Winning

Destiny 운명
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

He curse himself. He was to focus to chase the spy and now the prince’s life is at the stake.

They had plan a three stage of attack. First, the town. Second, the troop. Third, if the prince and his men manage to survive, they plan to ambush them when they were weak because of the injuries.

This is what the king want; to separate the prince from his men.

Seunghyun and his spider web brain must see ‘this’ trap, Seungri realize. But in order to protect his messenger who carried his seal, the prince is willing to jeopardize his safety when he walk away from his only protector.

Seungri try to put himself in Seunghyun’s situation, even try to think like him. Then he realise that he can’t even make a first guess. The prince was too impossible to predict.

The sun is rising straight on his head and Seungri realize that the ride will get hard as he pass by the hot rocky hills. Seungri kick his horse on the ribs and ride hard back to the camp.

 

 

(Flashback)

Seungri’s mind is crowded with so many things. He begins to feel the heat from the power feud between the prince and his uncle. The war is definitely coming and he need to protect his country. But if he return now, it only make thing worse as his country was already in weaker state.

He carefully walk to the inn, but it seem quiet. So he decided to go inside and meet the head of the house. After bribe the man with Seunghyun’s gold coin, Seungri got a cold feet when he realise that there were two spy and they were heading the same direction as the prince’s messenger.

After asking the head of the house to prepare him a horse, Seungri begin to chase after the spy. Three weeks of pouring over maps in the prince’s tent meaning that Seungri has memorize all road that the messenger would take. He will use it to his advantage and try to cut the spy off before they were able to kill the messenger.

He was lucky, he manage to catch up with them. When the spy realize Seungri’s presence, they decide to attack him. Seungri crash his horse and made all of them fall from their horse. Without wasting a time, he get up and manage to kill the first spy by stabbing the man in the stomach. The second spy lost his sword but unlike his friend, he manage to scramble and try to run away.

Seungri immediately chase the spy. He run so fast and Seungri almost can’t catch him, but he feel that luck strike again when the man suddenly twisted his ankle and scramble down on the rocky hill. The spy growl in pain and try to throw a rock at Seungri which he manage to dodge.

Seungri drag the spy up. ‘Tell me who sent you?’ The spy remain silent, but Seungri can see his face full of fear. He figured out the best way to get the spy to talk.

‘Tell me who sent you?!’ The hard blow snap the spy’s head to one side, and blood spill from his split lips.

‘Let me go!’ the spy said. ‘Let me go, and you might have time to save your prince.’ he snickered.

Seungri drag the spy and push him hard to the tree. ‘Tell me what do you know?!’ he growl.

And when the spy start talking, Seungri’s face was pale as sheets. He look up to see the position of the sun, then he look at the vast, empty land around him.

We will wait for you for one day. Seungri let out a curse. He was going to be too late.

 

 

Seungri’s heart skip a beat when he see black thick smoke that give unpleasant smell from afar.

He immediately get down from his horse as his eyes searching for the familiar face among the injured people. And just as he was about to feel his fear, Seungri saw the prince. Seunghyun just step out from the tent, he also become still when he see Seungri.

‘You’re alive,’ Seungri said as he walk to Seunghyun.

‘I’m alive,’ Seunghyun reply and they were looking at each other. ‘You come back.’

‘Yes, I come back,’ Seungr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter