INSPIRATION

One Shot Stories of TaeNy

She looks like a snob. How in the world can I approach her? I’m so gonna get it back on Sunny if I happen to not get Taeyeon’s help.

 

I prepared myself and composure before I make my way to the woman sitting in the most secluded table in this library. She was staring out of the window and I can’t help not to stop and appreciate her aristocratic features. It’s a bit exaggerated but she really looks like a woman of her highness. Guess she really had a royal blood from a long time ago.

 

Aish! I should be planning on what to say to her not admiring her; though students would agree with me saying that I can’t stop me, myself from gawking at her. But I should do first thing first. When I snapped back from my gazing, I resumed my movement and willed my heart to brave and talk to her.

 

“Ahmm… Hi! Kim Taeyeon… That’s your name, right?”

 

I guess I got her attention now. She pulled her eyes off of the window and I was left drowning at the most calm and lovely chocolate brown eyes I have ever seen in my entire life. With long and thick lashes, she looks like a dolled up girl but I know for sure that these mesmerizing eyes have not been touch by any artificial coloring for the day, or even for all her life. Her features was more than what I thought there was in a closer look. She has this natural beauty anyone would envy to have.

 

“Yes, I’m Kim Taeyeon. But just call me Taeyeon. So, how may I help you Miss…”

 

Oh, I think she’s asking for my name. Stupid of me, I forgot to introduce myself first; I was caught off guard by that melodious voice that I thought I heard some angels... exaggeration again. “Stephanie Hwang Miyoung, but you must call me Tiffany, I prepared that the most.” As I introduced myself with my best smile, I’m also knocking my head mentally for being stupid in our first encounter.

 

“Miss Tiffany, what brought you to me?”

 

“Forget the Miss, we’re in the same age and we’re schoolmates actually. And what brought me here is that… I just want to ask for your help on something. Is that possible?”

 

“My I know the details?”

 

“I’m glad to do that…” I beamingly said as I still look on the smile on her face that radiates more her beauty.

 

******

 

“Hey Tiff! How’s your plan?”

 

I jerked up when I heard a loud voice right in front of my ear. I know I was staring blankly and have forgotten my surrounding but this shorty friend of mine must know how to not surprise me.

 

“YAH! LEE SOONKYU! What in the world did you eat this morning and you gave me a fright!?”

 

“Relax Tiff… I was calling you several times but you’re not responding so I left with no choice but to speak to you close enough in your ear.”

 

“But still…!”

 

I really hate how she can be still calm and cool even when I’m in the brink of exploding because of my anger. She always looks like she’s enjoying seeing me in rage. How nice of a friend do I have…

 

“I got it. I won’t do that again. So, back to my question, what happened with your plan?”

 

And that’s what makes my lips curve up. And my eye-smile, which everybody said was mesmerizing, appeared as I said, “I’m going to be busy for the coming days.”

 

******

 

For the past two weeks, I’ve been going in and out of the music room in our campus every afternoon. Taeyeon and I were doing collaboration on an original song for the Charity Event held by our school two and a half months from now. I was picked by the Dean of the Music Department to write the lyrics of it and they’ve given me the liberty on choosing the person or people I will work with; thus, I chose Taeyeon when my best friend Sunny told me that Taeyeon can help me with the composing of the song. And she was known for it that’s why I tried my luck to ask her.

 

“Hey, it’s past 6 already. Should we call it a day?”

 

“Oh sure. Ah Taeyeon…? Do you want to grab some snack before going home? My treat, of course!”

 

“For what?”

 

That’s made me froze. The real reason of my invitation is because I want to extend our time together. I don’t know exactly why but I really want to spend more time with her. She became my constant companion every end of the school days for the past two weeks so I bet I was used to her presence. And treating her will grant my little selfish wish. But I won’t tell her that so I made up a reason for her.

 

“It is my thank you gift. You accepted to help me when I asked you two weeks ago without hesitation and I’ve been using up your time after school so much that I think I’ve taken your rest time sometimes. And you’re very patience with me all this time when I’ve been slacking with my writing.”

 

“Okay. I’ll accept your treat today. But I also want to clarify some things you’ve said. I didn’t accept to help you without hesitation but rather; I already heard about your assignment and Professor Park had approached me before you, though I hesitated on his. And, you’re not taking my time rest time but you’re the reason I’m having one.”

 

Well… I was stunned not only because of her explanations but also because this is the first time I heard her talked longer. Today is my lucky day, I guess. I get to be with her for a longer time and I heard her longer this time. Such a great day I have.

 

“That’s nice… And… wait! What do you mean with the last part?”

 

“The ‘you’re not taking my time rest time but you’re the reason I’m having one’?”

 

“Yeah~”

 

“Let’s just say, I’m more relax with you after school than my usual routine.”

 

“Can you elaborate that?”

 

A chin smile appeared on her already glowing face and I really found it cute but now it’s more on a y way. y? Hwang, get a grip of yourself!

 

“After school have made me bored every time I got home. So, I preferred doing this song with someone, in this case with you, than going home and be bored again.”

 

“Oh… I should be flattered then.”

 

And we left the music room with laughs and proceeded to a café nearby out campus. We talked about a lot of things and I felt like we became closer. She’s not a snob, that’s for sure. She’s a nice person and like any other normal student in our school but you will know that fact once you get to know her better. Also, nobody knows this but she’s a kid trap in a woman’s body. I like it how we got closer because of this assignment of mine. And I won’t regret ever coming to her to ask for her help.

 

******

 

Today is the day. We have completed the song in just a month. Approval from the Music Dept was left and we can tear off from this exhausting work. Though I think of that, I also think that I still have one thing left to do.

 

“Tae, can I talk to you before we give the song to Professor Lee?”

 

“Sure.”

 

We walked towards the best part of this school; the glass house as we called. We were surrounded with different kinds of flowers the Botany classes have nurtured here. And they somehow lessen my nervousness.

 

“Tae… remember the time you asked me about of what inspired me in writing the lyrics of our song?”

 

“Yeah, and you just shrugged it off then. So, you have now your answer?”

 

“Yes. And I hope you won’t creep out with it.”

 

“I promise.” She said while beaming her toothy smile and a hand gesture of promising.

 

“Okay, here it goes. My inspiration for the lyrics was you.”

 

“Me?”

 

“You, Kim Taeyeon.”

 

“But…” she trailed off and I have an idea of what she is thinking but before I explain myself she continued talking. “So, you like me.” and as cliché as it, it’s not a question but a statement.

 

I nod timidly but think that I really want to brush off that grin on her face because I felt like she’s mocking my subtle confession. Did I’ve observed her wrong, didn’t I? Is she somewhat like those full-of-their-selves-jerks on dramas? Slowly, I bend down my head to hide my shyness and disappointment.

 

But I turned up quickly when I heard her whine.

 

“I should be the first one to confess! Aish… you should have waited a bit longer. I have given a lot of thought for it yet you ruined my plan…” she whining like a kid who had lost her favorite toy to her mortal enemy.

 

I would love to laugh on her but I couldn’t. She’s literally said that she had planned her confession to me. Who am I to not be surprised and glad that the Kim Taeyeon that everybody in this campus admired was planning to confess to me?

 

“I’m sorry if I’ve ruined your plan but you know that it’s intentional. I’m sorry, okay?”

 

“Fine but you have to be mine now. Understood?”

 

“I love to.”

 

“Okay.”

 

Kim Taeyeon as my inspiration is not that bad. And I’m too lucky to have her.