n i n e

Ever Enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

C H A N Y E O L

I grit my teeth and clench my fists as I watch Mark and Wendy having a conversation at our table. I am sitting a few tables away from them and the only view I have is of Mark. He looks happy and keeps on having that boyish smile on his face. I nearly throw my packet of fries on his face when his hands reach out to hers. Instead, I crumple the packet and throw it angrily on my tray.

When Mark asks if he could talk to Wendy, I really didn't want to allow him.

"Why don't you just say what you want to say in front of me, too?" I ask.

Mark chuckles, "I don't think it's none of your business. It's between only Wendy and me."

"Wendy's business is also my business since she is my girlfriend now." I feel Wendy squeezing my left thigh. I turn to glance at her. She looks a bit confused and nervous. There is no way I'm leaving her alone with that jerk.

To be honest, I don't know Mark that well to be calling him a jerk. I only know him as one of Sehun's university friends and met him a few times while going for drinks with the boys. I also know him as Wendy's ex-boyfriend who hurt her quite badly. That's why Sehun wanted to introduce me to her; to help her get over him.

"It won't take long, Chanyeol. I promise. I just need to talk things out with her." Mark pleads with me.

Judging by how tightly Wendy is gripping my thigh, I know that she didn't want to be left alone with him. She looks at me with glistening eyes and I could see her tears forming. I bring arm around her shoulder and rub it soothingly.

"Ssh, it's okay." I whisper at her. "I will be right behind you. Just talk to him for at least five minutes, okay?" She nods reluctantly.

I didn't want to give in to Mark but I really want both Wendy and him for ending things right. I could see how distracted she is whenever the topic of Mark comes up. I saw that his contact name on her phone still has a heart emoji next to it. (Of course, being the clingy boyfriend I am, I took her phone and put lots of different coloured hearts next to my contact name). I didn't want her to be stuck in the past and continue on with me in her life.

So, here I am, eating my burger angrily as I glare at Mark. I smirk when I see him look at me and shifting in his seat uncomfortably.

 

 

The drive back towards her place is eerily quiet. I turn up the radio to ease the atmosphere a bit. We haven't spoken to each other since left McDonald's. After Mark and Wendy were done talking, he gets up from his seat and nods his head at me before leaving. I quickly sat opposite of her and she looks a bit sad and angry. I couldn't comprehend her mixed expression. She abruptly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter