f i v e

Ever Enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

W E N D Y

After getting our wrists tattoed, we decide to go to McDonald's as we are getting hungry. My stomach is craving for a cheeseburger so badly that I almost ordered delivery at the tattoo shop. While Chanyeol queues up, I find a spot for us to sit. Since it's a Saturday, the place is a bit full. Thankfully, an elderly couple offered their two empty seats to us. I bow to them out of respect and take a seat.

I look around and notice that a lot of families are here, hence the noise. Children are running around with their Kid's Meal toys as the parents are trying to finish their meal. Seeing them makes me think of my family and a part of me actually misses them. I make a mental note to call my mother once I reach home tonight.

Chanyeol keeps turning to me and glancing me, as if he is making sure that I won't run away. I look over to my right hand and touch the bandage on my right wrist. I fight the urge to open it up and see the ship's wheel tattoo I had gotten. Mom is really going to kill me again. She still hasn't forgiven me for getting my first tattoo. I am still a bit puzzled as to how she hasn't found out about the tattoo below my ear. It is always visible as I rarely let my hair down and tie it up into a ponytail whenver I go over to my parents' home for dinner on Sundays. My parents stay at a really old building and doesn't have air-conditioners so it gets really hot, especially during the summer.

It's either she is turning a blind eye to my Pisces tattoo and is waiting for me to fess up to her about it or she simply can't see it. I don't blame her eyesight, though. She has been wearing glasses since young and is short-sighted. That's why I always sit next to my dad instead at the furthest end of the dining table. I can't imagine her wrath that I have to experience when she sees my new tattoo.

Honestly, I'm not even sure why I agreed to get matching tattoos with him. We had just known each other for barely a day (to be exact, 26 hours and 18 minutes) and I don't even know a single thing about him except that he is an architect and is two years older than me. 

Something about him gives me a vibe, the good kind. The vibe is like an electrical feeling you get when your crush accidentally touches your hand. It zaps painfully but ironically it doesn't stings you. It just leaves you feeling wanting more of that zap, although it can dangerously harm you.

I snap out of my daze when I see him smiling gleefully as he walks carefully and holds onto the tray. He gives me the cheeseburger that I have been craving as well as my fries and drink. I help him to put down his meal from the tray before he sits opposite of me. We eat in silence but it isn't that awkward or uncomfortable. The mix of pop music playing and screamings of the children from the background makes it seem as if we are at the party and on the rooftop again.

To think about it, we ate the exactly same meal as yesterday on that rooftop. I stop eating my burger when I realised that I am going against my diet rule (do not eat burgers twice a week).

"What's wrong?" Chanyeol asks when he notices that I had put down my burger and stop eating. "You don't like it?"

I shake my head, "No, it isn't that. I . . . I had just broken my diet rule and I feel guilty about it." I hang my head low in embarrassment.

He sniggers and shoves a few fries in my mouth. I give him a scowl and unwillingly chew on the fries. If I throw it out of my mouth, it would just make me look like a fool in front of him and I didn't want that. "Why do you even have to go on a diet? You've have an amazing body, to be honest."

My cheeks ge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter