Exposed

Seventeen Blossom

My hands were shaking uncontrollably as the beads of tears that I held in flowed out of my eyes and dripped onto the pictures I was holding, everything made sense now.

I dragged myself to the school with the feeling of disgust to the pits of my stomach. Everyone looked my way as I lifelessly slide the classroom door open and stroll towards my seat.

"YooJung!" I heard a voice called me out, it was RaYeon. I had known this voice for the past five years and I am always glad that the owner of this voice was by my side since then, "Omo! Why do you look so pale."

"RaYeon." My voice trembled on its own, I had found out something terrible this morning when I received the package from the deliveryman. Something that I wish never happened, something that I wish i had never found out. The aching feeling got stronger as i blankly turned my face towards RaYeon, my eyes started to sting as I tried to hold in the water in my eyes.

I had wanted to turn a blind eye on it but I couldn't, how can someone I love and cherish do something like this to me.. Someone so precious to me..

 

 

 

"It was you wasn't it?" I asked with my shaky voice as I held my breath in hoping that she would deny everything and continue to pretend to be my friend but my mind was full of questions.

"W-What are you talking about? YooJung ah-" Her pupils trembled as she looked at me with an unbelievable look and held onto my shoulders anxiously, "Are you sick?"

I violently pulled her hand away from my shoulder and glared at her as the water in my left eye rolled out, "RaYeon. You're the one who is sick."

The class then became quiet and the focus was on us.

"YooJung what do you mean?" She asked as her eyes widen, and her breathing became unstable.

"Do I really have to explain to you?" I shut my eyes as I lowered my head before lifting it up with a cracked smile, "You like JooHyuk don't you?"

"What are you saying-" RaYeon carefully asked before I cut her off and continued.

I laughed hysterically as I wiped the tear stains off my face and raised my voice for everyone to hear, "You manipulated YiAh and the rest of the girls into bullying me at the back of the sports hall. You posted the photos onto the school's SNS and tipped off the information to the reporters. You manipulated a girl who was a fan of JooHyuk to pour drainage water onto me in the toilet. You told the crazy fans about my whereabouts so they can vandalize my table without anyone finding out. You dyed my shoes in red dye. You pasted my picture in front of my locker. Are you seriously asking me what am I saying? Do I have to expose you more?"

"How did you-" RaYeon asked in fear and shock as she didn't know she would blow her cover ever with this wonderful plan of hers to disguise as my bestfriend.

"You were the only one I told about the location where I was meeting with JooHyuk. You even gave me a wig as if you were already prepared beforehand when the reporters came and only the student of the school can utilize the school SNS. I am pretty sure none of the fan girls that day was from our school so they wouldn't even be able to recognize me. You did all these because you like JooHyuk and you were jealous." I smiled and took the envelope i received this morning out with all the pictures, "I had hired an undercover in this school ya RaYeon, she took photos of your disgusting acts these past few weeks. You were even worst than I thought."

I threw the photos that I took out from the envelope at her, "Take a good look at yourself."

She picked up the photos from the floor and scanned them before crushing them and laughed. 

"Ah-" She broke into a twisted grin and chuckled, "I was having so much fun, why did you have to find out about this so early.. I have even more things to torture you with. Should I do it now?"

"Do you even have any feelings? Do you even have a tiny bit of guilt? You ruined our friendship. You nearly killed JooHyuk's career." I clenched my hands in pain, all these years of being friends were nothing to her, "When did you stop being my friend?'

"I really hate you YooJung." RaYeon glared into my eyes coldly and I could feel the thousand of knifes stabbing into my heart, "I have hated you ever since we were friends. How are you always the one in the limelight and why am I always the sidekick in our friendship? You were born rich, and I am not so you always flaunt your money in front of me isn't it? To show off, you always buy me expensive things to show off! You always make the guys i like like you. Do you know the feeling when the guy you likes ask you for the number of your bestfriend? Do you know the feeling of being small?"

