Truth about the marriage

Seventeen Blossom

The class was suspended for the day and everyone went home including Kyungsoo and I. 

Everyone in the class knew what they did was wrong hence they all apologised before leaving, I guess the class had a better understanding of me now. They knew that JooHyuk and I was just friends and framed by RaYeon, they knew that I wasn't married to Kyungsoo and my mother had passed away, my father abandoning me alone in South Korea with Kyungsoo.

They knew that my life wasn't easy and decides that they would make everything stop once and for all.

I was glad that everything had cleared up but my heart still ache whenever I think of RaYeon.

Also I knew that I had to talk to Kyungsoo about our marriage, about everything that I've been lied to. He too knew it as we remained silent throughout our trip home.

 

We entered our house and sat down facing each other on the couch.

"Explain to me everything that you had lied to me about." I said, ready to listen to the truth he was about to tell me.

"Promise me that you won't leave." Kyungsoo waited for an answer but it never came as I just stared at him blankly, "I will tell you everything from the start..."

 

My father was diagnose with stage four lung cancer and had it hidden from me hence I could barely ever contact him after my fake marriage with Kyungsoo was because he is in the US getting treatment, hoping for a chance to survive. He wanted me to actually believe that he is a cold and heartless father who didn't love his family at all, but the truth was he did. Because of his love for his family he decided to make himself the bad person for not attending my mother who had cheated on him with another man for years. Something that I didn't know and hated him blindly. He didn't want to let me know because he knows that I hated him ever since my mother died and he wanted me to hate him forever so that I would live a proper life even without him, even when he die.

 

Hence they planned a fake marriage which I actually fell for. 

They made me believe that Kyungsoo and I was actually married because of the wedding ceremony and family gatherings that we had attend, they wanted me to believe that everything about this marriage was real even when I should have known that it wasn't because the wedding was small and there was no news report about it at all since Kyungsoo was the second son of Gem's chairman.

They all lied to me, even Kyungsoo.

The truth was the marriage paper I had signed was not proceeded with at all, Kyungsoo and I wasn't even married in the first place.

They are all cheaters.

My bottom lip quivered as I tried to endure in the saddness that is taking over me entirely. The feeling of empty saddness flows through every single vein, cells and muscle of mine, it poisoned my brain and killed every other positive emotion that I had in me until it was only negativity that remained. 

I couldn't believe what I heard. How can they be so selfish and make decisions for me.

The feeling of despair overwhelmed what I can only contain, the hope I had for life even if it was a loose string was broken, all the memories that I had with this person in front of me kept flickering in my brain, all the misunderstading and accusiation for my father was filling me with something called guilt. This world is full of cold liars, I don't know what to do, who to believe in anymore as the person I thought was't truly the person I thought.

My head was spinning and spinning, my soul was sold to somewhere unknown, my spirit was taken away from me as I lost the sight of what I could see before. What a hard world to live in, making me swallow everything in a matter of few mintues, I couldn't I really, I wanted to give up and sleep away everything. Even breathing was hard as my throat was stuck, it was hard.

How can living be so tough, how can everything change so fast, how can people lie so easily?

Love, this word is unbearable to me. Taking it as an excuse to hurt people continuously, what a hypocrite. Everyone was watching me, this fool being played while they pretended to be nice. 

This despair broke me, every single piece of me. Everything has become meaningless, what a cruel trick as cruel as any deser mirage. The people that kept my heart beating, me breathing, feel so thin yet heavy.

I lost the everything in a day.

My friend, my love, my trust and my father.

I thought I was ready for the despicable truth but I guess I was not.

I remained quiet and didn't say a single word because I can't seem to find any words to say.

Once the first tear broke free, the rest followed like a waterfall. It was unstoppable, my feelings. They poured out, expressing how I was feeling as there was no words for it. My shoulders trembled as the tears blurred my sight, I didn't know what to do other than cry because I was wrecked. Really broken.

"YooJung." Kyungsoo's heart too hurt for the truth that he had spoken, knowing very well that it had haunted me deep. He looked at me all hurt and lost, confused and despaired. He regretted every single thing he had done, he would never ever want to hurt me but he still did. Guilt was something we both experience at that moment, his for me while mine for my father.

I couldn't say a thing even when he had called my name, that sweet voice of his I couldn't respond to.

He stood up from his seat and sat beside me who was crumbling down and my back hunched forward, face looking at the ground as tears stained the floor.

"I am sorry." Kyungsoo apologised sincerely as he held me in his arms tightly.

I cried even harder, however I let him hugged me because I was too busy crying to even focus on anything else except the pain and sadness that had been chewing on me. 

We remained like this for an hour while I cried my heart out in the embrace of a man whom's heart I was not sure of. Did he really love me? Or was everything an act? 

His fingers gently caress me as I soaked his chest with my emotions.

When my breathing slowly became normal, tears drying up, my tired eyes were worn out, he softly patted the back of my head and brushed his fingers through my locks.

"YooJung, I know I've hurt you deeply because of this lie." Kyungsoo said in an extremely low, gentle voice that gave me goosebumps, "But I also want you to know that I Do Kyungsoo, had truly fallen for you. I love you. I love you now, and I will still love you after. My confession that day was sincere without even a single bit of lie. I truly love you, Kim YooJung. I won't let you think that I had never love you and everything was a lie because in this big lie, my love was true."

With his words that answered my questions, he seems to be able to read me. Those was were very enchanting, it made me believe it instantly that he loves me. 

My tears stopped, there was glitters of hope with his words that I chose to believe once more.

"I am going to believe what you say." I said as I leaned onto the one that I want to forever depend on, I will trust him again and I had decided it in a split second. For my love for him was strong and firm, I believe him. I slipped my hands around his waist as he pulled me closer to him, his cheek leaned onto my head.

Unfortunately it doesn't mean my sadness just went away so easily, I was still sad about my father making selfish decisions. I want to see him so badly and apologise for everything that I had done to him, my failure as his daughter. I want to make it up to him.

"I am never going to lie to you again." Kyungsoo promised and I trusted him.

"As a punishment, bring me to my father. I want to see him first before we decides what to do with our future." I said and he nodded his head, understanding where I come from.

He called my father and told him he will be bringing me to him the next day. We both took leave for a week from school that night.

As for us, we both knew the feelings were there and there was no lie in those feelings. That night, I insisted to sleep on the same bed with him because inside me, it was empty and I hated that feeling. 

Nothing happened between us, we only held our warm hands to sleep and that little contact assured me about Do Kyungsoo.

 

I am going to love him and my father whole heartedly.

 

 

 

 

 


This is the official last chapter for this fanfic and I was very young when I first started writing fanfics.

Seventeen Blossom most likely have a lot of grammar errors but I would like to leave it as it is to remind myself of how much I should be brushing up my english.

I was probably 16 when I wrote my first fanfic and looking back makes me cringe at all the typos LOL

I don't know why I didn't post my drafts and left it hanging for over a year going two? even though they were already written in the first place. Sorry to all the early readers here that the ending you thought was the ending wasn't really the ending oops.

All of my fanfics means so much to me. 

I hope that I will continue writing as my dream is to write a novel haha.