s i x

Ever Enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

W E N D Y

Fortunately, Chanyeol has to attend a meeting with his client so he couldn't make it for our 'date'. Usually, I would get a bit grumpy if a guy cancels on me at the last minute but I actually feel relieved. I felt so nervous for the whole night. I couldn't even sleep and keep on tossing and turning around my bed. I blame my big mouth for the uneasy feeling I had. Out of all the date suggestions I could recommend, I just had to invite him over to a family dinner.

I know he said he is alright and comfortable with it but I didn't know how he feels in the inside. Awkward? Freaked out by me? I am so afraid that his first impression of me would change because of this. Thankfully, the Heavens are on my side and I didn't have to face this dilemma later on. 

I leave a text to Chanyeol, saying that I am on my way to my parent's home. I actually wanted to call him but I didn't want to disturb him during his meeting. Not even a minute has passed and I receive a reply with him full of kissing and heart emojis. Thinking about kisses just makes me feel giddy and blush. Other than the awkward date that could have happened, I couldn't stop thinking about how delicious his lips are. He is such a good kisser. We would have stayed in his car with our faces in each other and kissing for hours if Sehun and Soojung hadn't spotted his car outside the restaurant and knocked on the window. Why were the two lovebirds walking around that neighbourhood anyways?

When I asked Soojung, all she replied to me was: "We wanted to spy on the both of you and Sehun was hungry too, anyways." I really like how honest she is but she can be a bit too honest to the point where I feel like slapping her at times.

 

 

 

"Your parents are still alive, Wendy." My mother comments.

"Hm?" I look up from my phone to see her glaring at me from the end of the table. I have been texting with Chanyeol ever since I arrived and I don't think my mother is pleased about it.

"You might as well have not come today since you have been staring at your phone for the entire time. Did you forget that you are having lunch with your family? You haven't even touched your food, yet."

I quickly slip my phone into the front pockets of my jeans before my mother could make another comment. "Sorry, mum."

"Noona​​​​​​, do you have a boyfriend now? Is that why you have been texting so much?" My younger brother, Seunghee, makes a remark. I glare at him and got even more furious as he smirks at me. My parents are turning their heads at me, hoping to hear a positive answer.

"It's none of your business." I whisper snarkily at him before poking at my chicken. I pull down the sleeves of my long-sleeved blouse as it suddenly went up when I wanted to tie my hair. I almost exposed my new tattoo. It may be a bad choice to wear such a thick and long top but I would rather suffer in the heat than facing the wrath of my mother when she sees the tattoo. I end up putting my hair into one side instead as sweat is starting to form around my neck.

"What? Our Wendy has a boyfriend now?" My dad asks. He has always been protective of me since I was young. Whenever I told him I wanted to go out with my friends during high school, he wanted me to give him a list of people coming and an itinerary of the places we will be going to. He has never approve my past boyfriends and always manages to scare them off. 

"No, dad. Seunghee is just spouting nonsense, as usual." I step on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter