Chapter 6: Date?

Fate? Woozi x Reader (Seventeen fanfiction)

Sorry, but I'm just feeling down about my writing. I love doing this, I love writing, but I'm just feeling insecure about it so if this chapter is any worse than the previous it's probably because of this mood I have.
|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|
10:29pm 
*ding dong* 
Who could it be at this time...? 
"Mom? It's me." 
Taehyung...? 
I unlock the door; Taehyung and the rest of BTS stood in front of the door way. I invite them in and prepare some drinks for them. 
Why are they here this late... 
I set the silver tray down on the table, anxiously waiting for one of them to say something. 
"Mom." 
"Yes?" 
"You know when you told me to go on a date with Y/N?" 
Oh no...
"Yes, why? Did something bad happen?" 
"No, I...couldn't go." 
What? Couldn't go...why? 
"Why?" The members all look at him, Jungkook seemed especially nervous. 
"Because...I have a partner." 
"WHAT?!" 
Are you kidding me?! How?! When?! No! He can't! The company needs the benefits! He seriously can't! 
"Well then, let me meet her." 
"Mom...she's not a she. I...am dating Jungkook." 
WHAT IS THIS?! SOME JOKE?! 
"What?! You, you're joking right?" 
"No, he's being serious." 
Just then my Taehyung put his arm around that...Jungkook.
"This. Why?" 
"You can't change me... Love is love." 
So they love each other?!
"So do you plan on staying together?" 
Seriously, these two can't last. 
"Yes. We'll get married in the future." 
Why that kid...
"Alright, if you believe so. I'll leave you be, I've heard enough." 
I doubt they'll last for long...
They all look at me in shock; expects of them they don't believe a word I've said. 
"You're ok with it?"  
"Nothing bad has happened has it?" 
"No, we'll be taking our leave now. Goodbye mom." 
They stand up and bow as they all leave. I tap my finger on the arm rest beside me; I start thinking of things to separate them. 
Well...they won't last will they. Let's not do anything yet...wait it out...

"Y/N WAKE UP!" 
What...I was sleeping soundly...
"What...?" 
"It's 10 in the morning, we've let you sleep long enough." 
Argh...I don't wanna get up...
"But Jihoon~" 
"No, we have to run errands all day remember?" 
I forgot...ugh...well at least I'll get to see grandma and grandpa...
"Fine, I'll get up..."
Woozi holds out his hand; I grab it and he lifts me up from my covers. 
"It's cold!" I say and start rubbing my arms, Woozi laughs and starts going downstairs. 
What to eat for today... 
"Y/N, go eat and then we'll go!" 
"Ok!" 
I go downstairs to eat a bit of breakfast, I realize that the rest of the group was gone. 
Probably went to practice... 
I drank a cup of milk for breakfast and went to get changed. 
I should take care of myself better but whatever... 
"You ready?" 
"Yea coming!" 
I step out of the bathroom; Woozi and I start walking to the subway station.
"What did you want to ask my grandparents?" 
"Oh...it's nothing." 
I wish I knew...I never thought we'd ditch practice for today... I... Is this a date? What if it is... 

"Hey Y/N? Do you know that I love you?" 
What the hell just came out of my mouth... 
"Did you just..." 
Her cheeks turn into a scarlet red, I look away from her in embarrassment. 
"A-Ah, sorry... I meant, do you know that... Song! 'I love you' " 
"Ah! By 2ne1 sunbaenims!" 
There's an actual song!! Thank god...
"Ah we're here!"
"Let's go!" We go out to see Dongdaemun once again. The wind blew against my hair, it was unusually cool during the summertime heat. 
"Let's start going up." 
Ah right the hill...ugh...
We start trekking up the steep hill, it was very tiring just to climb up. Once we got up to her grandparent's house, we both were sweating and had beads of sweat running down our foreheads. 
"This...is just like practicing..."
"Ha...let's just go inside..." 
After we had caught our breaths, I knocked on the door waiting for an answer. Some footsteps were heard, they grew louder as the door swung open. Y/N's grandma faced us with a grin. 
"Y/N! Jihoon! What brings you two here? Come in!" 
Always so enthusiastic though she still has that bandage on her head... 
"So, are you two here to tell us when the marriage is?" 
"Grandma!" We look at each other and start laughing. 
"Where's grandpa?" 
"Ah he's still sleeping." 
Damn...I guess I'll have to wait. 
"So how are you two doing? Does your head feel ok?"  
"Son, don't worry. Just make sure that Y/N is living well." 
"Ok, I'll do that." I smile at her grandma's large grin. 
"Who's here?" 
Ah there he is... 
"Hello grandpa." I bow, he looks at me with suspicious eyes.
"Grandpa, I need to talk with you about something." 
He nods and motions for me to come into his room. I sit down on the wooden floor, he looks at me knowingly and shuts the door. 
"It's about the marriage isn't it?" 
"Yes... Taehyung. He...currently has a partner. He told us about it when they came over to our dorm." 
"I see, his mom... Would she care...?" He rubs his chin. 
Probably...I wonder if he told her already...
"Taehyung... He's dating Jungkook." 
His eyes widen; then he shakes his head in disappointment. 
"Mrs.Jeon and Mrs.Kim aren't exactly on good terms...the both of them are done for... Mrs.Kim will sabotage them, Jihoon...be careful. If she comes after you...or Y/N." 
Well great, now we have a crazy, mentally disabled, mom coming after us...
"Alright, also I wanted to know more details about this arranged marriage." 
"Ah..." He looks at me with sorrowful eyes and thinks for a moment. He nods his head and starts to explain the full story. 
"So...as you know they made a deal. The purpose of that deal was for the collaboration of their companies. Y/N's parents were very successful, I don't think Y/N remembers this but they had everything. A nice house, nice clothes, many privileges." 
Wow... 
"After the deal was done, Taehyung and Y/N got introduced to each other though the both of them had no interest in each other. Afterwards, Y/N's parents wanted to revoke their contract, Mrs.Kim refused. Then the car accident happened, they were planning on going snowboarding up in the mountains..." 
The car accident... Did Mrs.Kim purposely do it...
"When they were coming back down, the tires slipped on the ice and crashed into the side of the mountain..." 
"Do you think Mrs.Kim did that?" 
"Possibly, but we never found evidence. Mrs.Kim still wants to go on, all the money has been passed down to my wife and I. If we die, Y/N will get the rest of the money." 
It all makes sense now... I can't believe a person can be this cunning.
"So this is why we have to stop it right?" 
"Yes, I have a feeling we'll be killed soon. We are the only ones stopping her plan..." 
Good luck grandpa...
"Are you going to tell Y/N about this?" 
"No...I think you should." 
"Me?" 
What? I can't do that! She'll be devastated! 
"Yes, when you think she can handle the news, tell her the truth." 
"Ok grandpa..." 
"I'm putting my faith in you." 
He grabs my hand and lowers his head. I heard a few cries, I go over and hug him. 
Poor grandpa...he can't die in peace...
"It's ok, she'll be safe." 
The both of us go back out of the room and take a seat around the table. Y/N and her grandma still continued talking. I zoned out and started to think about the plan for today. 
Now that I have information I should probably talk with Taehyung tonight...after this we need to get office stuff, meaning going back to the dorm. Eat lunch, then what? Also I should probably introduce Y/N to all of our teachers later on. What is this day...a...date? No way, it can't be. 
"Jihoon? Should we leave? It's 12 already."
"Why don't we all have lunch together?" 
"Where?" 
"Ah, let's go visit Mrs.Sun!" 
"Ah...ok let's go." 
Why is Y/N down... Who is Mrs.Sun anyways? 
We all head out, but Y/N just seems to have a cloud of gloom over her head. 
"Hey, you ok?" I ask nudging her. She looks at me and says she's fine. 
"Y/N, I know that's fake." 
"It's nothing, really." 
She flashes a fake smile, I don't question her anymore since she started to feel uncomfortable. 
We'll see what'll happen when we get there... 
Grandma and grandpa kept rambling on for the rest of the walk, we arrived at a small, not occupied restaurant. The sign was tattered; the faint bells could be heard as we entered. Grandma and grandpa just took a seat at the nearby table, a few clanging noises could be heard from the back of the kitchen. An elder lady came out from the battered up door, she smiles and comes towards our table. 
"Long time no see! How are you all doing!" She greets Y/N and her grandparents casually. We all start to order, she then noticed my presence. 
"Who is this young man?" 
"Hello, I'm Jihoon." I stand up and bow; though she looked displeased because of me. 
"Ah, he's in a kpop group with our Y/N." 
"Really? Woah, what's the name of your group?" 
"Seventeen, we haven't debuted yet." 
"Ah I see, so has Y/N gotten a boyfriend yet?" 
"No, but who knows when she'll get one." 
She'll need one soon...before she'll get married...
"Ah grandma!" 
"Well, you know we could have Youngjae come over here." 
Youngjae? Her grandson? 
"Y/N how about it?" Her grandma looks to her with hopeful eyes, Y/N just looks away though. The tension grew as the silence prolonged. 
"Y/N has a boyfriend." I blurted out all of a sudden. She looks at me in disbelief, then pokes my arm. 
"What are you saying?!" She says with her eyes. 
"Really?! Who?" 
I look at her not knowing what to do or say at the moment. 
Who should I say?! The old lady is getting angry, Y/N's grandparents are on edge, WHAT DO I DO?!?? AHHHHHHHH!!!! Ok just say something completely random? AISH! Just don't screw up?!?
"Me." 
I THOUGHT I SAID DON'T SCREW UP!!!!! IDIOT!!!! 
"What?! Y/N?! Why didn't you tell us?!" 
"U-Uh...I...um..." Her blush kept darkening as she sank down her seat flustered. 
"So? The both of you are dating?" 
What should I do...keep going on with the lie? 
"Yes..." 
"But you two don't seem like it." Mrs.Sun accuses us. 
You old hag! What's your problem?! just buy it!! 
"Then, what could we do to make you believe?" 
She thinks for a minute before answering once again. 
"Act lovey while you're here, we'll be watching." With that Mrs.Sun left us there and went back to the kitchen. 
This is so awkward...what should I do...aish you idiot Jihoon! Why'd you say you're her boyfriend?! 
I tried to put my arm around her stealthily, though I felt really awkward doing this is front of her grandparents. She leans towards my ear and cups her hand around it. 
"What are you doing? Why did you say that?" 
"Sorry...you just...I thought you felt uncomfortable since Mrs.Sun..." 
"It's fine, I forgive you...but we need to tell my grandparents afterwards that it's fake." 
I nod, we both face them again after our whispering. They just look at us with suspicious eyes, the aroma of food was strong and filled the small space. Mrs.Sun comes out with all the dishes, she placed all the dishes down grumpily and stormed back into the kitchen.
"Someone's a bit angry..." 
I mumble under my breath. I blow on the noodles and give some to Y/N as one of the 'acts' just in case she was watching. 
"So you two are seriously?" 
"Ah..." I look at Y/N not knowing what to say. 
"Please don't be mad...?" 
"Mad? I'm so happy that you two are together!" 
Seriously...how can we tell her the truth now...? 
We laugh it off and continue eating our food. After a few awkward conversations about our relationship, and a lot of laughing we finally unused eating. 
"Wow, I'm so full..." 
Mrs.Sun comes out to clean the table, I end up paying for our meal. She gave me one last look before we left and said goodbye. I tap Y/N on the shoulder while her grandparents were out of hearing range. 
"How will we tell them now?" 
"I don't know...they seem so happy." 
"Should we just leave it?" 
"What are you two doing?" Grandpa comes up to us, I smile nervously. 
"Ah nothing, just discussing what we need to pick up for the office." 
"Ok, we need to go back take care the two of you!" 
Her grandparents walk away with big smiles on their faces; there was no way we could tell them the truth. 
"Let's just hope we don't get Seventeen coming here..." 
"Right. So let's go back and get our office supplies?" 
"Let's go!" 
We skip to the subway together and take a train back to the dorm. We still had a while to go get everything, hopefully the members won't be too mad. 
I need to call Taehyung and stuff...
"We need to go to the dorm first, I'll drive." I say while walking up the stairs to the practice room. 
"We're taking a car?" 
"Yea, I have a driver's license." 
"Wait, where are you getting the car?" 
"Ah we would usually just borrow manager hyung's car." 
I open the door and see Seventeen singing and playing around with their feet. 
"Oh! You two are back!" 
"Hey! So, do you still need to run errands?" 
"Yea, where's manager hyung?" 
"He's in his office!" S.coups calls from the other room. 
"I'll go get the keys, you can stay here first." 
I walk out; his office was fairly near. I take out my phone and find Taehyung in my contacts. 
*ringgggggg ringgggg
"Hello? Taehyung here." 
"It's me Jihoon." 
"Oh Jihoon! So what about it?" 
"Apparently Y/N's parents had a company, the marriage was for their company's benefits. Her grandparents have all the money, they die, she gets it." 
"Wow...so my mom just wanted the money for the company...I can't believe she did that." 
"Also they told me that you two met when you were younger. I guess the both of you don't remember." 
"Well I guess not...we still need to practice, how about we talk tonight?" 
"8 good?" 
"At that cafe near your place?" 
"Sounds good, bye." 
I hung up and knocked on the manager's door. I heard a faint 'come in' and entered his office. He was on the phone, I motioned for the keys. He reached over and threw them; I mouthed a quick 'thank you' then left. 
What to do...what can I do?
"Y/N let's go!" I say poking my head in the practice room. I hear running, she stepped outside; we both walked to the black Mini Cooper parked outside the building. We both sit in our seats and put on our seat belts.  
"So nice..." 
"I know." I chuckle and start the engine. We head off to the city; Y/N turns on the radio, BTS's new song played. She turned up the volume, we started singing along and fooling around in the car. After a long drive we finally came to the big office store. 
"Wow, so big." She said coming out and stretching her arms and legs. 
I do the same before we both walk inside, the cold air conditioning blasted us in the face. 
"First, get a new chair!" 
"Chair?" 
"Yea! No way I'm letting you sit in that foldable chair!" 
"Alright let's go find them!" We run over to the chair section, stacks of shelves full of boxes, rows of test chairs waiting to be sat on. 
"Start testing...there's so many." I say in awe. 
Y/N and I sat on the chairs trying to choose one, I ended up pushing her in the chair, we laughed and played around until a staff member saw us. 
"Excuse me, can you not do that to the chairs."  
"Sorry..." We apologized and put the chair back. 
"It's your fault!" 
"Me?! You're the one who didn't stop me!" I said laughing, she ended up choosing the black padded chair from the other side of the area. I take the box from the shelf and carry it around as we looked for more stuff.  
"Headphones, some cords, and also let's repaint the office! We also need to replace the door sign but we can just cover it with paper." 
"Paint the office?" 
"Yea, it looks so old and boring." 
At the moment, the office was green, the kind of green that looked like vomit. Personally, I want to change that. 
"How about these headphones?" I say taking the box from the hanger. 
"Are they good?"  
"Well I heard they were good."  
"Ok then, next!" 
We walk to the cords, I get a few extension cords and have Y/N hold them. 
"Alright paint." 
"That reminds me, should we soundproof our office? They said they could hear us." 
"Oh yea, maybe we should." 
"I'll go get a cart first though..." She goes off to the cashier area while I started looking at the color schemes. 
Dark blue looks good...but that red...and grey...which one...?
Y/N comes back with the cart, I set down the huge box inside and show her all the colours they had. 
"This one is also pretty...what if we had these two and left the other wall with the door green. We can put the soundproof stuff on that green wall to cover it." 
The burgundy colour with the navy blue together was what we decided on in the end. We also got these panels that we could stick onto the green wall which would hopefully be enough to block out our noise. I pay for all the items, we load it all inside the trunk.
"Wanna go for a walk?" 
"Yea sure." 
Yay! What am I doing... 
We walk and talk while looking at all the pretty things in the city. 
"The fresh air is so nice..." 
"Ice cream! Let's get ice cream." 
"You're an actual child." She laughs as we walked to the stall. After buying ice cream we ended up walking more. 
"I wish my friends were in Korea... They all had to move because of their jobs..."
"Oh...by the way, what do you honestly think about the members?" 
"I love all of you, it really feels like a family..." 
She's down again? 
"Hey what's wrong again?" 
"No, it's nothing." 
Maybe this'll cheer her up? 
"Ajumma? Can I buy this?" I point at the cat headband. She nods and I hand her the money; I put it on my head and face Y/N. She looks and bursts out laughing at my appearance. I take it off and put it on her head, she seems to have cheered up after that. I started humming a random time, she ended up joining in as we walked back to our parking space. 
"Today was fun, we still have to set up everything in the office, and you have to meet our teachers." 
She groans and gets inside the car. We drive off, listening to music, chatting, though I still felt like she was feeling down. Something had happened, or she was thinking of something. 
Maybe I'll talk to her about it later... 
We arrived back at the practice room and unloaded all of our office supplies. 
"WE'RE BACK!" 
"WOOOOOOOO!!!" Seventeen was jumping around and singing. 
These guys are seriously crazy... 
"ALRIGHT EVERYONE GET BACK TO PRACTICING!"
Our choreographer tells us; Yoon Hyelim. 
"Hyelim-ah! Introduce yourself to Y/N here!" 
I say holding the huge box and a few other materials. She bows down and starts her introduction. 
"Hello, my name is Yoon Hyelim but you can just to call me Hyelim. I help choreograph Seventeen's dances for their performances. I'll be looking forward to working with you." 
"Thank you Hyelim, I'll work hard." 
We go back to the office and start setting up everything. After an hour or so the office chair was complete, everything was cleaned up, and all the extra cords were out in the correct place. 
*knock knock
"Come in!" The door opens and Doogi PD comes in. 
"We have to start vocal training." 
"We still have to paint the office..." 
"Put the music on! I'll train you here!" 
"Ah introduce yourself to Y/N first please." 
"Hello, call me Doogi PD, I help in producing, and I'm the vocal trainer for Seventeen." 
"Doogi PD, I'll work hard." 
We start our training as we're painting the walls, Doogi PD telling us what we're doing wrong. After it was all finished, we let all the paint dry and took down all the tape pieces and newspapers on the ground. 
"Good work today!" 
"Thank you!" 
"Wow, it's already dinner time..."
"I'm hungry~ Y/N~ can you get some snacks?" 
"Fine..." 
Hehe there's time to make the sign. 
She left the room and went towards the kitchen, I pressed print on the computer screen and went to the other room to get the piece of paper. I stuck it up over the sign on the door to the office and smiled after it was done. 
"Woozi and Y/N's office: Composers." 
That looks way better. 

"I have snacks!" She gives me a bag of chips and looks up at the sign. 
"Haha, that looks better than the old sign."
We both smile and lock the office door. 
"Alright!!! Who's ordering dinner this time?" 
"I will! What to eat?" 
"Anything! I'm starving..." 
Hoshi goes to order our dinner, the rest of us gather around in a circle discussing about practice. 
"We're learning a new dance, apparently we have another mini concert coming up."
"Mini concert?" 
What to do...it's almost 7, what is that? 
I heard a few buzzes from across the room and went to check it out. As I neared, it was Vernon's phone that was ringing. 
The CEO...? 
I answer the call, his voice sounded weary. 
"Vernon?" 
"Hello CEO, it's me Jihoon." 
"Ah Jihoon, can you get the rest of the group on the phone too?" 
I go over to the group and put it on speaker as he spoke. 
"So, after long hours we were finally able to calculate how much you made in that one concert." 
The numbers are in. Damn... No wonder he's so tired. 
"There were over 5,000 tickets sold, you guys made over 500,000 won." 
"Really?!" 
"Yea, good work kids! After this concert you have, we will start thinking about your debut date. Good luck." 
The call ended, we all did a group hug and started celebrating. 
"Let's debut quickly!" 
"Seventeen!!" 
It's so hard to imagine life without all these idiots. We need to debut soon... 
"Let's eat in celebration of our concert!" Hoshi exclaims while he brings in boxes of chicken and coke. We all start eating, and discuss about the new choreography that we missed. 
It's almost eight, I need to leave soon... 
After a few more minutes I get my jacket and head out the building discreetly. I walk down to the cafe a few blocks down the street, Taehyung was already seated in the seat by the window. The bell sounds as I walked into the cafe, I find my way to Taehyung and take a seat across from him. We locked eyes and sat in silence knowing that Mrs.Kim was probably watching us. 
"So...does your mom know." I ask calmly. 
"Yea. I don't think she really accepts it though." 
"I see..."
Looks like it'll be a rough few months... 
"I heard you guys sold 500,000won worth of tickets, congratulations."
The both of us don't dare to make actions of any sort, I fake a laugh and pull out my phone to check Twitter. 
Knowing them they probably posted it. 
Post: Seventeen practice montage 
Caption: CARATS! Thank you all who came to the concert or supported us at home!!! We raised 500,000 won worth of tickets!!! Thank you so much! Without all you CARATS we wouldn't even have a dorm to live in. The gratitude and happiness Seventeen feels is indescribable, THANK YOU ALL!!! CARATS WE LOVE YOU! 

"Anyways, Y/N's grandparents...they'll probably be in danger starting from now." 
I nod knowing that I'm in the same position. 
"I'll walk you back to the practice room, my mom might try something but she won't if I'm here." 
"Good idea..." I trail off, we both stand up and go outside to the cool summer night. 
"Do you plan on telling Jungkook's parents as well?" 
"Eventually..." I pat him on the shoulder, we continue walking being cautious of traps that may have been placed. 
"So...what about you? Don't you like Y/N?" 
I'd say it's...more than like...but would she even consider someone like me? 
"Truthfully...yea." Taehyung smirks and playfully punches my shoulder. 
"Go for it then, it's obvious she likes you too." 
Isn't it too early still...I meant we've known each other for about 2 weeks now. 
"But we've only known each other for a few weeks..." 
"True. It's especially dangerous now too...be careful ok." 
"I will, just hope your mom doesn't pull off something extreme..." 
We arrive at the practice room, I head up quickly to the room to see everyone doing stretches. 
"Where were you?" Asked Wonwoo. 
"Met with Taehyung." 
"Ah...hurry up before we start practicing." 
He walks off, I take off my jacket and hang it; joining in with the stretching afterwards. 
"Let's start! We gotta make this concert good! One more week!" 
"Seventeen fighting!!!" 
-
For the next week, Seventeen practiced day and night non stop. Their meals were short, showers were shorter, and they all pulled off all nighters. Though during this week, Y/N seemed especially down because of something. She would join in with all the fun, but when she wasn't there she'd be off in her own world thinking of something. Her expressions looked sad, even her aura was dark. Woozi then decided to question her about it after one particular day where she quit trying to speak. 

"Y/N? Seriously what's wrong? You can tell me." 
"When we went to visit grandma and grandpa...Mrs.Sun brought back memories...bad memories..." 
I knew it was Mrs.Sun...
"You should've said so earlier! It's ok, you know what, after this is finished let's go get a good sleep ok?" 
"Ok Jihoon..." 
I hug her one last time before going to wash up. 
Seriously what is up with all the bad stuff in everyone's lives...it's ridiculous. Utterly stupid. 
I head out of the shower, Y/N was dressed ready to go back to the dorm. We walk together in a comfortable silence admiring the night sky and the city lights. We arrive and quickly flop down on our beds exhausted. 
"Today was tiring..." I say out loud. When I look over to Y/N's bed she was already curled up fast asleep.
ah so cute...

I go onto our Twitter account and post one of our recent photos. 
Post: Group photo/Seventeen eating 
Caption: Seventeen TV concert tomorrow! Will be broadcasted on TV, CARATS thank you for getting us this far!! We love you~ Everyone coming to the concert expect solo performances!!! ~Jihoon Seventeen

I smile and shut off my phone, I catch one last glimpse of Y/N's face before falling asleep. 
If only life could be this peaceful... Though I have a feeling that something bad is coming... 
|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|
Sorry. School, and just life happens. My mom makes me hate myself, she makes me believe that the thing I want to do isn't possible and that it would never happen. I wanna be a kpop idol, I want to learn. I'm learning Korean. My mom isn't letting me do what I like and she's suggesting for me to do martial arts, or computer science. Also she dis-motivates me, she's against most of the things I want to do. It's like she wants to control who I am. Sorry for the rant and sorry for not updating quickly, but I hope you understand this. Also I'm so sorry if this chapter really , I tried my best in the state I'm in now so please understand. The next chapter will be better I promise.