BESIDE YOU (Near yet so far continuation)

One Shot Stories of TaeNy

“BANG!”

 

I heard the loud sound of the collision between my apartment’s door and the wall it hits when someone has pushed it with a very strong force, intentionally.

 

The source of the forceful opening of the door has yet had another weapon to use to destroy the silence and peacefulness of my innocent apartment. A very loud yell of my name and some threatening words came afterwards.

 

“YAH TAETAE! EXPLAIN YOUR TEXT OR YOU’LL FACE THE HELL RIGHT AT THIS MOMENT!”

 

Chill Taeyeon, you can make your way out of it. It’s just Tiffany…

 

“Hey Fany~ah. What’s up? Do you need anything?” I asked with my cheeky grin.

 

“Your text!”

 

“T~text?”

 

“Yeah, your text message after you left the café.”

 

Ah yeah, that text message. Do I still need to explain it? Aren’t those words enough to explain myself? Argggg! This is why I texted it, I can’t bring myself to explain it verbally, directly from my mouth.

 

Really, she’s so dense.  But~

 

“Ah~, that was just a joke. I thought that you will still be staring into space after I left so I texted you something that will make you - ! ”

 

And she doesn’t want to give me time to continue what I’m saying.

 

“So that was just a joke? A joke?!”

 

Can I say that she is so naggy, in her face? Yes I can, but nonetheless, it doesn’t matter. I still have to focus on what’s going on right now and that’s her blooming anger.

 

Holding my grin is a battle for me right now. I will get to see her fuming and reddened face because of anger. It is so exciting, right? I find her cute and adorable when she makes that face. Crazy? I think so. Crazy about the girl that is now in front of me and killing me using that pair of pretty brown eyes of her.

 

Woah, intense!

 

Okay! Seriously speaking, everything that I am thinking ever since that loud ‘bang’ is just my way of hiding the nervousness and giddiness I am feeling whenever she’s near. Yeah, that’s right. My heart can’t stay calm as my name when I am with Tiffany Hwang.

 

Cliché, right? But what can I do? That’s just what happens to me and I can't do anything but goof around her to cover up what's happening inside me. Coward? I think not, I’m just lightening up myself from so much happiness yet nervousness.

 

Can you blame me? I’m in love but don’t know how to let it be known to the person I want to tell it. Sure, we are close enough. ‘She’s so near yet so far’ does ring a bell? Like I’ve said, she’s so dense and I really can’t bring myself to talk about it in front of her. A perfect combination… not.

 

But not today.

 

Earlier, I really tried my best to muster some courage to tell her. But it seems that she’s not interested. Dense! She enjoyed staring into space more than giving me her attention.

 

How sad~ but not right at this moment. I saw it. I saw some hope. In her eyes, I saw some glint of that hope I’m yearning to see so I can build up again my courage and tell her. It is safe to say that I have a chance according to her reaction, right?

 

Come on, she’s angry when I told her that that text message is just a joke. Maybe my feelings can be reciprocated. Maybe I can tell her the truth. So here I go. Let’s make the woman I longed for this long fall, fall into me.

 

“Fine, I’ll tell you the truth now.  That text message? It is real. I really mean it. Is there a time that I choose to be away from you in every special event of your life? None, nothing Fany~ah. I’m always there beside you in your every step of the way. And I plan to always do that because I want to. And I want to own that right place besides you. But, every time I tried to tell you, you seem too focus on other things than me. And you already knew what I did to get your attention, goofing around and pissing you off. That’s the only ways I think that will make you look at me. And yeah, the worst is calling you your Korean name. I’m sorry for that but to make things clear; I really love calling you Miyoung `coz that’s how precious you are to me, like it's meaning.”

 

I looked at her and I really fight myself not to laugh, or even to grin. She seems to not know if she should believe in me or not. Is it really possible to look cute while being confuse on something?

 

“Do you get what I’m saying?” I asked her nervously when after 5 minutes she’s still not making other reaction other than that confused look.

 

“I love you, too.”

 

This time, it is me who was stunned. And I felt the increasing pumps inside my chest area. Amazing is an understatement of what I feel after she spoke. I feel like floating in the sky. I feel like everything brightens up.

 

“I thought it just a one-sided but you told me everything I want to hear from you for a long time now. Thank you.”

 

And that wakes me up, and brings me back to reality. Then I quickly brushed off the tear she shed and follows it with a peck on her cheek where that tear flew down.

 

“You deserve to hear those words because you worth it. I love you my Miyoung. I will pay for all the hurt you’ve felt before. Just stay beside me like I am beside you, okay? ”

 

She nods and I sealed it with a sweet kiss I’ve been longing to give her.