"You got it wrong, I treated you as my only family member! I wanted to give you the best so I bought you things because I really do cherish you as the only person who ever cared about me since we were friends!" I explained agitatedly.

"Lies." She said, "You don't even know how much pain I am in everyday in these five years. All you care about is you. I feel like I couldn't breathe properly every time I am with you, your voice makes me want to cringe so badly, and the way you smile makes me want to destroy them. I love it when I see you cry, just like now."

"You're sick. You need the doctor." I looked disappointedly at her.

She tilted her head and looked at me coldly as she said with a monotone voice, "You're the one who is sick."

"If you apologise now. I will apologise too and forget everything that had happened." I said sincerely.

The woman standing in front of me narrowed her eyes then burst out into laughter as she stared into my eyes unemotionally as if there was nothing inside of her anymore, a lone girl standing in the middle of the road in a snowing night.

"This is why I hate you." She said coldly, "Pretentious, manipulative, always acting like an angel. I stopped being your friends since years ago so why would I apologise? No, why should I?"

"I gave us a chance and you threw it away. Fine." I smirked mockingly and titled my head, "You know me RaYeon. We have been friends for so long, you know I will pay back to those who did me wrong, you know it deep down in your heart that you will always lose to me since the first time you do this kind of thing to me, you already lost. Since you know I will not do something so low and despicable."

RaYeon didn't say a word and stared at me with her poker face as her eyelids trembled, palm sweating refusing to admit the truth.

"You know that I am not a kind hearted person like those female leads in drama, I can be a too." I challenged, "I am going to make your life hell here."

"Oh stop with those acting." RaYeon chuckled, "Honey, save yourself first, everyone in this school hates you. Not me."

"With all these evidence in my hand, I am not going to file a lawsuit against you yet. I am not going to sue your parents until they are left without any penny, and I am not going to allow you to transfer school. I am going to make the one you love hate you." I smiled, "Its fine if everyone hates me but what if JooHyuk knows about all of these?"

"Don't you dare." She yelled worriedly as she widen her eyes, I could see the fire in it burning bright and big as she flipped the table beside her in anxiousness, "I am going to kill you if you dare to tell him."

"Dare me." I challenged confidently.

"No you're not!!" She screamed as she charged towards me with both her hands aiming on my neck, as I stepped back in surprised before she got hold of my neck, strangling me as my back landed on the floor, "I am going to kill you!"

"L-Let- go.." I managed to squeezed out a few words while I was choking.

"YooJung, you !" She yelled as sweat runs down her forehead, to her check and onto my face, "Are you flaunting that you have JooHyuk by your side now!"

I kept coughing as I struggled to get out of her grip as I held onto her hand, attempting to pull it away from my neck.

Her nails dug and scratched my neck.

My vision started contracting as little dark spots started showing up, my ears started to buzz as sweat broke out uncomfortably, my head was throbbing back and forth. I was trying to breathe, I can't catch my breath my heart won't slow down, taking so much effort to breathe that I almost gave up before I attempted to use all my left over strength to knee her in her stomach.

She let loose of her grip immediately as she felt the pain in her stomach while the rest of the classmates ran over to pull her away from me hurriedly.

"Let me go!" She screamed as she tried to struggle out of their grip while pouring out all her bottled up angers through her tired eyes that was filled with hatred for me.

I rubbed my neck to sooth the pain while some of my classmates helped me up from the floor.

"YooJung! Are you okay!" Kyungsoo's voice echoed the classroom as he ran towards us worriedly, "What happened!"

"Kyun-" I was over the moon to see him for I thought that I would have died without seeing him for the last time just now, I paused before reconsidering my address, "Mr Do."

We could only see each other in our eyes and I could see his concerns.

Suddenly, RaYeon laughed hysterically.

 

"I know your little dirty secret, do you want me to tell everyone?"

"What do you want to torture me with again." I said.

"Torturing you is my hobby, you know it." She replied heartlessly,

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Everyone, the little Kim YooJung and our Mr Do Kyungsoo is married."