Chapter 8: Engagement

Fate? Woozi x Reader (Seventeen fanfiction)

Hai...I'm really tired of life. School is blech. High school will be even more blech. 
|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|
They nurses stood there shocked, afraid of what to do next. The once white walls had big black words spray painted on it, blood cover the two grandparents. Their monitors both detected no heartbeat. 
THE GIRL WILL BE MINE
"Girl..."
Then everyone in the room looked at each other, urgently one of them called the police about the incident. 
"We should probably call their grandchildren..."
"Hello, can you call the relatives of patients 1963 and 1964 to inform of their passing?" 
"Yes thank you." 

*ringgggg ringggg
"Hello?" 
"This is Yoonji hospital, your grandparents were admitted. And they've passed." 
"What? I'm coming there right now." 
What...how?! Why didn't I know they were admitted earlier?!
"What's the matter Y/N?" 
"I'm going right now to see my grandparents." 
"We're coming!"
Why now...Mrs.Kim. 
We take our van and speed to the hospital, I sat in the back and fiddle around with my fingers. 
"Stop, you're worrying yourself too much." 
Woozi put his hand over my fingers and preventing them from moving. 
"But they're dead..." 
They're...gone. For good. 
"We're here." 
He says pointing out the window, everyone goes out. Police cars were parked around, there were some officers talking with people from the hospital. The thirteen of us walked through the door, I asked the receptionist about my grandparents. 
"They're currently on the 2nd floor. The police are investigating the scene right now." 
"Is there any chance we'd be able to go see them?" 
"You could try but I doubt it." 
All of us file in the elevator; we reach the 2nd floor and head to the room. Caution tape surrounded the area, police officers were guarding the door. 
"Excuse me. Could we maybe be informed about what's happening?" 
The two men guarding the door knocked twice. A tall guy wearing his police hat opens the door, I'm guessing he was the chief. 
"Who are you?" 
"Seventeen, and we know the two people who passed." 
Just let us know what's happening. Why all the stalling... 
"Yes, can Y/N and Jihoon please come with me for a moment?" 
Woozi too? What...I wanna know what happened...
Woozi and I follow the police chief to the empty waiting room. He took out a letter, there were a few blood stains on the envelope. 
"This...was the will left behind by both Mr. and Mrs.L/N. It was addressed for you and him." 
"Can we open it?"
He nods, Woozi takes the envelope and rips it open. He unfolded the letter; we both started reading silently. 
Dear, Jihoon and Y/N 
By the time the both of you read this I have already been killed or have died due to old age. I hope that you two know that you're not safe either... Mrs.Kim is out to get you both. I have a request for you two, in the locked drawer in side of the room there's a contract for Y/N's arranged marriage. Take it to the authorities and say that Y/N's parents are dead. They'll withdraw the contract and contact Mrs.Kim about it. Find it before she does. The passcode is 1639042. Good luck.

"Shouldn't we go now?" 
Passcode... Contract... I knew something like this would happened...
"Let's go and get it." 
"Wait." 
The police chief stopped us before we got up to leave. 
"Don't you wanna know what happened to your grandparents?" 
"Ah...yes." 
That guard seems a little suspicious... 
"So they were found...by their neighbour on the floor bleeding." 
He put pictures of the scene on the table in front of us. 
Why is the place trashed...what if they...did they get the contract? 
"No weapons, evidence completely destroyed. After they were rushed to the hospital, the doctors managed to barely save them. Then..." 
He reaches over to his pocket, inside a plastic bag was a knife stained with blood. A clank was heard when he set the knife down on the table. The air thickened, I looked at Woozi, his face was blank. 
"This was found in the hospital room." 
There was a pause before he continued again. 
"We're trying to find out what happened...perhaps is there someone out to get you?" 
He pulls out a photo of the scene in the hospital room. In big bold letters painted on the white wall it read 'THE GIRL WILL BE MINE.' 
It's definitely her...
"Why don't you look into Mrs.Kim. Mother of Kim Taehyung from BTS." 
He jotts down some notes and thanks us. He stores the knife back into his pocket. 
"Thank you for your cooperation. We will call you if we need any other information." 
The contract. We need to go find it. 
I take a picture of the passcode written down, Woozi and I go back to the group waiting outside the doorway. 
"So what happened?"
"It's Mrs.Kim." Woozi says, we all stiffen. 
"It's almost time we debut. We can't get into trouble you know right?" 
S.coups steps towards us, I nod not knowing what else we could do. 
"We need to go to grandpa's house." 
"Why?" 
We all start walking out of the hospital passing all the chaos that was unfolded. Woozi explained about the contract to the rest of Seventeen, we loaded the bus and went straight to my grandparent's house. I sat in the back and looked at the photo of the passcode. 
I knew they'd do something like this...
The rain patterned down showering Seoul with its dark aura. All that went on in my mind was the contract. 
Why didn't they tell me? 
"Y/N are you ok?" 
"I'm fine."
Woozi stayed silent, we arrived at my grandparents place. All of us stepped out and saw how beaten up the front of the house looked. The plants in pots have all been trashed, the window was broken, and the front door was torn down. 
"Well...this looks ugly." 
"Let's just hurry and get the contract already." 
We step carefully into the house, more things were destroyed. It was quite obvious that they were trying to find the contract as well. 
"There's holes in the walls..." 
Those holes weren't there in the picture...Where is the drawer again...in a room... 
"Check the bedroom first." 
I walk over the trashed living room and open the sliding door to grandpa's bedroom. 
"Y/N WILL GET MARRIED WITH HIM." 
Well then...it's definitely Mrs.Kim...
 I take a picture of the message in black paint, the sliding door opens and shuts again. Woozi looks at the big bold letters, he pats my shoulder assuringly. I look at the drawer on the far side of the room; I walk over and enter in the passcode. 
What...there's nothing inside. . 
"Jihoon...it's not in here." 
His eyes widen, he looks inside the drawer to find that there was nothing inside. I hear him mutter a '' before going through his phone. 
"Who are you calling?" 
"Taehyung." 
Did she hide it? Wait...if she...does that mean she knows we're here? ing hell. 
"Hello?" 
"Yes, can I ask you for a favour? Your mom might have the contract somewhere in her house." 
"WHAT?!?" Woozi held his phone away from his ear. I hear a bunch of rambling until they finally came to a conclusion. 
"So you think you can find it?" 
"Alright, I'm leaving this in your hands." 
He hung up and put his phone back into his pocket. 
*buzzzzz
What was that. 
I take out my phone and see there was a text message from unknown. 
Unknown: Run while you can. 
"What..." 
Unknown has sent a picture. 
I open my phone and look at the photo; it was a timer counting down. There was one minute left. 
Oh don't tell me... 
"EVERYONE GET OUT OF THE HOUSE RIGHT NOW!!!" 
Woozi looks at me confused and runs after me. I drag all of us outside and get them all to go inside the van parked by the house. I look at my watch, a minute almost passed by. 
"EVERYONE DUCK AND COVER YOUR EARS!!"
Luckily they all listened, after a few seconds go by a large impact could be felt from the ground. I could feel the heat from the explosion; after a minute goes by and the fire dies down I tell the driver to go back to our dorm. 
"It's been a long day...how did you know..." 
"Here." 
I open my phone and toss it to Woozi. They all pass it around; all of us start chatting about what we were going to do about Mrs.Kim.
"What do we do if the contract isn't destroyed?" 
"...we could say that Y/N is already engaged to someone." 
Wonwoo you're crazy. How the hell will we be able to pull that off? A fake wedding? 
"Engaged to who though?" 
Everyone turns to Woozi; I turn bright red and press my face against the cold window. 
Why him! I like him but, AH! I can't. We really can't. No. No. Noooooooo. 
"Eh?! Why me?!" 
"Well you've already lied about dat-" 
What. How...
Woozi and I meet eyes and look at Hoshi who has Joshua's hand over his mouth. 
"How...WERE YOU WATCHING US?!" 
"Yah guys, we really screwed now. HOSHI THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!" 
"AISH you kids seriously." 
S.coups says and shakes his head. 
"What?! You were the one who suggested we spy on them!!!" 
S.coups. You sneaky bastard. 
He smiles nervously at everyone, we all burst into laughter.
"We've arrived!!!" 

"Hello?" 
"Taehyung-ah! It's Jihoon." 
"Oh! What is it this time?" 
Aigoo...mom what have you done this time. 
"We know what happened to the contract. The contract for your arranged marriage." 
"Really?! Where is it?!" 
"Yes, can I ask for a favour? Your mom might have the contract somewhere in your house." 
"WHAT?!?" 
"Anyways, can you find it?"
"Ok...but you owe me one." 
"Thank you, good luck." 
He hung up on me, what a serious guy. 
"Yo V! What was that about." 
Rap monster casually puts his arm around me. 
"We need to go to my mom's house. Get BTS." 

I walk out of the dorm and take the car keys with me. I start the van and wait for the rest of BTS. 
Where would she put it...
"Let's go!" 
The doors open; BTS flood inside quickly. Jungkook turns on the music, though the atmosphere suddenly became quiet. 
"Where are we going?"
"To my mom's house. I need your help though..." 

This'll be harder than I thought...


I look in the mirror, everyone was looking at the front. 
"You guys need to distract my mom for a while. Jihoon called me awhile ago..." 
"And..." 
"And, he said that my mom has the contract somewhere. The contract for my arranged marriage." 
"Eh?!" 
They start to fuss, I tell them to start thinking of distractions. Jungkook holds my hand. 
"Listen, your mom is dangerous you know." 
"I know..."
She's probably killed dozens... 
"Don't get hurt..." 

His grip tightens, we stop at her house. The black gates open for us; I curve around to the entrance. 
*ding dong* 
"Who is it?" 
"Mom, it's Taehyung." 
"Oh!" 
The door unlocks, she lets us all in. I look around for any signs of a hiding place. 
It's so empty...there's seriously none. That must mean it's in the study. How to get there. Ah. Perfect, the bathroom is that way. 

"I'm going to the bathroom." 
I leave them there with my mom, Jungkook looks at me with the sad eyes. 
I just hope they can distract her for long enough. 
Is what I think as I speed walk towards her study. I stop at the huge wooden doors, there was a lock around it. 
Dammit, I forgot you need a key.

I look around, an idea pops in my head while I'm searching. I lift the mat; the silver key was there. I turn the lock and enter the study. 
What the...it's so empty. 
*slam* 
I was startled, the doors were shut. I rattle the door knob; I was locked in. 
Look for the contract. 
I roam around, feel the book shelves and take a look at the view from the balcony. I go through her desk and noticed a locked drawer with a passcode. 
. What would it be...
123095 
*beep* 
Asa! 
The drawer opened, inside was a file organizer. With papers, lots of papers. 
Well this is gonna take a while. 
I go through the files until the last slot. The contract was there
I grab and fold it up so it would fit my pocket. Quickly I go to the door, it was locked. I open the balcony doors and go outside, a cold breeze hit me as I walked towards the ledge. I climb on the railing and balance over to the tree branch. Slowly I begun to climb down from the tree and go back inside from an open window. I rush to the living room and see them all talking. 
"What took you so long?" 
"Ah nothing." 
Thank god I knew about the tree...well at least I didn't break my leg like when I was younger. 


"Ah! We're back at the dorm!" 
"Let's eat!!!" 
"I'm hungry~" 
All of them made a fuss about food though it was only 4pm. 
"Just eat snacks first." 
"Oh! Let's watch tv!!!" 
"I CALL THE COUCH!!!" Dino and Hoshi start arguing as they sat on the couch pushing each other. I go upstairs and take off my jacket. 
We're seriously screwed...Taehyung... 
"Woozi!!! Come down!!! We're watching the news!" 
"Alright!!" 
I go downstairs and sit down next to Y/N. They were talking about the latest gossip, I open a can of coke and start drinking as the news lady kept speaking. 
"Yes, there have been rumors of V and Jungkook dating. They both are from the group BTS, they've declined many accusations but their actions seem to counter their claims." 
"Wow, these stations really don't know when to stop." 
"Yea, feel bad for them." 
"Moving on, a hot debut to look out for is Seventeen. They'll be debuting on October 26 which is a few days away. Now I heard they were self producing idols?" 
"Yes, we'll find out more about them after they debut." 
"Really? We won't give you anything!" Seungkwan yells at the TV. All of us laugh and continue eating snacks until the door bell rings. 
"I'll get it." 
"Who is it?" 
Please not Mrs.Kim...
"Me." 
"Oh Taehyung!" 
I let him inside, BTS comes flooding in as well. 
"Hello!" 
Everyone in Seventeen stands up and bows. 
"Have you guys been well?" 
"Yes, what brings you here." 
The contract?
"Actually...I have something." 
We all crowd in the living room and sit down. Taehyung pulls out a folded piece of paper from his pocket and lays it out on the table. 
"Is that..." 
"Yea. That's the contract. I didn't wanna look at it without you guys." 
How to get rid of it now... We need to take it to the authorities. 
"Should we see if that's even the right one?" 
I flip it over and look at the signatures. They look like the right ones, and the context is all correct. 
"What do we do with it now?" 
"Take it to the authorities." 
*knock knock
"Guys did you order food?" 
"No." 
"Then who is it?" 
I stand up and go to the door. My heart was racing; I froze thinking that it might be Mrs.Kim. 
"Who is it?" 
"Mrs.Kim, I need to talk with all of you." 
We're screwed. 
I turn around with wide eyes and tell them to put away the contract. They shuffle around quickly, I'm forced to open the door. I hesitate before turning the doorknob and letting her inside. She gives me a disgusted look before going inside and sitting down next to Taehyung. I can see his nervousness, and everyone's worry aura that filled the room. 
"Taehyung. I know you took the contract." 
"Uh...what contract..?" 
"Kim Taehyung." 
We all flinch at her sharp voice, he sets it on the table. She looks at the contract with glaring eyes. All of us stay silent and put our heads down making sure we don't look at her. 
"You will get married to her. That's my final decision." 
"Mom. You know I have a partner." 
"No! It has to be her." 
Taehyung and Mrs.Kim get into a heated argument that lasted for a few minutes. 
"But there isn't anyone else she likes right?!" 
There's one problem.
"Wait!" 
What did I just do...
Everyone looks at me, Mrs.Kim rudely scoffs and asks what my problem is.
"Excuse you, but you're quite wrong in what you just said. Y/N does have someone." 
"Who?" 
"She's actually engaged to him." I blurt out. 
Jihoon you must be utterly crazy. 
Y/N looks at me with a shocked face, so does everyone else but they all continue to play along. 
"Well. I'll give you until her birthday and that is all. If she isn't for certain dating anyone by that time I will have them married." 
...
She stands up taking the contract and exits through the front door. All of us let out a sigh of relief and slouch down. 
"Woozi what were you thinking?!?" 
"AH WE'RE IN DEEP NOW!" 
"It's fine! If she doesn't have one by then we'll lie!" 
"Right right." 
"Well I guess we should get going now." 
"Ok, goodbye!" 
Everyone says their goodbyes to BTS, they all start heading towards the front door. Taehyung then bends down to whisper something in my ear. 
"Just marry her already." 
My cheeks turn to a bright red; I slap his arm. 
"Ah hyung! Go! Go!" 
I shoo him away from our dorm, we start cleaning up the mess we've made while we were eating. 
"What now..." 
*ringgggg ringggg
"Hello?" 
"Ah Jihoon. Let's all have dinner, meat, it's on me tonight." 
"Really CEO? Ok, I'll tell the rest of them. What's the occasion?" 
"Almost debut date and I wanted to discuss a few things." 
Few things...we're in trouble now. 
"Ok, where is the restaurant." 
"The one near the office." 
"Ok, thank you." 
I hang up and put the phone back. 
"GUYS! CEO SAID HE'S BUYING MEAT FOR US TONIGHT!!!" 
"DAEBAK!!!" 
"HE'S SERIOUSLY THE BEST!" 
Everyone gets excited, we go off to the restaurant. 
There's something. I wonder if I should... Confess already. 
I smile at the thought and look out the window. The street lights seemed pretty in the dark, we arrived after a few short minutes and met the CEO. We all bowed and started ordering our food. 
"Kids, about Mrs.Kim." 
Oh no... 
There was a long pause between us. No one knew what to say. 
"I heard that a lot of bad things have been happening, listen. You cannot say anything or else the public will be in panic. The police are investigating, and I heard you found the contract also." 
"Yes...but she took it back from us..." 
"Is that so..." 
"We also told her...that Y/N was engaged to someone." 
"What." 
They all look at me, I smile nervously and avoid eye contact. 
"Would you mind explaining, Jihoon." 
"Ha...you see...it was in the spur of the moment. But now we have until her birthday to confirm it for sure." 
The meat arrives, we take turns barbecuing the meat, and eat contently while chatting. 
"Let's hope for a good debut!" 
"Cheers!" 
We raise our soda cans and continue eating. After a long time of chatting and eating we finally finish and head back to the dorm. 
"I'm so full~" 
"Thank you CEO!" 
"Good luck kids!" 
Time to rest... 
We arrive at the dorm exhausted, all of us quickly say good night, wash up, and go to bed. 
What to do...Y/N might actually get married at this rate. Our debut is soon, after we can worry...I wonder what happened in the past. I wonder what would happen if we didn't have her here with us... Thank you Y/N. For staying by us. 
I lean by her bed, she was fast asleep. 
"I love you, Y/N..."
I said smiling, I gave her a kiss on the fore head and went to sleep. I knew there was no way I'd be have the courage to confess soon. 

Did he just...say...he loves me?! 
|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|
Ah I'm alive!!! I'm so sorry... School had me busy, I'm sick. But I finally had to energy to write this chapter. Though it is shorter compared to my usual chapters. Well I hope you've enjoyed so far. I apologize for any spelling mistakes and grammar mistakes...