Trust

Destiny 운명
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Seungri lay on the thin sheets as his eyes fix on the ceiling. The room was quite dark and quiet. He can’t sleep. He turn to look on his left and saw Seunghyun sleep like log on the comfort bed. The prince sleep like Seungri’s presence don’t matter to him, as though Seungri is no threaten to him.

Does this mean the prince had trust him? But Seungri’s judgement say this is definitely not a trust because the prince never trust anyone. And its not his fault since no one in his his country can think in a straight line. 

Seungri don’t understand him. He don’t understand why Seunghyun tell him that. He doubt that the prince understand the effect his words had on him.

In this dark and quiet room, when there were no distractions, it’s easier for his mind to remember the past.

Hyunseung, his brother or he should call his half brother.

He is the illegitimate son of his father’s concubine. He is four years old older than him. Seungri’s mother is the queen and because she had countless miscarriages, his father begin to think that the queen can’t give him child.

Miracle happen when Seungri’s mother become pregnant but fate seems has its own way. The queen died as soon as she give birth to Seungri, the legitimate heir.

Seungri grow up under Hyunseung’s shadow. He admire him too much and determine to be like him in every way.

He still remembered Jiyong, his most trusted person words...

Your brother always think that he should be the emperor The thing that you took it from him. He can’t accept defeat, what make you think he can accept the fact that he was never given his ‘chance’. All he ever need was someone to whisper in his ear that he should take his ‘chance’. You should be careful.

 

But he refused to believe any of it.

His thoughts shattered as soon as he heard noise downstairs.

Seungri immediately rise to his feet. He wear his cloth in rush then go to the bed to wake Seunghyun up and the prince jolt from his touch.

‘We need to go,’ Seungri whispered and Seunghyun already pushing himself up from the bed. He wear his cloth as fast as he could while Seungri open the window to the balcony. He feels the cool night breeze on his face.

This is not going to be an easy escape. They were at second floor.  Jumping is hard to do. If they fall it might not be fatal, but it can break bones. The voice was getting louder and that mean they are getting closer.

Both of them inspect the balcony. There was nothing they can grip. Seungri look around while looking for a way to climb to the roof. They saw it almost at the same time. There is a place they can climb but the problem is they need to jump to the next balcony. And it seems very far.

‘Can you make it?’ Seunghyun asked.

‘I can try,’ Seungri reply.

Seungri jump and he manage to grip the rail of the balcony. He pause for a moment afraid if he make a sound, then he quickly pull himself on the other side the balcony.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter