ALMOST

One Shot Stories of TaeNy

It’s part of the game, right? We have to choose whether to continue or to move on.

 

Yeah, right. And we chose differently. I chose to continue and she chose to move on. How’s that? After those promises, those hugs and kisses, and those lovely stares she gave me? She will just say that she chooses to move on?

 

I thought that what we have is for eternal. I thought it is something special. And I thought wrong. In the end, she chooses to leave me.

 

Every day that I was with her, I always asked myself “Is there a time that we will have to fall apart? That we will be back to strangers?”, and then now, all I’m asking is “why”. Why do we have to be afar from each other?

 

Is what we felt for each other not enough? Or, have I done some things wrong?

 

I really don’t get it.

 

And I hate it.

 

I chose.

 

She chose.

 

I am broken.

 

Her?

 

What about her? Does she feel the same way? Hahaha! Right! We still feel the same. We’re both broken. The last time I talked to her, she cried. I made her cry. I know it was a hard cry with the way she sobbed and those cracked voice that I almost regret on doing that because the once I really love husky voice was cracked and weakened.

 

Why was she crying? She chose to move on, right? Why feel the same way as me? Why?

 

That last phone call was an ultimatum. We should meet in our meeting place; she comes or not, is up to her. Just like clichés, if she comes, we will continue, but if not, then she wins and we will move on.

 

For the past hour, I’ve been thinking all the things we have done. All the memories we have had. Is it really going to waste? I really, seriously hope not.

 

But she’s late; or rather she is not coming. I guess this is it. We have to move on. I have to move on.

 

Letting go of the one we love the most is hard but I will let the sea breeze to take it. We can’t wait for the person who wants to let it all go. And fighting? How if the one you want to fight for is the first one to yield? And I know my lips curved into silly and weak grin. I lose.

 

Okay, time to leave. That’s enough waiting, right? I will leave this special place and let her win~

 

“Yah! Kim Taeyeon! Move or I will kill you!”

 

“What the~”

 

“After what you have made me because of your last phone call, you’ll just leave without waiting any longer?”

 

“Fany~ah…” I slowly turn to that voice I yearn to hear again and again for the rest of my life. To the person I want to live with until the end. And to that person I am talking about.

 

“You’ve said you will wait for me! No matter what!? You said that what I have decided is wrong! But what is this? You’re surrendering? And here I thought, I still can change my mind and I can still make this continue. Did I really hurt you that bad that you don’t even want to fight for me, for us?”

 

I can’t stop it, the tears that break from my eyes. I know I am crying `coz seeing her cry breaks me.

 

Almost.

 

I almost loose her. I almost did the most regretful thing I can do in my life. I almost let her go. Almost.