t h i r t e e n

Ever Enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
C H A N Y E O L

The past week has been the most torturing and draining week in the entire 26 years of my life. I had numerous meetings with the three biggest clients the company has ever had. My day mostly consists of meetings, work, designing and eating leftovers in my fridge which has probably gone bad.

My phone, which has been laying beside me on top of my pillow, vibrated. I groan and roll around my bed to face my phone. Today is my only free day before another hectic week starts again and I would really wish to spend it on my bed for the entire day. I click on the home button and read the message. Immediately, my stomach turned upside down. It is Wendy.

Hey, I miss you. Just wondering if you're still alive or if you're still my boyfriend. Reply me as soon as you see this or feel like talking to me, yeah?

I shut my eyes as I scream in frustration. When I open my eyes, her picture on my lockscreen greets me. I took the photo during one of our many dates. I brought her out to a new Western restaurant that opened near my office. I remembered how lovely and sweet she looked. She took the effort to look extra girly for me since it was our first monthsary. She wore a sleeveless white dress that is long enough to cover above her knees. She wore a white flower pin on the right side and tucked her hair behind her left ear, exposing her Pisces tattoo.

That was the exact moment when I knew I wanted to see that beautiful view everyday, for the rest of my life. Yet, here I am, breaking my own promise to myself and hurting her. I haven't been replying to her or keeping in contact with her for almost a week now. I felt guilty, I seriously do. But, I can't help it. Not when I am feeling my lowest. Not when Choi Sohee is still in town.

Choi Sohee. Just by mentioning her name makes my mouth feel a bit distasteful. Why did she have to come back when my life is finally coming to place? When I have already found Wendy? What did I do to feel the pain she gave me again?

My thoughts are disrupted when the doorbell rang. It isn't stopping so I groan loudly and reluctantly got up from my bed. Dragging myself towards the door, not even caring that I am half- and only wearing my sweatpants. I open the door without even looking through the peephole to see who it is.

"Yah! Just ring it once, you idio-" I stop screaming when I saw the petite and beautiful blonde in front of me. "Wendy. . ."

"Hi," she whispers softly enough for me to hear. I didn't ignore her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter