DETOUR

One Shot Stories of TaeNy

It was a nice and calm Saturday afternoon, drinking my favorite frappe while waiting for a particular person who’s been late for our romantically meeting called date. Twenty minutes and I’m starting to get irritated of watching people walking pass by the window I’ve been looking on after I sat in this corner of this café.

 

“Hey babe, sorry I’m late.”

 

“It’s okay. You’ll always been whenever we’re going out on a Saturday afternoon date. But it’s really fine `coz it’s always been on this specific day only, so no big deal on it.”

 

“Yeah, right. I told you before, I hate Saturdays and yet, you still insisted on having a date on it.”

 

I saw her rolled up her eyes reflecting my annoyance sarcastically. We’ve been together for over three years now and we practically knew each other very well. When I’m annoyed, she is, too. Then we’ll not talk for several minutes until one of us will say sorry and as I remember it correctly, she’s always the first one to do that. I never once did, like for real.

 

“I’m sorry, it really is my fault. It’s just that I really hate Saturdays, and I really am forced to go out of my apartment by myself. To tell you the truth, I want to really ask you if you want to consider on moving in with me so that we can stop this Saturday afternoon dates. We can date every day, every hour or every minute you want.”

 

When you’re expecting something for a very long time now to happen and then suddenly it happened, dude, it’s a mega shock! What am I suppose to react for this? From the time we said I love you’s for the very first time, I’ve been dying to hear that question from this person. Gosh, it took us three years before we could actually live together, if ever. But, can’t she ask it romantically? Seriously? Asking your girlfriend to move in with you, out of irritation, is definitely too far from being romantic. Hell this, I’ve been waiting for it and now heard of it, so asked by romantically goes to hell. So I really don’t care now how she asked me.

 

“After so many years! Thank God you’ve got the guts to ask me about that. And yeah, I also think that it’s about time I move in with you. But! I don’t like in your apartment. Your neighborhood is one of the reasons. Just not there.”

 

“Fine with me. At least we can save our time if we’re living together. So, do you have some place in mind? Because, if you will ask me… I don’t like to live in your apartment, either.”

 

“I’m okay with that. If you don’t like to continue this Saturday afternoon date, we can start finding for a new apartment.”

 

“Cool. Let’s go.”

 

“Okay.”

 

And as always, she took my hand and intertwined it with hers. Bickering with your love one is normal, at least after that you’ll get to feel loved all over again. That’s one thing I adore about my lover, the overly simple yet sweet things after some arguments that will just end once we had said I love you to each other over the phone before we drift off to dreamland.

 

And the coolest thing that I adore about her…

 

“Why do we have to turn in this park? We’re finding a new apartment and we have a lot of places to go.” I asked her although I have a hunch why she have done this. She loves to surprise me with simple things she just came up with.

 

“I know, but this can’t wait.”

 

She unfastened her seat belt and took my left hand. While holding it, she reached for something in the pocket of her blazer. After she had the hold of that something small, she looked at me like she wanted to tell me something important with that seriousness all over her face. But before I can hear anything out from the cutest and adorable lips I have ever seen, I felt a cold thing slipped on my ring finger on the hand she was still holding. I didn’t leave the staring contest we were engaged on for the fact that I can feel my raging nerves shouting at me that I may face the greatest surprise I will ever have in my whole life. I literally became speechless that moment. Even when I felt her lips on top of my left hand, though she didn’t also broke our stares.

 

I felt the warmth within me that came from that kiss. It’s not just because of the  kiss but that tiny band around my ring finger that has showed itself to me, the reason of my shock, the proof that cause me this racing heartbeat and the very thing I have always wished for to see that will lingers in its rightful place along with the hands that owns mine for always.

 

“We have to detour here so I can put it to you.”

 

“I want to say that I am speechless, though I am earlier, but now I highly doubt it. You made me feel so special, so lost, so touched and the most of all, so loved. You have given me the best gift ever. I can feel the sincerity and love you always have told me. I know you always love to detour somewhere just to give me a surprise, but I never expected this kind of surprise that brightened up my life to the most, if it can be more. This is something that should be treasured until the life has taken it, and I will do just that. Thank you for this wonderful moment. Thank you for coming into my life. Thank you for loving me and for letting me loves you. Thank you and I love you, and I will always do.”

 

“And I can clearly see how grateful you are. I know I had told you that I don’t like seeing you with tears, but I will let it pass today because I know it was tears of joy. I am happy that I made you happy in that way. I always wanted to do that, you know. And now I have achieved it. Thank you to you, too for the so much love you are giving me every day of my life and letting me returning it, if not much, at the same level.” She says as she wipes the tears that flows down my face that represents the feeling I am feeling because of her words.

 

But what’s the most touching that I saw from her, is when a tear rolled down on her cheeks as she says, “I love you, too, from the deepest of my heart, and I will always do.” Then she kisses me with full of passion and love from her that resembles mine.

 

After we broke the kiss, she continued holding my left hand as if she doesn’t want to let it go, while brushing the ring with her thumb.

 

“Really, I am so thankful for that ring you put on my ring finger.”

 

“Okay. And I want you to always wear until the day we walk that aisle and I put another ring next to it.”

 

“Of course I will. I would love to do that.”

 

“It will always make me remember that I belong to you and I’m just waiting for the day we will seal it in front of everyone including Him.”

 

“This is a proposal, right?”

 

“Yes, it is babe. And everyone will not ask us anymore why we will move in together because just simply looking at your left hand will answer them.”

 

‘True… and I’m now so excited to find the new apartment.”

 

“Ahm~ about that… can we go somewhere else first?”

 

“Another detour?”

 

“Slight.”

 

“Go ahead. We can always continue finding, tomorrow.”

 

“Okay.”

 

And off we go. To where? To the second most shocking surprise I ever received!

 

“Welcome to our new house. I’m glad that the plan worked out. This house will not go to waste now. I love you so much my soon-to-be wife. Thank you for accepting my proposal, though I know that you prefer a more romantic proposal.”

 

“Kim Taeyeon, you just made me the happiest girl in the world today. Not just the ring but showing this gave me a sight to our future. I love you! I love you! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!”

 

“I know you do Stephanie Hwang Miyoung. I know.”

 

It is indeed the best Saturday afternoon date/detour ever. >.<

 


Sorry it's lame... I just want to write something... please bear with me...