You're such a monster

Seventeen Blossom

"Hahaha," The deep laughter came from the chairman himself as he looked at me in amuse, "Don't you think my new daughter-in-law is amazing?" he said as he glance over at Mrs Han.

Nobody in the room was expecting the chairman's reaction, not even me. Mrs Han was left speechless and all she could do was pretend to agree with him with her awkward smile.

I looked at Kyungsoo in victory and I was expecting him to return me a small smile but sadly, he was looking at someone else across the table with an expressionless face. I followed the direction of his eyes and saw him looking at SunHwa who was looking at Mrs Han uncomfortably.

Why is he looking at her when he is suppose to look at me? Excuse me Do Kyungsoo? 

Just like that, the breakfast ended and the family members hung out in the living room while the adults talk about business, as if their entire life consist of only business.

How boring.

I sat beside Kyungsoo on the sofa while SunHwa sat on the sofa beside ours, reading a book. It was so freaking awkward and I don't even dare exchange any eye contact with SunHwa because i just quarreled with her mother.

I cleared my throat and elbowed Kyungsoo lightly. He looked at me with the what do you want face.

"We need to talk." I said.

"About what?" He asked.

"What do you mean about what? Everything that just happened today? About you and your situation?" I raised my right brow and exclaimed softly.

"There is nothing to talk about, you've already seen it just now." Kyungsoo replied before gluing his eyes on SunHwa again.

Stop looking at her why are you looking at her?

"Fine, I am going to the washroom." I said, obviously pissed. Stomped my way towards the housemaid and she brought me to the guest washroom which was god damn far.

Honestly why the hell is he looking at her? Shouldn't he be praising me for standing up for him just now?

 

 

While i was in the washroom, SunHwa initiated a conversation with Kyungsoo.

"You know you can tell YooJung that I am not angry with her for talking to my mother like this." SunHwa said as she slot her bookmark in between the pages, stood up from her seat and sat down on the spot that I was sitting on just now.

"I apologies on behalf of her. She didn't mean it." Kyungsoo said sincerely.

"Its okay, I know my mother hasn't been very nice to you but I hope you can forgive her and ignore whatever she said." SunHwa looked apologetically at Kyungsoo.

"I know, I won't take it to heart." Kyungsoo gave her a small reassuring smile.

"Thats great!" SunHwa gave a relieved sigh before smiling at Kyungsoo, "We haven't been talking like this for a long time, I missed it."

"Yeah me too." Kyungsoo replied.

"Oh what happened to your neck?" SunHwa ask concernedly.

Kyungsoo was surprised by her questioned and immediately turn red. He covered the band-aid with his hand and replied, "Oh I accidentally scratched myself."

"Let me see." SunHwa tried removing Kyungsoo's hand away from his neck but Kyungsoo insisted on having them there.

"Nono its okay! Nothing serious." Kyungsoo panicked and smiled awkwardly.

"Kyungsoo are you hiding something from me?" SunHwa questioned with her brows knitted, "You've never hide anything from me ever since you were young."

 

I was walking back from the washroom and saw the both of them talking, I have no idea why but my guts told me to hide behind the stairs. So i did.

 

Kyungsoo gave SunHwa a cheeky smile as he said, "Why would I hide anything from you noona~".

I almost choked. Noona? Heol Do Kyungsoo. What a surprise. Do Kyungsoo you're dead! How dare you smile at her like this in front of your wife.

"Let me see!" SunHwa exclaimed and reached out for the band aid again. This time she successfully peeled the band aid off Kyungsoo's neck, revealing the bite and SunHwa's eyes widen in shock.

"Omo Do Kyungsoo!" SunHwa covered in surprise while Kyungsoo coughed awkwardly before exclaiming, "Its not what you think noona!"

"Did YooJung give you that?" SunHwa who was still in shock exclaimed, "Wa Do Kyungsoo I didn't know you're-"

"Noona its not what you think-" Kyungsoo panicked.

"Come here! I need to teach you a lesson." SunHwa hooked her arms around Kyungsoo's neck and brought him closer to her as she pressed her knuckles against his head.

"Noona!" Kyungsoo yelped in pain.

Coming out from my hiding spot I interrupted their lovey dovey and sat down on the sofa where SunHwa was previously sitting at since she decided to steal my seat away from me. Without hesitation, the both of them separated themselves away from each other awkwardly.

"I gave that to him." I said and pretend to be nonchalant as i took out my phone without looking at them, I almost want to bury myself into a hole. 

The gush of awkwardness filled up the atmosphere as Kyungsoo looked at me in shock with his eyes wide open refusing to digest what he just heard.

"YooJung ah, don't misunderstood us." SunHwa said, "Its not what you think."

I looked up from my phone and coolly said, " I won't. Its none of my business anyway."

"I think I'll excuse myself first. Soo, you explain to her okay. I don't want any misunderstanding." SunHwa said before excusing herself.

"You don't have to I really don't care." I said softly as silence approach the both of us after SunHwa left. It was terribly awkward.

 

Both Kyungsoo and I didn't speak for quite awhile. I tried to look busy while using my phone, on the other hand he silently read the newspaper. Still awkward.

An hour later, Kyungsoo notify the housemaid that we will be leaving the house as we have plans. I followed him out of the house and to his car without a word. I still don't feel good, it felt unfair somehow.

We entered his car and i buckled my seatbelt, the both of us cleared our throat in awkwardness.

"Erm, Ahjussi." I said while folding my arms.

"H-Hmm?" Kyungsoo stuttered as he slot the car key in to start the engine, still startled by words just now.

"You like her don't you." I asked abruptly and I could see the shock in Kyungsoo's face.

"Who." He asked carefully.

"SunHwa unnie." I answered with a tint of sourness on my tongue.

"No i don't." Kyungsoo knitted his brows and avoided eye contact with me instantly.

"Hah!" I jumped a little and faced him with my index finger pointing at him, "Caught you!"

"No you did not." Kyungsoo glared at me with his big doe eyes and I froze. I couldn't tell if his eyes were all truth or maybe I hope they were at least.

"Liar. I could see it through the way you look at her." I said with an itchy feeling acting on my heart, "Why didn't you make her your wife instead?"

"She is my brother's wife and nothing more." Kyungsoo cleared his throat and shifted his glare away from me, he stepped on the pedal and started driving us back to our house.

"The picture was her isn't it. The one in the frame that i accidentally broke." I muttered but he could hear me. 

Woah, this is upsetting me so much. Why do I feel this way, it feels like my heart is being trampled on a million times.

Kyungsoo didn't answer me and I knew straight away that I was spot on correct. He likes her.

 

"I am sorry. I was not being mindful." I apologized and kept silent as I looked out the window at the blue sky.

I am extremely clear of my own feelings now.

I like him. I like the food he cooked for me. I like it when he took care of me when I injured myself. I like it when he gently wash my hair. I like it when he carry me in his arms and behind his back. I like it when he protects me from creepy Sehun. I like him so much that it hurts me so bad. I like him so much that I couldn't stand it when he looks at her the way he wouldn't ever look at me. I like him so much that I wanted to pull her hair when I saw her touched him. I like him so much that I want to cry because I know he will never like me back because I am Kim YooJung, his student and nothing more.

He parked the car and I immediately unlock the car because I couldn't stand it anymore. I don't want to see him.

"Wait." Kyungsoo said.

"What!" I said a little louder than usual, not much as compare to a yell. I pretended to be annoyed so that I wouldn't have to face him.

"I accept your apology and you don't have to bother about the frame, I over reacted." He said with a small smile that I missed because I didn't bother to look at him. I limped my way into the house as fast as I could.

I am so pathetic, stupid. How can i like someone like him. So old-fashion, stubborn and senseless!

Slammed my poor room door again, plopped my body on my bed and accidentally fell asleep. I guess I must be really tired from all these bull.

 

Meanwhile, Kyungsoo took a shower again. He peeled out the plaster on his neck and look at the bite I gave him again.

"I gave that to him."

"Kim YooJung, you're such a monster." He sighed before smiling subconsciously again.

 

 

 

 

 

 


Thank you for reading this chapter <3