Hopeless situation

Destiny 운명
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The last time when Seunghyun chose to separate from his men, Seungri had argued against it.  But this time he didn’t put any arguments, although this time the route Seunghyun propose is a risky one.

It will take them a day ride through the hills. They need to be extra careful not to be discovered by the local clans or worse the enemy. And damn they only had two days.

Seunghyun pull his horse rein and made a circle around Seungri. He was watching Seungri like he want to say something.

‘You think I’m going to sell you to the enemy?’ Seungri said and now they were circling each other.

‘I’m a good rider.’ Seunghyun said before his heels kick his horse's rib and made the animal sprang forward.

Both of them ride very fast but they can’t maintain the pace because they can’t risk to make the horse fatigue or injured. After a few hours of riding they stop on the stream.

While they relax, suddenly they heard a loud noise. Seunghyun sneak quietly to the direction of the noise as he was overwhelmed by the curiosity. And Seungri join him.

It’s was in perfect formation of blue marching through the length of the valley.  And when he heard the sound of the horn, adrenaline start pumping in Seungri's body.

Because, this kind of standard only belong to commander Kwon Jiyong. His brother.

The sense and the yearning to return home threatened to overwhelm him. It feel so right to join them.

Seungri turn and Seunghyun was watching him.

‘They are near than I expected.’

‘I really can sell you to them,’ Seungri said jokingly

In fact he don’t even need to do that. He just need to wait. Normally there were riders patrolling the hills.

The sound of the horn blaring through the air again and every nerve inside Seungri’s body are screaming to it. Home was so close. He can take Seunghyun and deliver him to his enemy. The desire to do that pounded in his blood. Nothing was going to stand in his way.

Seungri close his eyes briefly.

‘You need to take cover for a while,’ he said. ‘I will watch them.’

‘Okay,’ Seunghyun reply as his eyes was lock with Seungri’s eyes.

 

 

 

Not even Seunghyun had been out of sight for ten minutes, Seungri feel the sound of vibration under his feet. He barely hide in time when the two riders pass by.

He need to be extra careful, not because for Seunghyun’s sake, but also for his own. He was wearing the prince’s cloth and an encounter with his own troop would be the last thing he want.

Seungri go out only when he make sure his surrounding is really safe. He prefer walking and it take him one hour to scout the area and to know the pattern of their patrolling.

Seungri return to his horse which he hide it in the cave. It was a perfect spot to choose. The entrance of the cave was hidden from most angles and the danger of being discover is low.

The sound of the stone moving made Seungri turn and he was surprise to see Seunghyun emerged behind him.

‘I thought you already go back,’ Seungri said.

‘I think the chance of they kill me are low. You see, I’m too valuable to this political game. Even if my Daewongum-mama don’t spare me, which I know he would, and I like to see his reaction when he heard the news. This may not be an ideal situation for him at all. Do you think I can make a deal with Kwon Jiyong?’

Seungri frown. The idea of Seunghyun and the politics of his country did not make an appealing thought.

‘Your know, I really don’t need to tell them that you’re a prince.’

‘I know. It’s because of my overflowing charm,’ Seunghyun reply.

‘Before we go I need you to tell me about Kwon Jiyong. Did he somehow had break orders and attacked my country?’

‘I think he had break orders.’ Seungri answer. ‘I don’t know what the cause, but now it’s happening, you can expect that he get support from all the lords. Believe me they would be more happy to declare war.’

‘But the northern provinces are a major threat to the emperor. It would be easier if the emperor sacrifice them.’

‘The emperor would never--—’ Seungri stopped.

His half brother will not sacrifice something he had worked hard to get. But --

Then something occur to Seungri. To return home will only weaken his country even more.

‘To get what you want, you have to know how much you willing to give up.’ Seunghyun’s eyes were looking straight at Seungri.

‘Don’t you think your ex lover know that?’

Seungri take a steady breath. ‘We should go.’

 

 

It should been clear. He had been so careful. He had been watching everything but he made a mistake. Actually, he di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter