Chapter 13

2 in 1...BODY

Chapter 13

Chun and Ella together

(Chun’s POV)
“I hate my brother!” she broke the silence while I head out, but I remembered I promised Calvin that I’ll stay.
“um…Chun, right?” she turned to me, I just nodded while glancing at the window.
“Chun, you want to eat?” she offered me an apple.
“no thanks.” I said coldly.
“look, if you won’t be nice. It’s better if you leave, don’t you think?” she didn’t say it rudely.
“I’m sorry. I apologize for being rude.” I looked at her, then I realize she looked very familiar. have I met her before?
“have we met?” I blurted the question.
“not that I remember.” She said with a cute smile. I stared for a long time but I still couldn’t remember.
“um…I’ll go out for awhile.” I walked out before I could hear any reply and sighed. I must be thinking about her again…
~7 years ago~
“Chunnie!!!!” a 15 year-old Jia Hua called my nicknamed she made for me, I turned around as I opened my arms for her. She ran to me with a big hug, it’s been four months since I saw here after I went to Canada for a school program.
“Jia Hua!!!” I couldn’t believe I’ll be marrying her soon, though she doesn’t know yet.
“Chunnie, I want you to meet my boyfriend later on. But don’t tell my mom, ok?” I felt my heart dropped at the word of ‘boyfriend’.
“oh, ok.” I mumbled before we continued our conversation, that night I met her jerk boyfriend and that night was the night when we were going to announced about the wedding.
“where are we going?” Ella held my hand as we walked to a hallway.
“your mom called me to meet up for a special occasion but I don’t know what about.” I turned away, I knew what will happened and I know she was going to hate me.
“Tonight, we’re announcing the wedding of Wu Chun and Wang Jia Hua!” my dad said aloud and I saw Ella tensed. Her jaw clenched as her eyes flickered to me, the flash of her eyes were full of range and anger I couldn’t imagine. That night was the last night I saw her before I heard she ran away, now I already forgotten all about her, her face, her personality, her smell, everything. I forgot about it because I was so hurt and in pain that I couldn’t bear thinking about her anymore but when I saw Ella’s face. Something in my memory was opened once again, but I don’t know what. I turned to the wooden carved key chain that was the last memory I got. Of her.
I went down to buy something I can’t help but still remember, a bag of semi-chocolate chips. Something Jia Hua never stops nibbling when we were younger, I smiled at the memory though her face was foggy but I still remember that one part. I opened the bag of chocolate and start walking my way to Ella’s room, when I opened the door I was greeted by an excited Ella.
“I smelt chocolate chips!!!” she snatched the bag and started munching it all up.
“I don’t believe you can smell it.” I chuckled as I sat down on the free couch.
“you seem to love those?” I saw her turned with a sad face and she turned the bag upside down to reveal that was already empty.
“yup, I loved this since I was young. I had a friend before but I don’t remember him anymore, he used to buy this for me.” she stared far away, perhaps remembering something.
“you know funny how of all snacks you would buy this.” she giggled as she laid back down to the bed.
“mind if I ask… how come I just met you now, I’ve known Jiro for 5 years.” I looked at her, her face turned to a sad look.
“I left him 7 years ago, I ran away from home…” I was shocked to hear her said that, was it coincidence that she also ran away 7 years ago and that she likes chocolate chips.
“what’s…yo-your full name.” I can’t help but stutter and hoped that it was her.
“Ella Chen but my real name is Wang Jia Hua.” She smiled at me.
“Jia Hua?” I felt my tears started to dwell on my face. She noticed it and was suddenly confused.
“I’m Wu Chun, you’re best friend remember?” I grabbed her shoulders and she looked at me shocked.
“Chunnie?” she said, her face still remained shocked. I chuckled at her remark and hugged her tight, I felt my shirt wet to realize she was weeping also.
“Jia Hua, I’ve looked for you for so long.” I said as I pulled away.
“Chunnie, finally I got to see you again.” She wiped her tears.
“but aren’t you mad at me, that’s’ why you ran away?” I said sadly.
“no, I was mad at my mom for not telling me I was getting married already at a young age, and I was not in good terms with my mom before you know that plus I wasn’t ready to get married and not because you were the person I was going to marry…I was happy to hear that I was engaged to you, but to just piss my mom off I ran away. How childish right?” she laughed, I couldn’t control myself and crushed my lips on her. I felt her tensed but she wrapped her arms around my neck.
“I was waiting for this day to come…” I heard her whisper to my ear when suddenly I heard clapping hands.
“finally you’re together!” I turned to see Jiro clapping her hands and acting dramatically.
“I knew you were Chunnie, I’m sorry I didn’t tell you I’m Wang Da Dong.” He apologized and I turned to him with a puzzled face.
“why didn’t you?” I felt my fist clenched, I didn’t realize I was mad and I slowly walked to him, while he backed away and hit the white wall.
“because I was hoping to find my sister for you to meet before revealing myself, and who knows not only did you meet her, you smooch her!!!” Jiro laughed but straighten up when he saw the reaction I had.
“WHAT!?! YOU LIED TO ME!?!? YOU”RE DEAD!!!” he quickly ran away, I walked back to Ella who was giggling.
“I’ll come back, after I kill you’re brother.” I was still furious. Ella pulled my tie as she kissed me, I felt my heart pumped so fast, is this a dream?
“please spare my brother’s life, we both found each other recently!” she braided her fingers to mine.
“Fine!” I muttered as I slumped down the chair next to her and heard her giggle. I turned to her with a happy smile, she was finally here.
“be my girlfriend?” I said, she turned to me with a disappointed look.
“Wasn’t two kisses enough?” she said as she shook her head as she teased me.
“I don’t think 2 kisses is enough.” I teased back as I leaned closer, we kissed again and this time it was longer and sweeter. I broke away and stood up, she gave me a confused look.
“wait.” I winked and walked to the door and locked it.
“so this time no one will disturb us.” I walked back to her and continue to kissing her.