Walking with the enemy

Destiny 운명
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The last time he made a request like this the prince has come directly to see him. So he was expected no less now. He stand up in urgent when the door of his room was being open.

But it's not the prince, but the King is entering his room alone while dismissing all the guards. Seungri immediately kneel on his knees and bow his head.

‘Jeonha,’ he said.

‘Stand up,’ the King order and Seungri stand up slowly.

‘You must feel happy that my nephew is leaving,’ the king told him but Seungri realise that it was not a good question to answer.

‘I’m sure wang-seja jeonha will do honour for his country,’ Seungri reply.

The king look at him. ‘You're quite diplomatic. For a soldier.’

Seungri held his breath. The air was hot and thin.

‘Jeonha,’ he said while show obedient manner.

‘I wait for your answer.’

Seungri inhale a deep breath. ‘I’m—glad that wang-seja jeonha is doing his duty. A prince should learn how to lead before he become a king.’

The king still hold his gaze at Seungri while considering his words. ‘My nephew is a difficult case. Many people would think that leadership is a quality that run naturally in the blood of a king’s heir and not something that can be forced. But then, he is a second born.’

Seungri still bow his head while his mind think what is the reason for a man of his status to visit a slave.

‘Why don’t you tell me what really happened last night?’ the king ask.

‘Jeonha. You already hear the story from wang-seja jeonha’

‘I think my nephew is not telling the real story.’

Seungri remain silent, though the urge to speak feel like being poke by thousand needle.

‘Speak,’ the king said. ‘You will not be punished, I promised.’

‘I...’

There was a footstep in the hallway. Seungri shift his eyes at the door with a guilty heart.

‘Daewongum-mama.’

‘Seunghyun.’

‘Can I ask what do want from my slave?’

‘I’m just going to ask him something.’

Seunghyun step a little closer. ‘He is not my lover.’

‘I’m not curious what you do in your bed,’ the king said. ‘But I’m curious about what happened in your rooms last night.’

‘I think we have settle that?’

‘Only half of it. I need to hear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter