Why do you care?

Seventeen Blossom

"Oppa, even just for a second did you love me?" She said softly as her breathe formed mist in the middle of a winter night, her eyes welled up as tears threatened to fall out of them. The man whom she ever only love is leaving her for his first love, the man whom she shared the sweetest memories with is leaving her the bitterest taste in .

My nose turned sour and my eyesight was blurry, I could feel the pain she felt, the way she looked at him hoping he would stay for her, hoping that his love for her was as real as her love for him. 

"I am sorry." The man brushed her cold hands away from his without hesitation, "The one i really truly love is her."

I swallowed my saliva and tried to control my tears but they wouldn't listen to me and fell out of my eyes, rolled down my warm cheeks. My heart too, shattered for her. 

"Is your ankle okay now?" I heard a voice beside me out of a sudden. I looked at the owner of the voice, forgetting that I was crying because of the second last episode of the drama I was watching.

"Ooookay!" Kyungsoo exclaimed, shocked and dumbfounded by my teary face.

"Lend me your body." I declared out of nowhere.

I don't know why but I had a sudden urge of crying even harder when I saw the moment I saw his face. I had no self control and threw myself at him, hugging him from his waist and sticking my face into his chest while showing off the the world that I am crying. I could feel the warmth from every contact we have, I felt safe again.

Shocked once again from my sudden outburst, Kyungsoo widen his eyes and lifted both his hands up in the air awkwardly not knowing what to do with this cry baby. 

"W-Wae- Wae-" He stuttered, not knowing what to do he assumed that apologizing would be a better idea so he repeatedly apologize for nothing. His mind struggled on whether if he should hug me back and softly pat my back or not.

He then finally decided to even though he didn't know the reason why but he felt that it was what his heart wanted him to. He timidly lowered his arms down and returned me a gentle hug while patting my back softly to comfort me. My heart skipped a beat when I felt his arms around me, I was surprised by him again and my mind ran wild.

I had no idea he would actually hug me back because the usual blockhead him wouldn't and would just let me hug him until I am done. Gosh, he is so stupid he is making me fall for him even more..

My tears almost run out but I pretended to cry just to stay in his arms for a little longer.

"Aigoo, why are you crying?" He asked while patting me back, "Is Kim Yoojung a cry baby?"

"Who is a cry baby.." I sniffed as I pulled out of his embrace. I shouldn't have.

"Why are you crying?" Kyungsoo looked at me with his signature a little serious face as he gently wipe the tears off my face. The places that he touched, left a tingling sensation as if it was earning for more.

"Why do guys pretend to love you when they don't? And they make your heart hurt." I asked sadly.

Kyungsoo's mind was doing tons of calculations trying to solve my questions. Is she in a relationship? Did she just went through a break up? Is she fragile now? Is she going through teenage love now? Oh.. Did she fall in love heart with someone? Is the guy JooHyuk? Must be him. I saw them together at lunch a few days back. She fell in love with him? She is hurting now right..? Why is there this urge to beat JooHyuk? I must not, he is a student. How come there is this weird sour taste... Wa this is crazy.

"I don't know?" Kyungsoo answered awkwardly as he couldn't find the answer to my question.

"Why don't you know?" I said.

"I've never been in a relationship." He answered truthfully, "But did a guy hurt you badly? Do you want me to teach him a lesson?"

Yeah you're the one who hurt me you piece of annoying thing.

"Someone did and it really hurts." I said looking down.

"Is it JooHyuk?" Kyungsoo asked carefully.

"JooHyuk?" I lifted up my head, knitted my brows and looked at him confused. What has this gonna do with JooHyuk?

"I didn't mean to pry on your privacy but the both of you seemed to be closer than before so I thought you know-" Kyungsoo explained as he rubbed his nape in awkwardness, "I thought the both of you are dating."

"Really? You really thought so?" I asked.

"Yeah I mean i heard people talking about both of you, even the teachers were talking about it in the staff room these few days." He said, "I respect your privacy so I didn't bother asking."

"Oh," I replied awkwardly.

"I don't mean to invade your personal life but I thought that you might be going through a fight with him." He said.

"Yeah, I mean JooHyuk is really nice and he have a beautifully handsome face. He took really good care of me and even saved me from a flying ball. The truth is-" I wanted to explain but I couldn't because Kyungsoo started talking again before I could even continue.

Surprisingly, Kyungsoo doesn't like the idea of me dating JooHyuk and some where in his heart he knows it but he just can't seems to face the truth. After hearing my praises for JooHyuk, he started confirming that I am in love with him and a weird feeling overwhelmed him.

"I know at your age you would be curious about being in a relationship and chasing after boys but as your teacher I would prefer if you focus on your studies." Kyungsoo cut me off and said with a tint of jealousy.

"What?" I exclaimed, "Oh yes, almost forgotten that you're my teacher. Forget about what I said."

What is wrong with him? What is in his mind right now? I can't read him.

"But I am always here if you need someone." He added, "As a teacher."

"Why can't you stop reminding me that you're my teacher!?" I raised my voice and sat further away from him, "Why can't you stop being my teacher even for a second?"

"YooJung-" Kyungsoo said but I interrupted him.

"Yeah right, as my teacher why do you even care if I am hurting right? Why do you care? Just do your job and stop trying to pretend that you care for me. If you're so enthusiastic about being a good teacher, you wouldn't even marry me because I am your student." I yelled.

This time I didn't cry, it was pure anger boiling in me. I didn't let him interrupt my anger, I stood up from the sofa and continued spitting fire at him.

"All these while of you being a good teacher to me, I truly thought u did care about me and I was so happy about it, like finally someone give a about me but you always reminded me that you're my teacher and nothing else. It made me sad because I thought you were genuine but the truth is you're not, you're only doing your teacher duty and not sincerely caring about me." 

"Sometimes I thought, well maybe he isn't that bad of a person at all and that maybe I could live with you and not trying ways to make you divorce me."

"But now all I feel is anger. I felt like I've been betrayed. Mr Do, you can stop with all your act and I won't blame you ever again. You don't have to cook for me, you don't have to take care of me when I am sick, you don't have to care about where I am, you don't have to look at me or give a damn about me. Please do that so that I won't get the wrong idea ever again."

I turned my body around and headed for the stairs to go back to my safe space.

"I am sorry I made you feel this way." He said.

"You're so selfish, Mr Do." I said and ran up to my room.

 

 

 

I slammed my room door and leaned against it while breathing hardly. My mind keep replaying the scene and my heart felt like it was ripped into million pieces. 

"I am sorry I made you feel this way."

You sly man. How dare you apologise to me and make me feel even worst.

 

 

 

 


Thank you for reading this chapter! :-)