t h r e e

Ever Enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

W E N D Y

As I enter the store, all eyes are on me and my employees are already snickering at me. The two girls whistled as they compliment me, saying that I looked a bit too pretty today. I roll my eyes at them as I bring in a new batch of flowers which has just arrived. Soojung must have told them about my date with Chanyeol. Sometimes, I really can't stand her nosy and talkative nature but I still love her in the end because she accepts me for who I am.

Speaking of the Devil, Soojung comes out from the office and scans my body. She smirks at me as she said that she approved my outfit. "I have never seen you in a dress before! It really looks nice on you."

I didn't know why but I just felt like being girly today and wear the only dress I own in a wardrobe full of T-Shirts and sweaters. It isn't even a fancy or nice dress anyways. It is a simple white-coloured lace sleeve dress that is long enough to cover my knees. I bought the dress almost five years ago and wore it once to my uncle's wedding. I haven't touched it yet since then.

"What time are you meeting Chanyeol?" Soojung asks as she takes over the box of sunflowers from me and puts it behind the counter.

"He said he's free during lunchtime. But maybe I should postpone it. The remaining flowers haven't arrived yet and we don't have enough manpower." The delivery is supposed to be here 40 minutes ago but only the sunflowers and daisies arrived. I was so ready to curse at the delivery company but it would just ruined my mood for the day.

Soojung clucks her tongue at me and shakes her head. "You should just go for the date! Don't postpone it!"

"But we don't even have–"

"Wendy Son! You're going to that date with Chanyeol and that's final." Soojung raises her voice at me. Being the younger one, she has always been polite and reserved. I had never seen this side of her before. She looks determined to give me another lecture if I say to her again that we don't have enough manpower. "Don't worry about it. I will call Sehun and the boys to help us. You should just go! It's already noon and he's probably waiting for you already!"

Before I could even fight back, she has already pushed me out of the store with the help of Yeri and Joy, our employees. Soojung then pushes me inside my car that is parked outside of the store. She waves me goodbye after making sure that I had already locked the car.

As I started to drive, I wondered. Where the hell am I even driving to? Chanyeol hasn't even called or texted me yet. I stopped the car at one corner and check my phone. Looking at the time, it is already a few minutes past noon. I stared hard at my phone, waiting for a notification from him to pop up. Wait a minute, he didn't tell me what time is his lunchtime is. It could be 12 or 1, right?

Just as I cursed at myself for being so dumb, my phone rings. I instantly picked up without checking who it is. "Hello?"

"Were you waiting for my call?" I could hear his chortle from the other line.

"No, I wasn't."

"Liar."

"I'm too busy to even think about you. Besides, what makes you think I was waiting for you?"

"Well, you picked up the call only after two rings. But it's okay. I will let you win today."

A smile crept on my face as I dig my nails on the steering wheel a bit too hard. How is it even possible that he is able to make me feel this shy? We had just met

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter