e i g h t

Ever Enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

W E N D Y

"Finally, you're here!" Chanyeol pulls me hurriedly inside the apartment as soon as he opens the door. He drags me towards the kitchen where Sehun and Soojung are arguing near the stove. She is angrily waving a ladle at him while he is trying his best to avoid it. After listening to them screaming at each other's throats, I somehow gathered that they are both fighting about Sehun forgetting to buy ingredients for our supposedly double dinner date at her apartment.

"You didn't tell me to buy anything, Soojung! I swear!"

"Why are you so egoistic? Can't you just admit that you were wrong and apologise?"

"I'm not! And, why should I apologise? You're the one who's in the wrong! Why do you always have to make trivial matters such a big deal? You're such a dramatic person, I swear. I don't even know why I am still with you." Both Chanyeol and I gasp at Sehun's last sentence. I am guessing he isn't supposed to say that out loud because he suddenly widens his eyes at his girlfriend. He shakes his head numerous of times and starts apologising.

Soojung sighs exasperatedly and slams the ladle on top of the kitchen counter. Chanyeol and I exchange looks as we watch at what is going to happen next. "I don't think we will be having dinner tonight." I whisper at him softly.

I expected Soojung to get all mad and shout all the profanities she knows in both English and Korean but she did none of that. Instead, she quickly untangles her apron and throws it down on the wooden floors. "Since you don't know why you're still with me, let me make it easier for you then. We're done. I am breaking up with you. Now, you don't have to wonder why." 

She walks away from him towards her room as she wipes her tears away that flooded her cheeks. Sehun follows behind her meekly as he apologises to her endlessly.

"Soojung, wait. I didn't really mean–" He is answered with a door slamming in front of his face.

Chanyeol looks around awkwardly, not really sure of what to do next. I purse my lips and tap his shoulders to get his attention. He looks down at me with glossy eyes , almost like a lost puppy. I smile at him. "Why don't you bring Sehun somewhere to talk while I comfort Soojung? I will call you once she has settled down and is stable."

He nods his head. Before he goes towards Sehun, he brings me closer and kisses the top of my head. He presses my bun a few times, treating it like a stress ball, and lets go of me. I scrunch my nose at him for doing that. I watch him drag Sehun away from the room door and goes out of the apartment, leaving me all alone in the kitchen.

I sigh and take a seat at the dining table instead. Knowing Soojung, it would take her at least twenty minutes to go out of her room. After taking of her and comforting her every time Sehun and her fought, I am pretty much used to this. The only difference is that this is their biggest fight yet after getting back together. They do argue at times but it was friendly and not as heated at this one. They usually make up after ten minutes.

For example, when Sehun accidentally invited Mark to their party, she was so pissed off with him. She started screaming at him over the loud music. The next thing I knew, they were making out on the sofa with her sitting on top of him after fifteen minutes.

Sehun and Soojung's relationship are envied by a lot of our friends. Nobody could have gussed that the pretty and popular fashion student would fall for a math genius who dreams to be a photographer. They are like the 'Rachel & Ross' couple in our clique. Everybody wanted to have a relationship just like theirs. But when they broke up over a huge argument, my favourite TV show suddenly became a reality. We always had to be wary around the both of them and it was hard to plan gatherings when they weren't in good terms. All of us celebrated when they decided to get back together again.

Now, I am not so sure if they are going to reconcile with each other. They haven't had such a heated argument in such a long time. They were always careful with their choice of words around each other, making sure to not start any fuel between them, much less a fire.

I heave out a sigh once again as I take out my phone and tap on the group chat consisting of all of our university friends. I notice that both Sehun and Soojung have left the chat. All of them are confused and bombard the chat with question marks and confused emojis.

S & K fought again. It was a huge argument and it got very heated. Prepare yourselves, guys. I had to notify them about their fight so that they could ready themselves for the worst.

 

 

It take me at least fifty knocks and kicking on the door to get Soojung out of the room. Both Chanyeol and Sehun are back inside the apartment. The latters looks frazzled with his hair sticking out in all directions. His eyes are swollen and his cheeks are stained with dried tears.

"Soojung, c'mon. Open up the door. Sehun has something to say." I say. She opens the door slowly, revealing her depressing state. She looks just as worst as her boyfriend. Her ponytail is lowered down and her frizzy fringe fills up her forehead. She is still crying and Sehun quickly envelops her into a hug.

"I'm sorry, Jung." He whispers at her. I watch sadly as she tries her best to get out of her grasp but gives up in the end. She wraps her arms around him instead. She cries even harder into his chest. He is shedding tears as well as he rubs her back soothingly. I didn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter