t e n

Ever Enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

W E N D Y

"And, do you know what else he demanded? He wanted those high-quality floor tiles but his budget isn't even enough!" Chanyeol groans, "I really hate these type of bossy clients who think that they can get whatever they want."

I do feel bad for him as I listen to him grumbling on and on about his fussy client. Our store entertains the same type of customers too sometimes so I understand how frustrated he is. But my mind keeps on stirring off, thinking about how I am going to tell him about what happened in the past.

Mark just has to conveniently appear at McDonald's and ruined my chances of finally forgetting about him. It didn't help either that Chanyeol left me alone to talk it out with him. For the entire conversation, I kept my mouth mum as he talks on and on. There is nothing for us to even talk about. I clearly ended off things with him but he is always finding chances to get me back.

If it was the old me, I would have surrendered myself to him willingly and went home with him. I am no longer the old me and my heart no longer yearns for him. It is only racing fast whenever my mind thinks of someone: Park Chanyeol. And I hope it stays that way for a long time.

"Yah . . . is my complaining that boring?" Chanyeol asks. I accidentally let out a yawn when I shouldn't. I smile apologetically at him and he scrunches his nose at me. He sits up on the bed, resting his back at the headboard. He taps his chest and I immediately crawl towards him to lie on his chest. He knows I like the feeling of cuddling and being close with him so he is pretty much used to this.

His hands are rubbing my arms soothingly as he plants kisses on the top of my head. This is it. I breathe in deeply before gathering my words. Chanyeol has been nothing but great to me. I think he is the most perfect man I have ever met (though Soojung would disagree about it as she thinks Sehun is the most perfect man). He deserves all the love from the world and hiding secrets from him would be the last thing I would ever do. That is why I am so willing to tell him about Mark, my past and everything he doesn't know. He deserves to know.

"Can I ask you one thing before I start?" He hums, signalling me to continue on. "Will you break up with me . . . after knowing about my past?"

He keeps quiet for a while before letting out a laugh. "You silly!" His husky voice is so much. "That's such a stupid reason to break up."

"I'm being serious here, Chanyeol."

"I am too. You should only break up with someone because you don't love or feel the same way about her anymore. Not because of her past."

"But you may not love me anymore after knowing about my past . . ."

He props my chin up with his finger so that I will be able to look at him in the darkness. He leans forward and kisses my forehead. "The you that you are now is the same you I will be in love with tomorrow or any other day."

"You sure?"

"Positive."

I purse my lips. My heart is beating anxiously. "I first met Mark through Sehun in university. They had the same modules and were in the same classes together. He always joined us during lunch break and we eventually got closer as time passes by. Don't be surprised but I was the one who asked him out first."

He looks at me in disbelief. "What?" He asks sarcastically.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter