f i f t e e n

Ever Enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

W E N D Y

 Wanna go for a midnight drive?

As soon as I saw the text, I let the only part-timer working today, Jaehyun, to go off early today and decide to close the shop early. Business is pretty slow today, as usual since it is a weekday. We don't get much customers during weekdays and we haven't been making much too, which is making me worried but I know we will survive this somehow.

Chanyeol probably had a rough day today so I guess that's why he send me that text. It has been our routine to go for night drives lately. He has been cooped up at work with a lot of projects so he doesn't really have the time to meet me like how he used to when we were in the first few weeks of our relationship. He did try to meet me a few times before but he always had to cancel last minute due to meetings with his clients or whatnot. I am not the type to get angry at him for doing that but I am just worried for his health. He doesn't really take care of himself well when he's too busy with work. He often skips meals so that's why I  have been storing side dishes and snacks inside his kitchen. (Technically, it's our home now, I guess. He gave me a set of keys two weeks ago after he got tired of me pestering him to let me in his apartment to store the meals. There are a few nights where I slept over but I haven't reached the stage where I permanently live there, just not yet.)

It is still a few hours before midnight so I busied myself with some paperwork and did stock checking. Soojung took the day off to spend time with Sehun (as always, what's new) but I let her off today since it has been a while since the two spend time with each other. Sehun is back to freelancing as a photographer and he has been busy with taking photos for corporate events, weddings and whatnot. Soojung has been complaining to me everyday how Sehun has been too busy for her and doesn't reply to her on time. Any minute more of her babbling would have made me gone crazy so I decided to give her an off day.

I walk towards the fridge to take a look at the small box which contains Chanyeol's favorite cupcakes from the bakery near our store. I brought him there once for a little date and he immediately fell in love with the hot chocolate and cupcakes. Fortunately, the owner of the bakery and I are quite close and he gave me the cupcakes free of charge after I told him I wanted to get it for my boyfriend's birthday.

Chanyeol has been so busy lately that I think he actually forgot his own birthday. When he was driving me home one night, I asked him what he wanted for his special day and he claims that it isn't that soon yet when his birthday was in two weeks more. I wasn't sure of what to get him just yet so I hope the cupcakes would suffice.

 

 

I rub my arms together and pull my coat closer as I brave through the cold. I have already closed and locked up the store so I am just waiting for Chanyeol to arrive. He is late, again, but I'm not complaining or feeling bitter about it. I am just worried that the cupcakes would melt. The frosting won't taste as nice when it is all melted.

When I notice the familiar jeep approaching towards, I immediately smiled and walk nearer towards the car. I immediately hop inside and closed the door quickly, increasing the heater as Chanyeol drives off. After adjusting myself and putting on the seatbelt, I turn to the driver and peck him on his cheek. He chuckles and reciprocates back by taking my left hand and planting a huge kiss on it.

"How are you today, babe?" He asks. His husky voice makes me giddy as always. I smile at him and tell him about my normal day. I did telll him about the exciting incident that happened to Jaehyun. Just as I mentioned the name, his face turns sour. Noticing the jealousy emitting out of him, I grin and admire his face. How much cuter can he get, I swear. "Jaehyun? Who is this new part-timer you hired without my permission? Is he handsome or cuter than me? Why didn't you tell me?" He groans.

"Yes, Jaehyun is sooo handsome. And cute." I reply teasingly. He tightens his grip on my hand as he listens to me. "He's definitely gay too."

"Oh," is all he could say. I couldn't help but to laugh at his defeated look right now. Just as the traffic light turned red, I take out my phone and snap a picture of the innocent look he has on h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter