DAYDREAMING

One Shot Stories of TaeNy

“Taeyeon…”

 

 

“Tae… YEON!”

 

 

“TAEYEON!”

 

 

“KIM TAEYEON!”

 

I jumped up of surprise and threw a dagger look to the cause of it. It is not because of the loud call of my name but the fact that my daydreaming was cut short because of that loud noise. I’m in the middle of daydreaming about the girl of my dreams and in that dream, we were in the blink of a sweet kiss that was interrupted and that makes me so furious.

 

“What!?!”

 

“I’ve been calling you for five minutes now but you’re mind seemed to be out of nowhere again!”

 

“Oh… I’m sorry for that… I’m just thinking something…”

 

“Yeah I saw you. But seriously Taeng, you’re going severe with that.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“That spacing out. You look like an idiot every time you do that.”

 

“Hey! I don’t look like an idiot.”

 

“Yes, you are. You will space out then a creepy smile will carve in your face. Then after a second or two, the smile will crook down and a very thoughtful deep crease between your brows appears. How’s that to not be called an idiot or do you want me to call you crazy?”

 

Wow! Big words she said there.

 

“Then I am an idiot.”

 

“Good. Anyways, let’s get to business. Stop making me crept out by that blank stare of yours because we have to deliver the goods to the foundation. Right. Now.”

 

“Foundation?! C’mon Sunny! Hurry up!”

 

We’re going to the foundation and I feel so excited so no one should blame me for pulling Sunny to the waiting van. That place is my safe haven nowadays and I will get every opportunity to go there.

 

“Hey, wait up Taeng! Why in a hurry?”

 

“We’re delivering the goods. They need them.”

 

“Stop it. You just want to see that woman!”

 

“W-woman?”

 

“Hush buddy… I know your secret.”

 

“I don’t have any secret for now.”

 

“Yeah… continue lying.”

 

Am I really lying? No, not lying. Definitely am not lying. A dream is not a secret, right?

 

“Let’s just go Sunny.”

 

I heard her snort though she took her best to make it soundless as she can. But yeah, I’ve became conscious because of her remark earlier. I can’t let them see me again spacing out, can I? I don’t even know if I’m ready to share my dreams to her. Not that I don’t trust my best friend but, my dreams are yet complicated for my brains, what more to her.

 

“I’ll tell you my dreams one day, okay? But not now… not yet.”

 

“I understand Taeng. Just, really, stop the creepy look, okay?”

 

And I think my dreams and I are safe for now. I looked at Sunny and she’s busy with her phone so I decided to leave her alone. I just fished out my own phone and checked if there are some messages that I haven’t read. When I have answered the other messages, I moved to my hidden folders and just stared at the only photo saved there so I didn’t notice that we have arrived at the foundation.

 

“Hey Taeng, I need to take this folder to the office so can you do the setting with the others?”

 

“Leave it to me. Just come back quickly. There’s a lot to do.”

 

“I know.”

 

She left me with two of our co-workers to lift the goods into the foundation’s activity hall. The staff in the foundation also assisted us. Once we have settled everything, Sunny came back to help us distribute the goods for the children housing in the foundation.

 

We’re busy yet my mind is also busy with something, or rather with someone. I got to see my inspiration in doing these things. She’s now smiling as always while assisting the children on their way to the dining hall where the foundation have prepared their lunches. Her smile is so addictive and I’d rather became an addict for it. It somehow brightens my entire day even for a short time I saw it.

 

“Yoh Taeng! You’re idling again…”

 

“Huh?” Sunny’s voice snapped me out of my daydream again. And it annoyed me. “Sheesh, so loud!” I kinda shouted back at her.

 

“Yah! I was just getting your attention because Miss Hwang wants to talk to us. If you don’t want to, it’s fine. But please, stop idling Taeng.”

 

“Oh… I’m sorry for that. Yeah, sure. Let’s go”

 

“Jeez. You really are insane.”

 

“I heard that. I already said my sorry. Okay now? By the way, why she wants to talk to us?” actually I don’t know who this Miss Hwang is. But I recalled that she is the daughter of the owner of this foundation. And they said that she’s a total cutie.

 

Ah… I don’t care. Miss Beautiful smile is the most beautiful in my eyes.

 

“Here we are!”

 

“Hey, you haven’t answered my question.”

 

“Go answer it yourself. Actually, only you is who Miss Hwang wants to talk to. See you before we go back!”

 

“Yah! Lee Soonkyu! Don’t leave me here! You have to explain this to me first! Yah! Come back here you midget!”

 

But my protests have gone to nothing. I was left there wondering why this Miss Hwang wants to talk to me alone, I can’t help thinking if I had done something wrong. After contemplating and thinking how to get back with my friend, I decided to just get with this talk and have my remaining time looking at the center of my musing.

 

I knocked on the door and waited until I heard a soft ‘come in’ from the other side of the door. I finally cracked open the door a little, I popped my head first and tried to look around the room. A low gasp has escaped my mouth when my eyes settled on a figure behind her desk. And I know that I totally looked like an idiot this moment for I certainly know how my eyes are propping out of their sockets because of the shocked I felt. So this is the talk of the town Miss Hwang!

 

“Oh hi, Kim Taeyeon, right?”

 

Her voice… omo! It is my first time to hear her voice this close. I will admit it. I’ve always seen her whenever we have to do some stuff here in the foundation but I never tried to approach her. I have a huge crush on her but I’m also intimidated with her smile so I always choose to just look at her from afar. And whenever she talks to others, I can’t even make myself go near her.

 

“Taeyeon-shi? Are you alright?”

 

Yah! Kim Taeyeon! Hold your mind. She’s talking to you. Calm down!

 

“Y-yes, I’m fine.”

 

“Oh good. Anyways, I have called you here to talk about something Sunny-shi had told me earlier.”

 

“Sunny? Oh y-yeah, she told me that y-you want to talk t-to m-me.”

 

“That’s right. So, can you please relax and sit down here?”

 

I immediately walk towards the comfy single sofa in front of her desk. Though, I still felt so conscious being near her, it so damn feels good to see her up this close. And her smell was so elegant and playfully wafted in my nose. I think I’m going to love strawberries from now on.

 

Simple and classy, a perfect combination of characters a person should have. How I love to have a woman of her kind. Or more like how I love to have her.

 

“Taeyeon-shi?”

 

Stop it Taeyeon, for the mean time. Don’t embarrass yourself in front of her and creep her out.

 

“Sorry, I’m n-nervous.”

 

“Why is that? May I know?”

 

“Ahm… I… I m-mean, I’m confused why y-you want to t-talk to me. D-did I do something wrong?”

 

“Of course not. There’s nothing wrong, actually. It’s just, Sunny-shi told me something, something personal.”

 

Okay, now it’s not just nervousness and confusion that I felt. There is something that telling me that Sunny told her something I don’t like to tell her or I will not be fond of her knowing about it.

 

“P-personal?”

 

“Yup. Hey, relax. You’re stuttering, you know? But back to the subject, personal as in you personally like me.”

 

I think I should clean some ear wax from my ear. I didn’t hear her say that I personally like her, did I? Sunny didn’t told her that and Sunny doesn’t know about my dreams yet, right? I heard Miss Hwang wrong, yes?

 

“Pardon?”

 

“Sunny-shi told me that you like me. It’s that right?”

 

Angel! Her smile, I can’t believe that I am this lucky today. I have heard her voice and now I can see her smile this close! Thank God for this day!

 

That’s it. I just stared in her smiling face, my mouth agape a little, and unable to make any move, afraid that the smiling woman in front of me will disappear if I move even a small one. I can’t even blink my eyelids.

 

“Taeyeon-shi, are you okay? I mean, really okay?”

 

Oh-oh! She will think I’m a creep!

 

“Yeah, I’m okay. Anyway, your question, I mean, my answer to your question…” Please universe, give me some courage. It’s now or never.

 

“And that is?”

 

“Please forgive me, yes, I like you, so much! I really like you!”

 

“Is that so? But I’m sorry Taeyeon-shi, I like someone else.”

 

She likes someone else… she likes… someone… else… someone… else…

 

---

 

“KIM TAEYEON!”

 

“Huh?!”

 

My buddy’s loud voice snapped me in my dazed. And automatically I put my hands above my head when I saw a movement in front of me. Talk about reflex!

 

“I won’t hit you, okay. But seriously? How many times do I have to scream your name just to get your attention?”

 

“What? No, I just didn’t hear you. I think I have fallen asleep for a minute.” Lie.

 

“Really? You’re not daydreaming?”

 

“Really!”

 

“You’re not daydreaming about your first encounter with her?”

 

“Jeez, fine! Who would forget that? Can you tell me?”

 

“Shut up Kim Taeyeon! I know you’re not upset about that.” Sunny said with a scoff.

 

I can’t help but show her my mischievous grin that she fully understands the meaning. “That’s what you get for asking. And you know it, it was the best cruelest joke I ever received.”

 

“Whatever… anyway, Tiffany said you can fetch her in her office after an hour.” Sunny sighed before she continued her rumbling. “I really don’t get it why did she choose to get involve with you. Poor Miss Hwang…”

 

“Yah!”

 

“Whatever Kim Taeyeon, whatever!”

 

“You’re just jealous because I have the best and iest girlfriend.”

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about buddy, I don’t swing like yours.”

 

“I know, just kidding you. You love your Oppa so much… that it irks. Hahaha…!”

 

I really know that she’s supporting me, us and that she’s happy for me. We just like to tease each other.

 

But seriously though, I really thought that ‘she’ will always just be in my daydreams.^^V