low voice. “I’m doubting my mood swings.”

Myeong Ju chuckled. “Come on. I’ll take you back to Haesung. And please, don’t think about it anymore, ok?”

Mo Yeon nodded. “Ok.”

And Mo Yeon learned it was easier said than done. Her dejected feeling remained until she went home. She ate dinner with unpleasant mood and when Si Jin called her, she ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter