t w e l v e

Ever Enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

W E N D Y

Something has changed between us. I can just feel it.

He no longer looks at me attentively like he used to whenever I am talking about my day or how the customers today were so rude that it pissed me off so much. It takes him hours to reply to my messages when he used to reply instantly. I'm the one who always has to call or message him first when he usually is one step ahead of me. I tried to recall what I did in the last few days when I was with him to make him push me away like this but nothing pops up on my mind. To think about it, we only met twice for the entire week. He came by the shop to pass me my wallet that I had left at his apartment the other day and we had dinner at Sehun and Soojung's place. Even during the dinner, he was so extremely quiet that even Sehun thought it was ridiculous. He was named the mood-maker of their clique for a reason because he always brightens up the atmosphere but during the dinner, it was eerily quiet that I didn't even had the appetite to eat my favorite bolognese pasta cooked by Soojung.

I tied the green apron around my waist before going over to check my phone for any notifications or messages. I should really stop putting such high hopes on myself because I always end up being disappointed when there isn't any messages. I stare at the lockscreen of my phone for a while and sigh. It was a picture of Chanyeol and I at Jongdae's party. He thought I looked so beautiful that night since I was wearing a tight long black dress that showed my curves perfectly. Throughout the whole party, he didn't left my sight because he didn't want anyone else to have eyes on me.

Even when we were dancing amongst the other people on the dancefloor, he kept his grip on my waist tight, making sure that nobody goes near me. My hands were draped on his shoulders and I leaned my head on his right shoulder. His jacket gave out that strong and bittersweet cologne smell (which I used to hate but started to love after a while because it smells like Chanyeol). 

"You look so gorgeous tonight, Wendy. I'm one lucky guy," he whispers softly to my ears. His mouth was so near to my ear that his hot breath tickled me a bit.

I chuckled, "You have said that so many times today. Are you sure you're not drunk?"

He poked the sides of my waist playfully. "I'm not drunk. Okay, maybe a little." His words are slurring off as he leans his head on top of mine. It was a slow song playing in the background so we were swaying to the beat slowly.

"Well, that's your own fault. You drank all of my beer," I clucked my tongue. Before we went to the party, he promised me that he won't drink more than five cups of beer since he can't really take alcohol that well. I made that promise too since one of us had to be sober to drive us home. Jongdae suggested a drinking game during the party and I somehow ended up being the unlucky one for almost every round. The loser has to drink one full cup of beer in one shot. Every time I try to drink, Chanyeol took the cup away from me before I could even take a sip and finished it in one shot. The boys obviously whistled and cheered him on. Sehun and the rest made a pact to make me the loser for every round so that Chanyeol would have to drink it instead of me.

"I can't have my girl drunk. It's my responsibility to make sure that you are sober."

"You mean it's your responsibility to make sure that I am not sober so that I can drive the both of us

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter