Ch 15

Descendants of The Sun - Book 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So very sorry for the late update. I’m so caught up with my sister’s wedding preparations, so I thought I’ll give you this before I go busy again. Starting from this chapter, there will be no sneak peek because...well, the story is about to end.

Thank you so much for the comments and subscribes.

Italic fonts = conversation on phone

Bold and italic fonts = conversation in English

15

 

After the celebration of his and Mo Yeon’s anniversary, Si Jin still has five more days before he returned to his work schedule at the base. He already planned to settle things he had to do for his family, and the first thing he wanted to do was looking for a house. Military base and Haesung were located in the different sides of the city, so he decided to own a house which was located in the middle of it. Another tricky part was what kind of house they wanted to own, and this involved about their future plan. Si Jin hinted several times to Mo Yeon that he wanted to have more than one child, that would be the main point on how many rooms they must had in the house.

In the middle of his musings and his research over a house from Mo Yeon’s laptop, his phone buzzed. Si Jin took his phone and chuckled when he saw the ID.

“Salute.”

“Salute. Gosh...can you just give me a moment of peace with my wife, Sergeant Major Seo?”

“I’m on my day off and I thought you would want to accompany me for a drink.”

“Why? Your fiance ditched you?”

“Myeong Ju is busy with her mother for arranging our wedding. I’m bored.”

“Seriously?”

“I’ll wait for you in our usual place.” And the Sergeant disconnected the call.

“Aisshhh...I didn’t even say yes,” Si Jin grumbled.

Later, Si Jin sat across the Sergeant with a cup of coffee and a sulking man in front of him.

“It’s good to see you again, Sergeant Seo. You’re still in one piece,” Si Jin grinned. “Congratulations on your promotion, by the way.”

“Thank you, sir. It’s good to see you again too,” Dae-young answered while smiling slightly. “I have to be in one piece for my wedding and I hope I’m not interrupting anything.”

Si Jin sighed. “Well, not really. I’m just looking for a house.”

“Are you planning to move?”

The Major nodded. “Soon, I hope.”

“Why?”

“Because I’m going to have a child?”

“Ah.” Dae-young smiled again. “How does it feel?”

Si Jin shrugged. “Nervous, happy...mix of it.” He sipped his coffee. “I heard about North Urk. Is UN’s influence going to change once the country get stable?”

“We don’t know about it yet. Urk still has a lot to do before UN completely trusts the government to rule the country.”

“And how’s your wedding preparations?”

“Good, I think.”

“Have you met her family?”

“Some of them. Why?”

“That’s good because some of them are still thinking I’m going to be the General’s son-in-law.”

“Huh?”

“And that caused my wife to avoid my phone calls and messages.”

“You were saying?”

“I’m still thinking on how to kill your fiancee for causing my wife had a bad mood.”

“Why is that to do with anything?”

Si Jin sighed. “Never mind.”

At night, Si Jin returned to his search of a house when Mo Yeon sat next to him after having their dinner.

“What are you doing?” she asked.

“Looking for a house,” he answered.

“Oh...” Mo Yeon looked over the laptop screen. “What kind of house do you want to have?”

“Comfortable enough to raise children.” Si Jin stared at Mo Yeon. “I want to ask you since this morning, how many children do you want to have?”

The doctor blinked. “Huh?”

“If we decide it now, we can look for the proper house.”

“Uh...well.” Mo Yeon blushed. “I never really thought about that. I mean, having family is not my top priority, but sometimes I imagine to have two children.”

“Ah, I see.” Si Jin smiled. “What about three?”

Mo Yeon narrowed her eyes. “You are so greedy.”

“I’m on negotiation with you now.”

“Why three?”

Si Jin shrugged. “I don’t know. I just want it.”

“You are a bad negotiator.”

“Maybe that was why I got that wound when we first met.”

The doctor blinked. “Huh?”

“Remember that wound? I was on a mission on DMZ area.”

Mo Yeon blew a breath. “You have got to be kidding me.” She squinted her eyes. “Don’t tell me that Mr. Ahn was the one who gave you that wound.”

Si Jin grimaced.

The doctor scoffed. “I should’ve killed him when I had the chance.”

The Major blinked. “What?”

Mo Yeon grinned devilishly. “I know anesthesia dosage which can make him blackout for three days.”

Si Jin blinked. “Remind me again not to get on your bad side.” He cleared his throat. “So, we agree on three?”

Mo Yeon sighed. “Let’s see about that.” And then, she looked at Si Jin with curiosity. “Is there any Special Forces members who have children?”

The Major nodded. “Of course. Do you know Sergeant Park from Team Bravo? He has a son.”

“Oh...”

“We got invited to his son’s birthday before me and Sergeant Seo were...” Si Jin’s eyes went wide, realizing his slip of tongue.

Mo Yeon looked at her husband curiously. “Before what?”

The Major cleared his throat. “Um...nothing.”

The doctor squinted her eyes. “What is it?”

“Nothing. Did I say anything?”

“You were saying something.”

“Are you sure?”

“Answer it or you’re going to sleep in the living room.”

Si Jin groaned. “Even if I answer it, I’m going to sleep in the living room anyway.”

“What did you and Sergeant Seo do after being invited to Sergeant Park’s son’s birthday?”

Si Jin’s shoulders slumped. “We had...a blind date.”

“Ah...that picture when I saw you smiling?”

“I told you, I wasn’t smiling.”

Mo Yeon sighed and rose from her position, Si Jin following her.

“You’re not angry, are you?”

Mo Yeon didn’t answer, only grabbed a pillow and shoved it to Si Jin’s arm. “No, but you’re sleeping outside.”

“What?”

“Good night,” Mo Yeon said and slammed the door in front of Si Jin’s face.

He sighed. “Honey, we haven’t finished discussing our house yet.”

No answer.

“She really could become the intelligent resources,” Si Jin muttered, knowing his wife special skill to make people say anything without them knowing.

Mo Yeon couldn’t sleep a wink after that. She just rolled on the bed for several hours before finally she gave up. She knew she didn’t need to feel jealous anymore. She and Si Jin were already married and they were going to have a child soon. Her pregnancy hormones were definitely something. Quietly, she opened the door, carrying a blanket with her. Mo Yeon saw Si Jin was indeed on the living room, curled up on their green couch. Her heart ached. What a toughtless person she was. Her husband must have been cold.

Mo Yeon sighed and put the blanket around her husband before she, too, lay next to him. She was basically clinging to him by the small space of the couch.

“I know you can’t sleep without me,” suddenly Si Jin said, making Mo Yeon blinked in surprise.

She looked up to see Si Jin and he smiled.

“I...thought...you’re sleeping.”

“I told you, you are my biggest problem when it comes to resting.”

“You’re cold.”

“I am,” Si Jin said. “But, as a soldier, I’m getting used to any situations, so I’m not complaining.”

“Are you making me feel bad to let you sleep here and without a blanket?”

“I’m trying to.”

Mo Yeon scoffed before snuggling to Si Jin’s embrance.

“See? I was right,” he said again.

“About what?” Mo Yeon mumbled.

“The smaller the bed, the better.”

Mo Yeon chuckled and closed her eyes, sighing deeply. “I was also right.”

“About what?”

“Don’t stay angry at each other for long.”

Si Jin laughed lightly and hugged his wife tightly to him. They could discuss about a house tomorrow, if they were lucky.

The discussion about their house continued the next day and this time without any hassels. Mo Yeon and Si Jin agreed about the three children and Si Jin began to look for a house which perfect for his family. After searching for a day, he finally had the house that he wanted and took Mo Yeon the day after to look over it. It was a medium house enough for them and Mo Yeon was quite surprise when Si Jin told her about it.

“Wow, this is perfect for us in the future,” Mo Yeon commented while looking around the empty spaces. The house had everything, four bedrooms, kitchen, bathroom, living room, dining room, even the space to do the laundry.

“Do you like it?” Si Jin asked.

Mo Yeon smiled. “I do. I’m surprised you can look for this house.” She nudged Si Jin with her elbow. “I don’t know you have taste.”

Si Jin grinned. “I told you, I’m husband material.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter